SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Picking new wheels is tough!!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picking new wheels is tough!! Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
This photo is from back in 2013. I like the five spokes on this Sienna:

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Three words: Rent to own. Wink

Why would I do that?? I'd be paying cash!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
This photo is from back in 2013. I like the five spokes on this Sienna:

I like the 5 spokes from an angle like that but the Sienna needs 19s at a minimum and straight on from the side I don't like seeing the brakes. Sure their are big beak kits out there but I am not getting into all that.

There are some good looking Siennas out in Cali. Vossen has a whole ad campaign geared at Sienna owners.
https://youtu.be/Ms_ujnMxu2c

Vossen has some really good looking wheels too. I just can't bring myself to drop the coin on them.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
There's a British Formula One driver (if I remember correctly, Stirling Moss) who said he always rented minivans in the US. He could drive them the fastest with the lowest risk of being ticketed.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're gonna go there, go big. Get some 20" spinners and low profile tires. Big Grin

Ken

Posts: 1049 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
Did you look at TSW? They have a boatload of styles.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
quote:
You've obviously got too much money.

quote:
why, why why???

quote:
Dude, I'd invest my money someplace else besides wheels for a minivan!

Kids college education?

Jeez! Give Black92LX a break. He bought a used vehicle and wants to dress it up and is staying within a budget. I don't see you guys jumping all over the guys that want to buy Ferraris, G wagons, and other $100k + vehicles, Rolex watches, fancy grills, motorcycles, hundred dollar spinning tops, thousand dollar parkas, the latest flat screen tv, trips to the Caribbean, fancy blenders, thousand dollar quad copters, or the hundreds of dollars in flashlights. I am sure he has his finances locked down judging by his posts over the past several years. He seems pretty squared away.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
I've always been partial to BBS.
I guess a 2015 Sienna XLE AWD & tirerack only shows that these come in 18"
BBS SR 18"

But the stock image they have, it looks good to me.
Those rims actually have a, ease of cleaning rating. Who would have thought that. Maybe Black92 will post up a pic of his Sienna when he gets time.

The BBS SR has too much space between the spokes for the likes of me. I prefer the LM who u is what wheel numbe 2 seems to be modeled after but the BBS LM is in the ballpark of $1100 per wheel!!!
http://www.bbs-usa.com/road_wh..._details.cfm?wheel=6

I'll get some pics up eventually. Have not had it in my possession for longer than 48 hours since I bought it. Hopefully everything is finally good to go and I can clean it up.
So far only added yellow LED fog lights, window tint, and neoprene seat covers for under the car seats.
I have HIDs ready to install and I hope to get them put in Monday.

That makes sense, I've always been somewhere in between. The LM is just a bit too much for me, spokes and $$$.
Luckily I'm pretty happy with the OE wheels on my F150, because it seems the majority of decent looking truck wheels all have those fake beadlock bolts around the rim, which I really don't like.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Pimping a mini van? Roll Eyes

We just bought a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, and I think the fancy wheels from the factory are cool enough.

Then again...I am 62 years old, and try to spend my retirement dollars wisely. Cool

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
As far as minivans go the Sienna is the most aesthetically pleasing one out there in my opinion.

If it were me I'd probably try to go this route. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Now you went and done it stickman. I am sure Mrs. Black92 is going to love driving around in her rock crawler Sienna when Black gets done building it.. Big Grin

I wish I had a Sienna as I like the Van. Only thing I would add would be expensive Michelins.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
If you're gonna' pimp a minivan, this is the way to do it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQM_TyyRye4

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
As far as minivans go the Sienna is the most aesthetically pleasing one out there in my opinion.

That does not appear to be a Sienna to me, front opening doors, and it almost looks like hinged rear doors.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

That does not appear to be a Sienna to me, front opening doors, and it almost looks like hinged rear doors.

If that weren't a one off kit that cost more than what I paid for the van I would do it in a heart beat.
The front doors were flipped likely to allow for the larger wheels wells and the rear are likely hinged as the slider would not open over the new fenders.

It is a Sienna shell on a Tacoma frame

————————————————

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised Toyota hasn't offered up a Sport model of the Sienna van as, they've gone crazy with their Camry car. I saw a pic of this and its rather sharp for a Camry. Heck, the new Camry does where 19" wheels and, the hybrid model has way more busy looking rims. Maybe you need some Camry rims for your Sienna.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post