SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Which Wiper Blade Do Y'all Like
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Wiper Blade Do Y'all Like Login/Join 
posted
I've been partial to Bosch, but RockAuto doesn't carry them for my truck and since I need to order some other stuff there I thought I'd see if anyone has experience with Trico, Denso, or Valeo.

I've not heard of them, but they get good reviews elsewhere and are actually a little less than the Bosch Icons that I had before.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Sorry it's Bosch or nothing for me...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6469 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Standard metal frame Aanco are the best. They run about $8 a blade.
Used to be carried at Walmart but have not seen them there since they picked up the Michelin brand.
I have tried those with about equal success as well as Rain X.

Again standard blade not all these $20+ blade nonsense.

Bosch standard frames I like a lot as well.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25674 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Used to be carried at Walmart but have not seen them there since they picked up the Michelin brand.

I think I spent about $20 a blade on the last Bosch Icon set at an O'Reilly or similar. Of course I had to pay it as the old ones were bad and I put off replacing them until I was stuck in a downpour hours from home.

This time I'm buying in advance and find you can get the high end ones for $10-12 online so I figure I'll go with the high end ones. Just curious if these other brands are as good as the Bosch or not as the Icon's were in a word awesome.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ubelongoutside:
quote:

I think I spent about $20 a blade on the last Bosch Icon set at an O'Reilly or similar. Of course I had to pay it as the old ones were bad and I put off replacing them until I was stuck in a downpour hours from home.

This time I'm buying in advance and find you can get the high end ones for $10-12 online so I figure I'll go with the high end ones. Just curious if these other brands are as good as the Bosch or not as the Icon's were in a word awesome.

I tried the Bosch Icon once. I am not a fan of the single point blades especially for long blades. My van takes a 28” blade and they always seem to lift up on the ends as there is no added pressure in the design just a little bend in the frame that I found heated up and straightened out in summer months.
I found them to be snake oil offering no better wiping or longevity compare to blades half the price.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25674 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted b
Sorry it's Bosch or nothing for me...
I’ll take it a step further - it's Bosch Icon or nothing for me. Replaced Dad’s wipers with a lesser Bosch (only thing Meijer sold) on a rainy road trip and it chattered like a cheap piece of shit.

After the trip, found some Icons and were exceptional until the day he sold it.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23659 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I tried the Bosch Icon once. I am not a fan of the single point blades especially for long blades. My van takes a 28” blade and they always seem to lift up on the ends as there is no added pressure in the design just a little bend in the frame that I found heated up and straightened out in summer months.
I found them to be snake oil offering no better wiping or longevity compare to blades half the price.
Big Grin The whole aerodynamics of your van are thrown off by your wheels so it’s not a good example Big Grin

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23659 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Everyone seems to love Bosch. I have them on my car right now, and I'm not impressed.

Previously I had a set of Goodyear wiper blades (from Costco) when I first put those on, I wasn't impressed (the mounting seemed akward.) But they held up and worked well.

When it was time to replace the Goodyear, I figured it put on Bosch Icons which seemed well liked. I did. Very quickly I noticed the drivers side blade streaking badly. Cleaned it off, but no change. So I figured something abrasive got on the windshielld and scratched the blade. I replaced it. Very shortly the same thing happened again.

I've left them on, but haven really been impressed by them. They're due to be replaced. The replacements won't be Bosch.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Big Grin The whole aerodynamics of your van are thrown off by your wheels so it’s not a good example Big Grin

Well that didn't take long for a jab at the van Big Grin

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
BBMW, what length?

I’ve had on 2 vehicles with longest being 22”. Even made a 4800 mile drive from Texas to Alaska with them on and were problem free.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Rain-X Latitude: https://www.rainx.com/product/...titude/#.Wqk0l2aWyUk
(Not the 2-in-1 version that applies Rain-X automatically.)

Along with Rain-X washer fluid: https://www.rainx.com/product/...-fluid/#.Wqk0p2aWyUk

Tried Bosch Icons, which some people rave about, but wasn't really impressed.

Posts: 33040 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I just replaced OEM Lexus wipers with Bosch Icon, they are not as good as the stock blades. Next pair will be back to OEMs.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3645 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Rain-x ones. But the goodyear (from Costco) I have on their now and they're very good also as well as the Bosch Icon.

The biggest improvement by far is keeping the windshield Rain-x'ed.

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Rain-X Latitude: https://www.rainx.com/product/...titude/#.Wqk0l2aWyUk
(Not the 2-in-1 version that applies Rain-X automatically.)

Along with Rain-X washer fluid: https://www.rainx.com/product/...-fluid/#.Wqk0p2aWyUk

Tried Bosch Icons, which some people rave about, but wasn't really impressed.

Rain X washer fluid has silicone in it, which can interfere with the washer fluid sensor if your car has one.

Posts: 13063 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Bosch Icon for me.

Since it's not available for you, I would go OEM.

Posts: 13291 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
It's been a while since I put them on. But I remember it being a few weeks before they started streaking (both times)

quote:
BBMW, what length?

I’ve had on 2 vehicles with longest being 22”. Even made a 4800 mile drive from Texas to Alaska with them on and were problem free.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I like Bosch Icons too

Posts: 13565 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
It's been a while since I put them on. But I remember it being a few weeks before they started streaking (both times)

quote:
BBMW, what length?

Hmmm... Both of my vehicles have been trucks so the windshield is more vertical than a car which may change performance. Were your vehicles cars or truckds/SUVs?

Another potential factor is that 95% of the tine I use RainX summer or winter windshield solvent. Are you using something different?

Just looked and I stand corrected - longest wiper was 24” so I’ve had 18 x 24 and dual 22s on my two trucks.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Rain-X

Posts: 34541 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Car - VW GTI.

Generic windshield washer fluid.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

quote:
BBMW, what length?

Hmmm... Both of my vehicles have been trucks so the windshield is more vertical than a car which may change performance. Were your vehicles cars or truckds/SUVs?

Another potential factor is that 95% of the tine I use RainX summer or winter windshield solvent. Are you using something different?

Just looked and I stand corrected - longest wiper was 24” so I’ve had 18 x 24 and dual 22s on my two trucks.