SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cook Co. idiot commissioner calls for UN "peacekeepers" to fight "quiet genocide" of gun violence in Chicago.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cook Co. idiot commissioner calls for UN "peacekeepers" to fight "quiet genocide" of gun violence in Chicago. Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Roll Eyes

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/20...ations-gun-violence/

Commissioner Suggests U.N. Send Troops To Fight ‘Quiet Genocide’ Of Gun Violence In Chicago

CHICAGO (CBS) — Some politicians in the past have recommended deploying the National Guard to help Chicago quell gun violence, but Cook County Commissioner Richard Boykin went even further on Thursday, suggesting the United Nations perhaps send in peacekeepers in the face of what he called a “quiet genocide.”

Boykin was traveling to New York to meet with Oscar Fernandez-Taranco of Argentina, the U.N. Assistant Secretary-General for Peacekeeping Support, to seek international help with “horrific levels of shootings” and other violent crime in West Side and South Side communities.

“I’m hoping to appeal to the U.N. to actually come to Chicago and meet with victims of violence, and maybe even possibly help out in terms of peacekeeping efforts, because I think it’s so critical for us to make sure that these neighborhoods are safe,” Boykin said at O’Hare International Airport on Thursday.

Boykin said leaders in Chicago and Cook County have failed to protect many communities from violent crime.

“There is a quiet genocide taking place in too many of our communities. Eighty percent of those who are being killed by gun violence are African American, and often killed at the hands of another African American,” he said. “So we must protect these population groups, and that’s what the United Nations does. They’re a peacekeeping force. They know all about keeping the peace, and so we’re hopeful that they’ll hear our appeal.”

Boykin said Chicago must “utilize every avenue” available to protect its people from gun violence, possibly including U.N. peacekeepers.

“They’ve been able to help in places like Africa and abroad, where they’ve sent troops in and sent forces in to help protect minority and vulnerable populations, and so quite frankly I think the same can be said for here in Chicago,” Boykin said. “I’m talking about physical security. I’m also talking about maybe suggestions for what we can do in Chicago to help protect our minority populations. We’re being, again, decimated by the violence that we see here in Chicago. I mean this is really a genocide, and we have to do something to stop it.”

Recent figures from the Chicago Police Department showed homicides and shootings were down through the end of November, compared to the same time last year, but it’s not enough for Boykin.

“I know that the mayor may tout the fact that the number of people being shot is down, and the number of people being killed is down, but let me tell you, we’ve had over 600 people killed by gun violence already this year alone. That is a huge number,” Boykin said.

Through the end of November, Chicago has had at least 620 homicides. While down significantly from last year, when there were more than 720 homicides through November, that’s still a significant increase from most of the past 15 years.

“In my community of Austin, we’ve had 450 people shot, and 80 people killed this year alone, and so we have to do more to protect these communities, and that’s what we’re going to do. If we can’t get it done here with the leaders of the city, the state, and the county working together to utilize their budgets to help protect these communities, then I have to appeal to a higher authority, and a higher force,” Boykin said.

The meeting at the U.N. has been in the works for more than a month.

“Quite frankly, we can’t wait until the mayor comes up with another 1,000 police to try to make the streets safer. Quite frankly, the people want to be safe right now in their homes and their neighborhoods, and we want to make sure that they’re safe,” Boykin said.

Boykin will return from his meeting in New York on Thursday night.

Q

Posts: 26692 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I hope someone comes up with something there.

Posts: 7509 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Maybe, just maybe, taking the gloves off the police and letting them do what needs to be done might solve the problem(s). But that would involve locking up a disproportionate number of black folks, and that just wouldn't work with liberal ideology. Roll Eyes

Talk about the ultimate in "please someone else come and solve my problems for me" mentality. What a total coward.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't UN "Peacekeepers" just molest the children of Chicago? I thought that's what they were best at.

Posts: 17180 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And in more Chicago news, disgraced former PC Garry McCarthy is exploring running for Mayor against Rahm.

When McCarthy used to speak on local news programs, you could feel intelligence being sucked away from the entire planet. He really is that stupid!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9211 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We'll you can give him partial credit. At least he understands that the government in Chicago is the problem & needs an outside solution.

Posts: 3308 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
It's quiet? Did they get ahold of silencers???

