SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Fight for the Soul of Seattle (Seattle is Dying Pt. II)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Fight for the Soul of Seattle (Seattle is Dying Pt. II) Login/Join 
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure if pot legalization was more of a symptom, or cause of the downfall. Seattle took a hard time around then, and I saw first hand dopers and tweakers high as a kite heading walking/biking/hitching to Seattle. If you live in an area that hasn’t legalized drugs, fight hard to keep them illegal.

Posts: 9981 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
I’m not sure if pot legalization was more of a symptom, or cause of the downfall. Seattle took a hard time around then, and I saw first hand dopers and tweakers high as a kite heading walking/biking/hitching to Seattle. If you live in an area that hasn’t legalized drugs, fight hard to keep them illegal.

It's one thing to legalize weed, it's another thing entirely to minimize, overlook or, outright not prosecute harder, addictive drugs which is what we're seeing.
Political leaders, civic managers and a good chunk of the criminal justice system, have bought into this mis-guided idea that compassion means overlooking, minimizing and contextualizing an individual's criminal actions if they're drug addicted or homeless. If you're a anti-social, irresponsible person, Seattle is a paradise, you will not be put away because you know there is an infrastructure in place which will allow you to continue what you've been doing.

Posts: 14697 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
I didn't see the whole video. I think I read that Seattle prosecutors are now considering "poverty" as an adequate defense for misdemeanor crimes. I wonder how that will work out. Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I can’t escape the conclusion that voters want more Seattles

Posts: 13304 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
Substitute Minneapolis for Seattle - It's going that way with our City Council Muppets. Nothing but woke psychobabble noise, signifying nothing but taxes and more trouble for the City of Lakes.

Posts: 494 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
This video reminded me of the 'old Detroit' of the Robocop movie. Sincerely, I'm not meaning to be flip or funny about this at all. I remember watching that movie at about 25 yrs old and thinking how unlikely and unrealistic the dystopian city they depicted was. It just didn't seem possible that so many total douche bags could get re-elected time after time while such a descent was underway.

Wow was I wrong.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I think I'm with George on this one.

"I always hope it gets worse. Don't you? Don't you? Don't you have a part of you, a part of you that secretly hopes everything gets worse?" - George Carlin

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
The story seems to be this: Stupid assfucks turn a nice city to shit by supporting lefty policies. Once city is a shithole then elect even crazier leftist’s to positions of power to make matters worse.

Then, Mobile and well heeled leftists leave blighted city when the ick of it touches them in some unseemly way. Same mobile leftists are too pigheaded or too incapable of reflection to see their own fault in their former city going to shit and now vote for the same goddamn shit that ruined their old city in their new locale.

No cure available.

Posts: 3162 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Maybe not so fabulous after all
posted Hide Post
Part of the deal in Seattle is that some of the city council members lead by bitch face Sawant are actively attempting to make the issues in the city worse so they can blame and discredit capitalism.

I'd also take the opportunity to point and laugh at Seattle except that this shit is coming to the entire country and even though I work from home full time, I still have to go into Seattle from time to time. At least I can go armed, although who knows how long that will last.

Posts: 127 | Registered: August 31, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I think America has hit it's peak. Our corrupt and liberal ways are going to act like a slow cancer and destroy the greatest ever seen on the face of the earth. Our real problem that breeds what we're seeing?? We have turned our backs on God. He will not be mocked or ignored.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:

Oregon: "Hold my beer legal meth"

Anyone who thinks pot isn't a gateway drug is wrong. It certainly was a gateway drug for the Oregon Revised Statutes.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10941 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Just curious, how many once nice cities are starting to become ratholes due to liberal policies? Seems Seattle, Portland San Francisco, NYC, Minneapolis. Seems places like Detroit and Baltimore have long been ratholes. I imagine there are a number of cities that could be added to the list, and that number will be growing in the next four years.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
You can add Richmond, VA to that list Frown

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15490 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Who is John Gault?
If you know the answer to that one, you know the answer.
Yes, it was way too long, but so much truth.

Posts: 9555 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
Just curious, how many once nice cities are starting to become ratholes due to liberal policies? Seems Seattle, Portland San Francisco, NYC, Minneapolis. Seems places like Detroit and Baltimore have long been ratholes. I imagine there are a number of cities that could be added to the list, and that number will be growing in the next four years.

Up until this year, I travelled extensively for work to just about every major city in the USA and to some extent in the world.

I always looked at Vancouver BC as being a shithole, but it seems nice compared to what I see in most of the US cities. Even much of downtown San Diego has become a shithole. Same with Anaheim. Dallas has always had south Dallas, but more of Dallas is infected now. Sad to say that Honolulu is a shithole with homeless making camps all over the nice beach areas. I find most of the foreign cities are much nicer than many of the US cities now. Heck, I'll take Tokyo over most American cities and Singapore is still a dream. Here is a real shocker: I felt safer in Mexico City than I did last time I was in San Francisco, and guess which city felt cleaner.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10941 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Wow. Couldn't finish. Two strong feelings:

1) they chose this path; Don't let any of them move to contaminate other areas. let them burn completely and then good people can move in and clean up.

2) conservatives forcibly take back the government, civil services, law enforcement. Force the transition back to sanity.

City council, DA, etc needs to forcibly evicted. Good people should attack them. This really is war.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12761 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of keltoi
posted Hide Post
Also take a look on You Tube“Denver in Decay”. Downtown Denver has become a very dangerous place.

Posts: 630 | Location:  | Registered: December 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
You can add Richmond, VA to that list Frown

Smaller city, but Roanoke too, perhaps ? Roanoke doesn't have the activism as Richmond , but the governing body is liberal.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boss1:
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
We see lots and lots of Washington and Oregon plates in NW Montana - Scary.

Indeed, because many of them will continue to vote straight Lib, and in 10-20 years it'll be 'Billings is Dying'...

$.02 worth,
Boss
Exactly. Colorado, New Mexico, MT, and soon AZ. Cancer spreads.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3227 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm dumbfounded by the arrogance and stupidity of the City Council.

Why are the citizens marching in the street to hang these yahoos? Why haven't campaign donors balked and withdrawn support for these nut jobs?

P229

Posts: 3847 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post