SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Which Wiper Blade Do Y'all Like
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Wiper Blade Do Y'all Like Login/Join 
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
The test results on that video don't take into account the aerodynamics of the wipers. There are many that I've used that wanted to fly at higher speeds. Others push harder and clean better at higher speeds. Then again, no e of them will do a good job when your windshield is covered with bug guts.

Posts: 8275 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The Trico one-piece/frameless has worked well for me so far. I like this better because it snows here and there are no joints to get caked and frozen up. I still usually replace at least my driver's side (26-inch, passenger 16) yearly.

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my experience Toyota OEM wiper blades outlast the rest by far.

Cant speak to the other OEM brands, but I just put my first replacement set on my 2014 truck which is exposed to a lot of snow and ice and I probably could have gotten another year out of them.

I would say that the Bosch Icon is second best.

Posts: 327 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I agree. Down here in the South Florida sun. Just about any brand of wiper starts performing less after 6 months. I usually get a year out of wipers before changing them.

^^^^^^
Yep. South Mississippi same deal. I do like to see when I drive in the tropical deluges we get.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rain X Latitude wiper blades, they do a great job, and I usually get about a year out of them if not longer.

Along with Rain X washer fluid and the paint and glass sealant, rain, sleet and snow are no match.

ARman

Posts: 3213 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rain-X, apply 1 coat let dry apply 2nd coat let dry then rinse with water and buff dry applied about every 3 months. I very seldom need to run the wipers!!! Wink

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Bosch icon here as well

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2040 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For really long wipers I like the Napa heavy duty that have metal frames.

For normal vehicles I like the good Rain-x wipers or OEM. It's really hard to go wrong with OEM when it comes to wipers.

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought Bosch Icon for a vehicle last winter based on this thread. Extremely happy. I just bought a pair for the other vehicle and will install in the next few weeks as the rainy season should start soon. OEM wipers are 3 years old this weekend and one side is not fantastic. So replacing both

Posts: 4956 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I had them dang RainX Latitude turds and they squeaked/did the jitterbug since day one, unless it was reallyREALLY wet. After 6 months I fired them.

Yesterday I replaced with the cheapest WalMart Ansco pair (totaled under $9) and they worked without any issue today.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Bosch Icon when I lived in Washington.
Now I don’t use them enough to care.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4322 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post