SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2017 Perv Thread - Reporter says Congress ‘To Be Rocked’ In Next 72 Hours; Over A Dozen Resignations Coming - Chris Mathews up now
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2017 Perv Thread - Reporter says Congress ‘To Be Rocked’ In Next 72 Hours; Over A Dozen Resignations Coming - Chris Mathews up now Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Yeah right...the newest from Al...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
There's also the fact that he paid off these women with a "slush" fund that was meant to be kept secret. And the money used was from taxpayer money I believe.

He paid her three months' salary from the budget he was given to pay salaries for his congressional staff. $27,000 for what was expressly a 'no show' job. I can see how a congressman would expect to enjoy some flexibility in deciding how to staff an office if given a fixed budget, but yeah, that's using taxpayer money as a slush fund.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...-due-process-n823991

Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., stepped down as the ranking Democratic member of the House Judiciary Committee on Sunday, following sexual harassment accusations.

The 27-term congressman said he denied the allegations, but was stepping down because of the ongoing House Ethics Committee investigation.

"I deny these allegations, many of which were raised by documents reportedly paid for by a partisan alt-right blogger. I very much look forward to vindicating myself and my family before the House Committee on Ethics," Conyers said in a statement.

Earlier in the day, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi urged “due process” before making conclusions about Rep. Conyers, saying the congressman is “an icon” who has worked to protect women.

everybody always "looks forward to vindicating themselves". sure they do

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
"Due process" huh Nancy? Does that apply to Roy Moore also? Didn't think so.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Translation: "You know how John Conyers bogged down investigation after investigation by the Judiciary Committee with irrelevant trivia, grandstanding, selective obstructionism and demands for expansion of investigations in every possible direction so that every one of those investigations was rendered utterly incoherent and came to nothing? Well, that's due process, and that's what we want to be able to do for John Conyers."

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Like the other poster said, they better not dare to refuse to seat Moore if he wins so long as these two scumbag dems hold their seats.

posted Hide Post
What if Conyers decides to retire to (cough, cough) spend more time with his family. Is there any chance a Repub can take the slot in the the next election?

Posts: 15908 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi urged “due process” before making conclusions

Maybe ol' nasty should try following her own advice?!?!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
What if Conyers decides to retire to (cough, cough) spend more time with his family. Is there any chance a Repub can take the slot in the the next election?

Zero chance. His closest election he won 'only' 77% of the vote. It's solid blue with no chance of flipping.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, insofar as seniority is a big deal in the House, Conyers' district will lose that. I'm not sure if whoever'll be the next senior Dem after Conyers will be any better, though.

Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Who ever replaces Conyers in any capacity will be that pervs hand picked choice. This IS Michigan, after all. Anyone who plays to the most populous part of the state has a lifetime “poh-zishun”.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Franken would be replaced by another liberal (at least until the next election), and whomever is elected to Conyers seat would also be liberal.....BUT, their being forced out would be at least a little semblance of accountability in government. Something we are currently sorely lacking.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.clickondetroit.com...al-harassment-claims

Sources: Rep. John Conyers won't seek re-election in wake of sexual harassment claims

Two sources close to the Conyers situation told Local 4's Rod Meloni that the congressman won't resign. It's his intent to announce in January that he won't run for re-election in 2018.

The Michigan Democratic Party has not yet responded to a request for comment about the sources' information that Conyers won't run again. The situation could change depending on the pressure brought to bear in Washington.

at this morning's House Democratic caucus: James Clyburn compared Conyers' accusers to the child murderer Susan Smith, who initially claimed a black man had abducted her kids. Clyburn said, these are all white women who've made these charges against Conyers.

https://hotair.com/archives/20...-retirement-january/

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
A 5th Woman comes forward accusing Senator Al Franken of groping her while she served overseas.

VOICES of Conservative Women
MN
NOV 30, 2017 — Speechless!

A 5th woman comes forward accusing Senator Al Franken of sexually assaulting her while she was serving overseas.

Senator Franken allegedly has a patter of conduct of humiliating women and he must resign. How many more stories of women must we hear before Senator Franken restores the dignity of the office and resigns?
-----------

""When he put his arm around me, he groped my right breast. He kept his hand all the way over on my breast," Kemplin said in an interview. "I've never had a man put their arm around me and then cup my breast. So he was holding my breast on the side."

https://www.change.org/p/12775...99&mid=7259882&jb=18

This message has been edited. Last edited by: downtownv,

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
A 5th Woman comes forward accusing Senator Al Franken of groping her while she served overseas.

MN

A 5th woman comes forward accusing Senator Al Franken of sexually assaulting her while she was serving overseas.

Senator Franken allegedly has a patter of conduct of humiliating women and he must resign. How many more stories of women must we hear before Senator Franken restores the dignity of the office and resigns?
-----------

""When he put his arm around me, he groped my right breast. He kept his hand all the way over on my breast," Kemplin said in an interview. "I've never had a man put their arm around me and then cup my breast. So he was holding my breast on the side.""

Link please.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Conyers is going to go the 'medical issues' route.

Rep. John Conyers hospitalized in Detroit area

- John Adams

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:

MN

-----------

""When he put his arm around me, he groped my right breast. He kept his hand all the way over on my breast," Kemplin said in an interview. "I've never had a man put their arm around me and then cup my breast. So he was holding my breast on the side.""

Link please.
Army veteran says Franken groped her during USO tour in 2003

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Conyers is going to go the 'medical issues' route.

Rep. John Conyers hospitalized in Detroit area

Hope he croaks. Is that wrong?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
Hope he croaks. Is that wrong?

Nope. I feel no sympathy when an enemy of this country expires.