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17365 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Boykin was traveling to New York to meet with Oscar Fernandez-Taranco of Argentina, the U.N. Assistant Secretary-General for Peacekeeping Support, to seek international help

amazing solutions: SFO strives to keep fed.leos from performing job via 'sanctuary city' tricks, while ORD ignores fed.leo role seeking UN involvement.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9857 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:
We'll you can give him partial credit. At least he understands that the government in Chicago is the problem & needs an outside solution.

No, to all these corrupt assholes, the only problem is the guns, and nothing else. As stated above, they are fucking cowards and want someone else, anyone but themselves, to clean up their mess.

Q

Posts: 26692 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure that adding the blue-beret rapists to the mix is desirable.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2082 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
And in more Chicago news, disgraced former PC Garry McCarthy is exploring running for Mayor against Rahm.

When McCarthy used to speak on local news programs, you could feel intelligence being sucked away from the entire planet. He really is that stupid!

Why was he disgraced? Because Rahm fired him? I'd wear that as a badge of honor. I'd also take him over any Superintendent that served since Phil Cline.

Posts: 5755 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

“They’ve been able to help in places like Africa and abroad, where they’ve sent troops in and sent forces in to help protect minority and vulnerable populations...

LMFAO!!! Big Grin

Posts: 14752 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Let's see, foreign troops with English as a second language. Untrained in American culture. Untrained in American laws and no culture of Constitutional rights. Wait until the first unarmed minority gets blown to pieces with automatic fire.

"Inevitably, given the UN’s desire not to step on anyone’s toes, internal UN reform efforts to date have done little to stop sexual abuse by peacekeepers. A UN Office of International Oversight Services report from May 2015 recorded 480 allegations of abuse between 2008 and 2013. (Given the underreporting of such crimes, the number of victims is likely far higher). While no UN mission was immune, the report singled out as egregious four missions in Haiti, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Liberia, and Sudan/South Sudan. Moreover, the report suggested a disturbing trend: in 36 percent of cases, the alleged victims were minors."

https://www.cfr.org/blog/sexua...ers-time-real-action

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6061 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
“There is a quiet genocide taking place in too many of our communities. Eighty percent of those who are being killed by gun violence are African American, and often killed at the hands of another African American,” he said.

He doesn't know it, but he is acknowledging the truth in the bolded part.
quote:
“So we must protect these population groups, and that’s what the United Nations does. They’re a peacekeeping force. They know all about keeping the peace, and so we’re hopeful that they’ll hear our appeal.”

Oh, yeah, they've done a bang-up job of that. Roll Eyes

Posts: 28089 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:

Why was he disgraced? Because Rahm fired him? I'd wear that as a badge of honor. I'd also take him over any Superintendent that served since Phil Cline.

I based it on what I thought was the general opinion of the rank and file including accusations of spousal abuse, and if I'm wrong about that, tell me and I'll delete that part of my comment. You're the guys who dealt with him and I'll respect that.

My slam on his intelligence is based on observing him over the years in his televised interviews and speeches, and I'll stick by that.

His firing was because Rahm needed a sacrificial lamb over the Laquan MacDonald case, wasn't it? I don't hold that against him, just more dirty politics on Rahm's part.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9211 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

Talk about the ultimate in "please someone else come and solve my problems for me" mentality. What a total coward.

Truer words have never been spoken, sir!

"Oh somebody [else] do something!"

I say bring in the UN! They did a bang-up job of stopping the genocide in Rwanda, they'll probably shit the bed here too.

12131-
The problem here is NOT the guns. Hell, I'll bet that your area probably has way more guns there than we do here. BUT... why do you have way less killing? (well, outside of deer & hog)

The problem here is the PEOPLE.
ZERO recourse for bad deeds. I've locked up people for shootings & homicides that were out on parole or probation for shootings and homicides. You get 7 years State time, you're out in 2-3 years. Hey, kidnap and beat a mentally handicap person here in Chicago and live feed it on the internet? DING-DING-DING "Tell them what they won, Don!" You get PROBATION, 200 hours of community service and told to "stay off the internet". [crowd cheers]

Beginning of this month, we had a CPD Officer shot in the hand and in the vest (He's OK, and expected to make a full recovery), the shit-bird that shot him? Do the math:
-Anthony Woodridge, 25 years old
-arrested 25 times as an adult (18yo)
-convicted of 4 felonies
-sentenced to 5 years in Ill Dept of Corrections in JUNE 2016.
If my math is right, 18 months.

