SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2017 Perv Thread - Reporter says Congress ‘To Be Rocked’ In Next 72 Hours; Over A Dozen Resignations Coming - Chris Mathews up now
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2017 Perv Thread - Reporter says Congress ‘To Be Rocked’ In Next 72 Hours; Over A Dozen Resignations Coming - Chris Mathews up now Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
But he defended his post in an interview with Cleveland.com, while also defending Franken and Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore, who is facing claims of sexual misconduct from multiple women.

It seems the battle lines are being drawn - across party lines. Do we dare hope the Dems are headed for their own little civil war?

The donkeys do seem to all be in a dither. Now Kirsten Gillibrand, who succeeded to Hill's seat in the Senate, is saying that Bill Clinton should've resigned over the Monica Lewinsky thing. She immediately tried to turn the conversation to Trump, but the comment (per Politico) "allowed Gillibrand to act as the tip of the spear on a position that many Democrats suspect will slowly become more popular in the party", and is apparently giving the Clintonista camp the fan-todds.

http://www.politico.com/story/...ton-democrats-247427

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
“We’re having a serious national conversation about rape culture and sexual harassment, and it’s crucial for men to take time to listen to women and consider their experiences and insights,” Ohio Democratic Party spokeswoman Kirstin Alvanitakis told Fox News.

Cool name. I googled it. This was one of the top hits:
http://rebelpundit.com/landrie...s-when-she-sees-him/

This is what she looked like the last time she spoke out against a man... who then showed up and informed her that he was suing her.

Posts: 17132 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
And the fun just keeps coming.

One Dem candidate for Governor in Minnesota, the lady who's basically the head of the DNC in Minnesota and at least one columnist for the New York Times are calling for Franken to resign.

US Senator Patty Murray, from Washington state, said "I am glad Al came out and apologized, but that doesn't reverse what he's done or end the matter (emphasis added - IC).

A "group of former Sanders campaign staffers and other prominent leftists" have launched a petition to get Franken to resign and have him replaced by Keith Ellison, a deputy chair of the DNC and all-around dyed-in-the-wool commie.

http://www.washingtontimes.com...franken-keith-ellis/

I'm starting to think Franken thought his job was on the line from the get-go and that that's why he reacted so quickly and whole-heartedly.

Maybe that's not enough. As the headline in the article linked to above concludes: "Support For Resignation Builds".

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
On a completely not giggling note, how would MN select another senator? Appointment by the govenor I assume?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
On a completely not giggling note, how would MN select another senator? Appointment by the govenor I assume?

Like Alabama, the MN gov (a D) appoints someone for about a year until a special election or maybe the next regular election.

Another Dem would not change the balance of power, but dumping Big Al would let the Dems play the "See how righteous we are?" card and then demand impeachment of Trump.

Posts: 15908 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Oh, they'll call for the impeachment of Trump from now until he leaves office, no matter what.

IMHO, if Franken resigns then that will simply feed the fire. Never forget the opportunists on the other side. When they see a crisis, especially one like this that tends to put everything in flux, their first instinct is to take the opportunity. Whether or not this crisis can be used to go after Trump, it can certainly be used to 'purify' the Democratic Party - which means that those who consider themselves among the pure will see this as an opportunity to gain power within the Democratic Party.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but this really looks like an intently focused circular firing squad to me.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
As long as Hill Dawg runs again in 2020 I don't care what they do. And she will try, it's in her nature.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Whatever became of all those women who were making claims against Trump last summer, after the video came out. Jeepers, there must have been a dozen or more. Where’d they go?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

...but this really looks like an intently focused circular firing squad to me.

The Republicans seem to do that much more often then the Dems. I hope you're right, but the Dems have always marched in lock step to the drumbeat of Herr Schumer and Queen Pelosi.

Posts: 15908 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh all the cheese weiners in Congress, Franklin was a sure bet to have to some day register as a sex offender.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope you're right, but the Dems have always marched in lock step to the drumbeat of Herr Schumer and Queen Pelosi.

Have you noticed both of them have, by and large, been conspicuously silent? I think they're lying low because the factions are running wild.

Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Even thought I'm not that screwballs' constituent, I wrote to him telling him to resign and get out. And mentioned we have enough pervs in Washington. Here is his response in full. What a phony, arrogant azzhole he has always been. This POS has lectured and been self righteous and condescending from day one. I never could stand him. Now I just want him to slink the hell out of the public eye, and rot some where.

Office of Sen. Al Franken

Thank you for submitting your message to my U.S. Senate office. Each week, several thousand Minnesotans send me their thoughts and suggestions on legislation and important issues facing our nation. This impressive volume is a testament to the Minnesotan traditions of grassroots activism and civic participation that distinguish our state. I closely track the concerns that are expressed in your letters and emails, and will answer them as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Signature

Al Franken
United States Senator

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Senator Frankenfurter-obsessed with his furter.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
but with fewer guillotines.

Little bitty guillotines would be appropriate, however.

My wife thinks--and I agree--that (1) Franken is a totally disgusting, reprehensible snake; (2) LeeAnn Tweeden's (PBUH) story amounts to a big zero given show biz, her biz, and especially the photo which may or may not show her touching her--"flak jacket"--and deliberately having it photographed as a prank. C'mon. Harvey, Bill, or Carlos Danger this is not.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:

My wife thinks--and I agree--that (1) Franken is a totally disgusting, reprehensible snake; (2) LeeAnn Tweeden's (PBUH) story amounts to a big zero given show biz, her biz, and especially the photo which may or may not show her touching her--"flak jacket"--and deliberately having it photographed as a prank. C'mon. Harvey, Bill, or Carlos Danger this is not.

Maybe. Maybe not. But still, Fuck Al Franken.

The left loves to leap on this shit when it advances their cause and minimize it when it doesn't. Sure, help them minimize this and accept their double standards. What is good for the goose is too good for the gander? We can't hoist them upon their own petards? Nonsense. We can and we should.

What do you think would be the fallout of that same picture, but with Trump instead of Franken?

Yep.

Beuller?

Posts: 17132 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
As long as Hill Dawg runs again in 2020 I don't care what they do. And she will try, it's in her nature.

And then she will run again in 2024. And in 2028. Unless someone ultimately drives a stake through her heart and buries her upside down, she will just keep running forever. Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:

I admit up front that I don’t have a great deal of experience at this to have the certitude that others seem to have, but I wonder what kind of a grope one expects when the victim is wearing a flak jacket and flight suit.

She might actually have been asleep and he and his brother the photographer are posing, a silly, immature faux “feel.”

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Ah, but you see, the sin lies in the intent. He's being hung out to dry more for the look on his face in that picture than for whatever he did or did not have in his hands. Couple that with the story Tweeden told that this was him getting the last laugh for her having rejected what seems like an awfully clumsy pass (at best), and Al's succeeded in grossly creeping out every chick in the room. Basically the guy displayed both a casual willingness to engage in sexually abusive behavior and a tendency to get physically angry if a woman doesn't put up with it.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:

And then she will run again in 2024. And in 2028. Unless someone ultimately drives a stake through her heart and buries her upside down, she will just keep running forever. Big Grin

that deserves a ROFLCOPTER

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Ah, but you see, the sin lies in the intent. He's being hung out to dry more for the look on his face in that picture than for whatever he did or did not have in his hands. Couple that with the story Tweeden told that this was him getting the last laugh for her having rejected what seems like an awfully clumsy pass (at best), and Al's succeeded in grossly creeping out every chick in the room. Basically the guy displayed both a casual willingness to engage in sexually abusive behavior and a tendency to get physically angry if a woman doesn't put up with it.