SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Which Wiper Blade Do Y'all Like
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Wiper Blade Do Y'all Like Login/Join 
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Bosch Icons here too. They just last longer for me.

Posts: 5201 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
...not sure I've ever actually benefited from the RainX of any version

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I use cheap ones and replace them once or twice per year depending on use. The vehicles that sit outside get them more frequently.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I use Bosh Icon blades on my '06 Pathfinder, '17 Escape, and the kid's '04 Elantra. It lasts a full year and never streaks.
My '14 Chevy work van however, just does not like blades of any type, so I get a Rain-X hybrid wiper from Walmart that is 1/3rd the price of the Bosh Blades.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3384 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine that is into cars waaaaay more than I, as in he rebuilds from frame up, has always told me to just buy the cheapest thing. Spending $30-$35 on a wiper blade and expecting it to perform better/longer than a $12 one is throwing money down the drain, according to him.

And I'm sure, just like the synthetic oil thread, this will have varying opinions... Wink

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
honestly - i have experimented with many different brands and they all suck after a while

i think frequent replacement is more important than higher priced brand names

i have settled on mid-tier and replace ~every 6 months

---------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of level Joe
posted Hide Post
I haven't tried the Bosch Icon blades but have been using the Michelin brand blades and they work great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Conflict is the root of civilization.

Posts: 226 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
As best as my memory still works, I remember, back in the day, the late 60's and 70's, that I NEVER changed wipers, never noticed that they went bad.
Mind altering drugs, maybe, or just more durable blades back then.
I tend to look at blades now as snake oil. None seem to last long.

Posts: 4687 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
I’ve tried the Bosch, I’m switching to the cheapest I can find. The desert heat dries them up so fast, I need three sets a year.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1942 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I will add a pair to my rockauto orders when I get something. Often you can find name brand ones on closeouts for a few bucks. The only problem is when they ship from another warehouse then the added shipping isn't worth it.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16450 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bosch Icon

Posts: 23195 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of weekendshooter
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Bosch or nothing.

Posts: 1181 | Location: Eastern PA now and missing Western PA | Registered: September 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
I prefer PIAA Si-Tech wipers. They last longer than Bosch Icons, and perform just as well, for approximately the same price.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Just put some Bosch Icons on my GTI. Hard to beat.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2281 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
honestly - i have experimented with many different brands and they all suck after a while

i think frequent replacement is more important than higher priced brand names

i have settled on mid-tier and replace ~every 6 months

---------------------------------

I agree. Down here in the South Florida sun. Just about any brand of wiper starts performing less after 6 months. I usually get a year out of wipers before changing them.

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to buy cheap ANCO(?) ones and replace them every year. Until WM changed brands and the replacements suck.

The last couple sets have been Michelin. They perform well and they don't break the bank.

Posts: 10061 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have had a hard time finding aftermarket wiper blades that equal the originals on my 2009 Toyota. In October of 2011 I took a road trip to, among other places, Cape Hatteras, NC. Actual photo:

That was how hard it was raining.

The passenger side blade, I discovered, had the rubber separate from the rest of the blade, dangling with every wipe, but it was still working. But, being a cheapskate and not having a dealer convenient to me (~10 miles out of the way of my usual haunts), I just had to go aftermarket. Michelin- and Bosch-branded blades were very poor, chattering and leaving swaths unwiped. (The Bosch weren't Icons.) Rain-X performed better but only lasted a year before starting to chatter.

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
We are lucky to get blades to last a year here in the desert, no matter how expensive they are.

I went to Auto Zone a couple days ago to buy a set for the old GMC and was astonished to see Bosch blades priced at $36 EACH. The cheapy Brand X ones were nearly $10 each. I asked the kid running the register if he sold many $36 wiper blades, and he said not really. I'll bet they don't.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Motorcraft for the F350 and Honda for the Odyssey.

About ten years ago, I came to the conclusion that OEM blades are the best value. I've used a variety of after market blades and had problems with longevity, chatter, lifting off the windshield at higher speeds, and price. After switching back to OEM frames and inserts, the problems went away. Besides length, after market blades are a one size fits all. They may or may not work on your particular vehicle. Icons were the ones that lifted at speed and they cost 2 to 6 times as much as OEM.

I buy Motorcraft on Amazon and the Honda at the dealer. I always have a spare set in the vehicle.

Posts: 11616 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by weekendshooter:
Agreed. Bosch or nothing.

Mine have lasted 2 years+

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post