SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Picking new wheels is tough!!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picking new wheels is tough!! Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I just pimped my '97 Corolla ride, yo, with new wheels for around $400. Word, yo! Cool

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
http://www.mrmoneymustache.com...t-mr-money-mustache/

My advice would be to put the money into a college 529 account for your kids. That $2,000 could turn into $6,000 by the time they are ready for college.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I've always been partial to BBS.
I guess a 2015 Sienna XLE AWD & tirerack only shows that these come in 18"
BBS SR 18"

But the stock image they have, it looks good to me.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I don't think it's possible to make those look cool Wink Enjoy it for what it is and it's' intended purpose and put that towards the kids, or a fun car Smile

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
... No racing but it will likely get some Megan Racing suspension components to tighten her up a bit. ...
No way, bro. The way a minivan rolls when you hit the bends are part of the charm. Feels like a pleasure cruise. Big Grin

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I just pimped my '97 Corolla ride, yo, with new wheels for around $400. Word, yo! Cool

Did you get the plastic spinners they sell at auto zone?

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
You're going to make a racing Sienna?

You don't want to hear this, but while this isn't exactly putting lipstick on a pig, it is putting fancy mag wheels on a mini-van. I'd save my money.

Thank you for expressing my feelings as well.
Is the OP 16 yo?

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
You've obviously got too much money.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
why, why why???

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
dude, it's a minivan. it will never be cool.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

Did you get the plastic spinners they sell at auto zone?

Shiiiiiiiiiiiit. I bees gonna git somma dim so's I can up my street cred. Woooooord!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Personally,

I'd just buy a stock full size wheel and find a way to carry it under the vehicle. Add a trailer hitch for bike racks. Roof rack for snowboards, etc. Roll with it for what it is.

If you've got money to burn, then a second set of steelies with some aggressive tires for snowboarding season.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
No racing but it will likely get some Megan Racing suspension components to tighten her up a bit.

Hell, get you some Mugen to go with Megan too, might as well!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Never understood this. But to each their own. I suppose I'm a plain, bone-stock kinda guy.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
BBS SR 18"

Those rims actually have a, ease of cleaning rating. Who would have thought that. Maybe Black92 will post up a pic of his Sienna when he gets time.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
BBS SR 18"

Those rims actually have a, ease of cleaning rating. Who would have thought that. Maybe Black92 will post up a pic of his Sienna when he gets time.

The BBS SR has too much space between the spokes for the likes of me. I prefer the LM who u is what wheel numbe 2 seems to be modeled after but the BBS LM is in the ballpark of $1100 per wheel!!!
http://www.bbs-usa.com/road_wh..._details.cfm?wheel=6

I'll get some pics up eventually. Have not had it in my possession for longer than 48 hours since I bought it. Hopefully everything is finally good to go and I can clean it up.
So far only added yellow LED fog lights, window tint, and neoprene seat covers for under the car seats.
I have HIDs ready to install and I hope to get them put in Monday.

But putting a new wheel speed sensor and rear diff fluid change on the Explorer takes priority so I can sell it.

Yes, I am aware it is a van. Some may not want to put wheels on it and that is fine but some look nice in my opinion so I may get some or I may put the money into the Mustang. We'll see.
Kind of like when I see people spend any sort of money on modifying a Glock. I find that to be a complete and utter waste, talk about putting lipstick on a pig. But if someone wants to do something silly like that even after being silly for purchasing a Glock in the first place I won't knock their choice.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Dude, I'd invest my money someplace else besides wheels for a minivan!

Kids college education?

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:
Dude, I'd invest my money someplace else besides wheels for a minivan!

Kids college education?

Covered. Been doing that for awhile and will continue for the next 18 years.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Three words: Rent to own. Wink

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post