SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sirius XM users? What are you paying?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sirius XM users? What are you paying? Login/Join 
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
$37 for 6 months w/ taxes/fees included. I play the 'game' every 6 months and threaten to cancel.

Me too! It's the only way to do it. I don't think that I've ever paid more than $80 for a year.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigseller2000
posted Hide Post
just tried the "I want to cancel" option on the web, worked for me. Thanks for the info, went from $21 a month to $6ish!

Posts: 784 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: November 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

I have no 'I want to cancel" option.
Am I doing something wrong?

I hate dealing with them on the phone, but I guess I'm gonna have to suck it up and call them..

I'm not sure why you didnt have the cancel option .I didn't get the download manual option.If you read the screen that says cancel it says give you alternatives. I know its a long shot but could you try another browser? I use Firefox.

I use Edge but tried Chrome and got the cancel option.

Then of course when I select 'Cancel my subscription' I get this.

I've been a paying subscriber to Sirius/XM, since the XM days and O&A first started there in 2004.
Their customer service has always been awful.

Try to call them as I drive to Louisiana today.
I'll have plenty of time to be on hold.... Big Grin

Posts: 4366 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Called them today.
Went thru the automated prompts saying I wanted to cancel.

On hold for 13 minutes, which was less than expected.
I was driving 3 1/2 hours anyway..
A nice man with a thick accent came on the line, very professional and courteous.

Told him I wanted to cancel, he said 'do you mind if I ask why?'.
I told him since Sirius/XM fired Jason Ellis I only need the service for music, which is true.
I went on to say there are much cheaper, and free, options for streaming music.
He asked to put me on hold, came back 15 seconds later and offered pretty much $5 a month for 12 months.

With BS fees I think it adds up to $6.49 a month, which certainly beats $22 a month.
I told him that would be fine and we did the deal.

I set a reminder on my phone to call them back in a year and repeat the deal.
I should have done this a long time ago.
This saved me $186 for the year.

For several years I listen to O&A, only reason I got my first XM receiver.
Used to have to pay extra per month just to get O&A.
That went to shit when they fired Cumia.
Been a fan of his Compound Media network since it's inception.

I listened to Ron and Fez for years as well, and then Bennington, but lost interest in Bennington about a year ago.

Ellis got a bit liberal at times, but I enjoyed his goofy show.
I listened more for Michael Tully than Ellis anyway.
Still don't know why they fired him, I guess to pay Stern for 5 more years.
I've never been a fan of Howard Stern, even more so the new PC version.

So thank you to frayedends for starting this thread and thanks to triggertreat for trying to help me with the online stuff..

Posts: 4366 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you got the job done.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
easy money
posted Hide Post
Hello!

I pay and do exactly what sig 226 does. It’s the only way to fly.

Jim

That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

Posts: 576 | Location: United States | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post