SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Finally, after a 15 month wait, my Corvette is home (Update - Page 3)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally, after a 15 month wait, my Corvette is home (Update - Page 3) Login/Join 
posted

Still waiting on high wing, front splitter and new wheels

This message has been edited. Last edited by: johnw91498,

Glock 19
HK P2000sk
Sig P226
Spikes AR15 Middy
CA94 MP5 clone

Posts: 683 | Registered: May 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Looks quite different from the 1985 and 1990 vettes I previously owned.

Posts: 3734 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Holy moly! That's beautiful.

Posts: 45381 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. When I saw my first on the road, I thought to myself, what the hell is that? it looks like a super car.

I was right, it is a super car.

never been a huge Vette fan, but I think Chevy hit it our of the park with this.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
That is very nice. I've always loved the Corvette. I hope you can update us after you get the new wheels.

Speaking of wheels, what tires are you gonna put on em ? Will they be supercar tires, or just fancier wheels, or both ? Just curious.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8696 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Wow! That’s Sweet! Well done.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She already has "supercar" tires, Michelin Pilot Super Sports. The wheels I'm getting are OEM size, but with an half inch offset.

Glock 19
HK P2000sk
Sig P226
Spikes AR15 Middy
CA94 MP5 clone

Posts: 683 | Registered: May 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Looks like fun. Enjoy!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I think every Corvette is an incredible performance bargain. I think every Corvette looks amazing and this C8 is breathtaking. I think every Corvette is a piece of automotive art and history and I HATE DRIVING EVERY CORVETTE PAST THE C1!!!! Smile

It has to do with the driving / seating position and the sight lines. This is not a fault of the cars per say just how I interface with them. EVERY new generation of Corvette I think WOW, great lines, great performance, true bargain....I gotta drive this one. I get in I drive and I HATE IT.

I do have high hopes for the C8 though since it is the first radical departure in a long time. Also HUGE kudos to GM for radically changing a icon but still keeping that icon’s general aesthetic. The C8 both looks amazing and still looks like a Corvette. I honestly don’t know how they did it.

Drive her in good health and by God drive her “in anger” once in a while. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7686 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful ride, drive it like you stole it, but safely!!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

How does she sound?

Posts: 9160 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Amazing car. Totally stunning. Enjoy in good health!

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5133 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a sharp looking ride. Gotta admit it looks a bit like Racer X's car from Speed Racer. Smile

Posts: 1050 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
An amazing ride. Very nice.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5047 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Interestingly enough, I saw my first 'live' C8 yesterday in a Christmas Parade. IOt was bright blue and sounded great - at 3 mph. When it past me, I looked at my wife and said, "We gotta have one of those." We currently have an S2000.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4234 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I wasn't a huge fan of the C8 when it was initially revealed, but once I saw one in person, I was a believer. Congrats on the new ride, she's a beaut.

Posts: 3521 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Looks great, congratulations!

Posts: 5764 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful car. I am not mature enough for a car like that.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29713 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster: I am not mature enough for a car like that.

You may not be yet, but with the back log, it appears you'll have plenty of time to grow up.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4234 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is really sharp. I usually don't care for red, but whether it is the lighting or just the pictures, that red looks amazing. Is is the factory standard paint?

Also, if you don't mind sharing, I would love to hear how it was configured at the time of purchase, as well as any upgrades you have had performed in addition to the ones you already mentioned.

I like the wheels you currently have in the pictures, so definitely interested to see what you are replacing them with. Hope you post new pictures after your changes.

Is the higher wing a sign of some anticipated track time in the future?

Have fun and stay safe.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah | Registered: June 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post