SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Fight for the Soul of Seattle (Seattle is Dying Pt. II)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Fight for the Soul of Seattle (Seattle is Dying Pt. II) Login/Join 
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted
This is the follow up to the excellent 'Seattle is Dying' by Komo news about a year ago.

I'm about half way thru...it is equally as good, and equally as disturbing. It's a blueprint for failure...any yet the same people destroying Seattle and many WA liberals seem to miraculously keep getting elected (WA. uses mail-in ballots, has for years, go figure).

A ringside seat to the devastation of a once great city...should be mandatory study material/viewing for every high school student in the state.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WijoL3Hy_Bw

Embrace the serfdom.

$.02 worth
Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1500056774

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38726 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
I was born in Virginia Mason Hospital in 1951, and raised just a mile or two from there. Downtown Seattle was my world, my love, and my home.

It makes me cry when I see what my once great city has become.

aileron

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
I have watched "Seattle is Dying". Watched "The Fight For the Soul" until 42 minutes.

Infuriating. The dipshits creating policy in Seattle have lost their minds.

I spent a weekend in Seattle in the fall, 2008. Not bad, but on the waterfront it was a bit sketchy.
Had a homeless/drug addicted lite feel to it.

Watched this. Holy hell. Absolutely a shit show.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Interesting and terrible at the same time. I worry for my kids and grand kids.

And do they have to have that horrible droning background sound effect. I could call them on non-accommodating for us hearing impaired.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6326 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
It's hard to have sympathy. It really is. They voted for the nightmare politicians that created that mess. And when they leave because they can't tolerate what their voting has created, they'll vote that way again wherever they go. Progressivism is a malignancy that metastasizes.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
This is the same in Olympia, the capital city. That is where I used to live, for nearly 20 years. That is why I left. It’s really sad too. When I moved there it was a pretty great place.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
That is one of the most disturbing reports I have ever seen. It reminds me of downtown Johannesburg South Africa where no one is safe...

The city council members need to be permanently removed.....

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6335 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
They will only be removed by force, the crazies got voted back in by a good majority. Not enough good Americans left.

Posts: 9981 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
This is the reality these people voted for. They might be crying now, but they have no one to blame but themselves. They let the genie out of the bottle a long time ago based on misguided “human compassion” so they could feel progressive at their wine and cheese parties at ski lodges, and NOW they want someone to do something about it.

Don’t think for a second that they won’t take their bullshit politics anywhere they move. They’ll carry their poisonous “this time it will be different” attitude wherever they go. This is the DemocRATS Amerika and they defend it with every vote against conservatism. They might complain but they’ll quietly vote for an Obama, Biden, or Cameltoe Hoe Harris because it’s what they do.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15632 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We left in 2004, it was bad enough then, a complete shit hole now.

Posts: 59 | Registered: April 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We see lots and lots of Washington and Oregon plates in NW Montana - Scary.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4241 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
God willing you’ll see mine soon.

Posts: 9981 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:

Indeed, because many of them will continue to vote straight Lib, and in 10-20 years it'll be 'Billings is Dying'...

$.02 worth,
Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched the video in its entirety. But every time a Seattle city council member was featured, my IQ dropped 50 points. Absolute continuing stupidity.
And as someone else said, those who brought this about were voted into office.
Seattle, reap what you sow!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16132 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like others have said, it starts at the ballot box... As long as the people continue to put ineffective, horrible leaders in positions of authority in their government, this is the fruit. It's sad that everyone suffers under these people.

https://winred.com/ <<--Support the cause.

Posts: 171 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: July 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'Civilization suicide' That's a good one.
'A sloppy revolution without a blueprint' That just about sums up all the civil unrest we've seen in 2020, ham-fisted and, poorly articulated.

The people advocating decriminalization of minor crimes has perverted the Western ethos of live and let live. Their concern and compassion is overly accommodating with endless excuses making and contextualizing for those who commit the crimes, while simultaneously fixating and castigating the police, the very govt representatives who respond to criminality and mischief.

Good to see Tom Wolf in SF featured (18:00), he's one of the few bright spots who understands the situation and one whom a significant segment of political leaders don't want to listen to.

Posts: 14699 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lineman101:
Like others have said, it starts at the ballot box... As long as the people continue to put ineffective, horrible leaders in positions of authority in their government, this is the fruit. It's sad that everyone suffers under these people.

That's the thing - WA has had 100% mail in ballots for decades - and no one from the GOP has won a major candidacy since. I think people have been voting against this craziness - to no avail... The "fix" has been in in WA for a long time.

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3931 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
That's the thing - WA has had 100% mail in ballots for decades - and no one from the GOP has won a major candidacy since. I think people have been voting against this craziness - to no avail... The "fix" has been in in WA for a long time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik...bernatorial_election

Free of fraud, don’t ya know.

Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:

The same with Boise, Idaho! The serious crime rate is escalating and accommodations are increasing for the drug culture participants under the guise of 'for the children's'. Predators follow the 'food'!

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post