And there's honestly THOUSANDS of stories just the same.
Serial rapist out on electronic monitoring, and on, and on, and on...

Then there's the "Where's my FREE SHIT" people
There's the people that give them the "free shit" that people like you and I worked for
There's the "Police are the problem" / "Police are too mean" / "Police are racists" crowd
There's the "It's not my fault, it's someone else" crowd
There's the corruption
There's the people that actually accept corruption as a form of government
There's the people that can't solve their own problems because they have been conditioned over generations, thinking that everyone else will fix their shit, and if they don't, or not in the way they like it, they scream "racism"
There's the bleeding heart liberals that actually believe this bullshit and toss money at the problem
There's the politicians that pander to them for votes
There's the cronyism and nepotism that go hand-in-hand with Chicago Politics that just in-breeds more dysfunction, incompetence and corruption
There's the kids having kids and not being / knowing how to be raised right, then getting rewarded for having more kids. (I know more than a few grandmothers that aren't 40 yet.)
There's all of that and then some...

But what there AIN'T, is a problem with the guns.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8379 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
Let's see, foreign troops with English as a second language. Untrained in American culture. Untrained in American laws and no culture of Constitutional rights. Wait until the first unarmed minority gets blown to pieces with automatic fire.

"Inevitably, given the UN’s desire not to step on anyone’s toes, internal UN reform efforts to date have done little to stop sexual abuse by peacekeepers. A UN Office of International Oversight Services report from May 2015 recorded 480 allegations of abuse between 2008 and 2013. (Given the underreporting of such crimes, the number of victims is likely far higher). While no UN mission was immune, the report singled out as egregious four missions in Haiti, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Liberia, and Sudan/South Sudan. Moreover, the report suggested a disturbing trend: in 36 percent of cases, the alleged victims were minors."

https://www.cfr.org/blog/sexua...ers-time-real-action

No more like the UN Peacekeepers getting killed, looted, and dragged through the streets like Somalia. Most of the gangs are more heavily armed than UN troops.

The real problem is the whole Chicago system, the DA won't charge or prosecute, and when she does (due to extreme notoriety of case), the Judges give probation. No consequences for actions.

What CPD SIG posted above applies to every city the democrats are in charge of.

Posts: 3975 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
12131-
The problem here is NOT the guns. Hell, I'll bet that your area probably has way more guns there than we do here. BUT... why do you have way less killing? (well, outside of deer & hog)

The problem here is the PEOPLE.....

But what there AIN'T, is a problem with the guns.

I don't know why you need to tell me this. If you really read what I wrote, you'd realize we're on the same page.

Q

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Well said CPD SIG.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29771 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:

I based it on what I thought was the general opinion of the rank and file including accusations of spousal abuse, and if I'm wrong about that, tell me and I'll delete that part of my comment. You're the guys who dealt with him and I'll respect that.

My slam on his intelligence is based on observing him over the years in his televised interviews and speeches, and I'll stick by that.

His firing was because Rahm needed a sacrificial lamb over the Laquan MacDonald case, wasn't it? I don't hold that against him, just more dirty politics on Rahm's part.

Me, Personally? Im not a fan of McCarthy.
I believe the word is "Carpetbagger".

Yep, him and the Ex got into a few fist-a-cuffs. She split because of that, and him nailing anything with two tits, a hole and a heartbeat and a love for the liquor.
Oh, she was no Saint either, just ask the Officer at O'Hare airport Wink
Garry always thought he was the smartest and toughest guy in the room. He got called out on it at a Christmas party a few years back, and I'll actually give him the credit he's due; he told the other bosses NOT TO fuck with the cop that called him out on his bullshit. (It was an argument over Rugby Vs Football)

There's a few other reasons for my disapproval of McCarthy too.

That's not to say he was a total asshole. And he was WAY, WAY better than the coward Judy Weis, the Supt before him. I know Garry got the job because of his ties to Bill Clinton.

Yes, he got the political axe from Rahm over the McDonald shooting. ***Allegedly*** it was for talking out of turn to the media. That was the reason given. If it was the real reason, I don't know.
Remember this: Rahm ain't stupid.
But Gary is still around. I don't know the reason, but I'm betting that it's not to further his political career. I can't figure out the angle just yet, but there is an angle. Split the vote? Scapegoat again? I don't know.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8379 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post