SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2017 Perv Thread - Reporter says Congress ‘To Be Rocked’ In Next 72 Hours; Over A Dozen Resignations Coming - Chris Mathews up now
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2017 Perv Thread - Reporter says Congress ‘To Be Rocked’ In Next 72 Hours; Over A Dozen Resignations Coming - Chris Mathews up now Login/Join 
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I guess "retiring" is less shameful than resigning.

Oh wait, this guy has no shame.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Better than a dumpster fire.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
I guess "retiring" is less shameful than resigning.

Oh wait, this guy has no shame.

Roll Eyes

"Retire" my speedo wearing butt. Let's not kid ourselves. This man resigned in shame. He can pretend all he wants that he retired, but the fact remains that he left Congress with a cloud of ignominy over his head.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Fanken is done. He won't get reelected. The problem is that given has nothing to lose and has a grudge, he could wreak havoc in the Senate

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37960 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now the hanky panky slush fund needs to be shut down and all monies that were paid out should be paid back to the taxpayers (plus interest) by the offending political creature.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Time to rat-pack on Conyers. If you are not familiar with his wife, Google Monica Conyers. A lot of entertainment there. And today, in the Chicago Tribune, an article about his hand picked successor, Conyers III:http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-john-conyers-son-20171205-story.html

Just continuing the dynasty of public service..........a family legacy

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8104 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Such a shame. Political service to the people cut short, at 88 yrs of age. Roll Eyes

If I miss a car payment, I guess I'll just retire and all will be well.
If I leave the scene of on accident, I guess I'll just retire.
If I lie to the FB fuckers at the I, can I retire?

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Things have gotten very quiet on the Franken front. Seems he will survive this and keep his seat which is fine with me. Dayton would be likely to appoint someone more bat shit crazy than Franken anyhow.
Franken will most likely stay on the down low for awhile not wanting to do anything to attract attention to himself.

It's up to the accusers to keep pushing if they want him out. So far it seems most are happy making the accusations causing a stir for a couple days then moving on. I think Tweeden even said early on she didn't want him to step down.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
One thing is certain, and that's that Franken won't ever again dare to posture publicly using the Leftists' phony "war on women" nonsense. He won't get within 500 yards of any such conversation if he can avoid it, and he damn sure won't ever again strike a self-righteous pose in this respect.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
So many stories from the "news" publishers about which family member is laying claim to Conyers' seat. What the hell...

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
So many stories from the "news" publishers about which family member is laying claim to Conyers' seat. What the hell...
It doesn't matter. It doesn't work that way. Conyers can endorse Ronald Freaking McDonald if he wants. Doesn't matter.

And then, there's this:

Fargin' Caligula

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
It doesn't matter. It doesn't work that way. Conyers can endorse Ronald Freaking McDonald if he wants. Doesn't matter.

Really? this is the best the D's can come up with? and they're railing about Judge Roy Moore? WTF?

John Conyers' Son And Appointed Successor: 'My N***as' Deal Drugs, 'Dad Is A F***ing Player

John Conyers III., the son and appointed successor of John Conyers’ Jr., the disgraced Democratic politician who announced his resignation on Tuesday, is a former attempted rapper who bragged that his friends are drug dealers and his dad “is a f***ing player.”

The son’s brief rap career included lyrical gems such as “My n***as turn grams into grands” and “Ay f**k making a living bro, I’m trying to make history/So picture me letting the news nit-pick at me.”

The aspiring artist also rapped about some of the challenges he’s had to live through, such as when his mother, former Detroit councilwoman Monica Conyers, was sentenced to three years in jail for taking bribes, or when Conyers Jr. had to repay the U.S. Treasury for Conyers III’s misuse of a taxpayer-funded Cadillac Escalade.

Most of Conyers III’s brief rap career appears to have taken place between 2012 and 2013. Conyers III raised eyebrows in 2010 when he described his father, who is now accused of being a sexual predator, as a “f***ing player” on Twitter.

“My dad is a f***ing player and reckless as hell! He just got at this doods wife super low-key,” the congressman’s son tweeted.

Conyers Jr. is expected to be replaced either by his son, Conyers III., or by his great-nephew, state Sen. Ian Conyers, who announced he will run for the open seat.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12...a-fing-player-video/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah, I woudn't be so sure that Franken's career is going to survive these claims.

Yet another one today:

Best thing I've read all day! Smile

And it keeps getting better:
In statements Wednesday, four of Franken's female Democratic colleagues — Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, Mazie Hirono of Hawaii, Claire McCaskill of Missouri and Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire — pushed for him to step down.

ETA: Apparently up to six Senators calling on him to resign.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
now six. The dam seems to be bursting. Probably D's cleaning their own house of known offenders, so they can start their days of rage about Roy Moore.

NBC News

@NBCNews
BREAKING: 6 Democratic senators have called on Sen. Franken to step aside:

• Sen. Gillibrand
• Sen. Hirono
• Sen. McCaskill
• Sen. Hassan
• Sen. Harris
• Sen. Murray
11:50 AM - Dec 6, 2017

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
That's OK. How many times have the Reps done the right thing only to have the Dems spit in their faces? We'll take Franken going down and still seat Moore.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Now 11 Dem Senators and Dem Party Chair Tom Perez calling for Franken's resignation....The Dam certainly does appear to be bursting! Razz

Breaking News - Senator Franken has apparently scheduled an 'Announcement' for tomorrow!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
WooHoo!

Hakuna Matata, Bitchezzz...

posted Hide Post
If he does resign, let's hope Dayton goes full retard (he doesn't have far to go) and appoints Ellison to fill the seat. He may do OK in the metro area but would most likely get trounced outstate and in the suburbs.

Posts: 8957 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Where's the "Well, bye!" dude? Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post