SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kim Gardner Confiscates McCloskey's AR-15
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kim Gardner Confiscates McCloskey's AR-15 Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Tanksoldier, having been a police Officer and now a member of the bar, I’m curious if you see a warrant to seize the weapons absent any investigation into the other crimes in the circumstances as troubling. By troubling I mean there’s no investigation into the trespassing, destruction of private property, the assault and asssault by means of weapons against the McKlosky family. The threats of death and arson against them, but to name a few. In the jurisdiction I worked we took an oath as police to support, uphold and defend the constitution of the state and the United States, unless the officers executing the warrant are drones how could they not know their office is being used for a malicious intent and political prosecution in contravention to established state and federal law. The affiant for the warrant isn’t a prosecutor it’s a police officer how are they not complicit?

Posts: 2762 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Interesting we hear nothing about arrests for protestors that trespassed and broke into private property, damaged property, threatened people with damage and harm..

Certainly not surprising, though.
1. Doesn't fit the prevailing political narrative.
2. It's always easier and safer to investigate, serve warrants on, arrest, and prosecute decent citizens as opposed to violent criminals.

Posts: 630 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by murphman:
quote:
Interesting we hear nothing about arrests for protestors that trespassed and broke into private property, damaged property, threatened people with damage and harm..

2. It's always easier and safer to investigate, serve warrants on, arrest, and prosecute decent citizens as opposed to violent criminals.

Or that the reported weapons the criminals were pointing at the McKloskeys were confiscated.

Posts: 3695 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanksoldier:
I don’t know the details of the investigation, but there was enough for a judge to sign a warrant.

And what about that Judge? Just because the warrant was signed doesn't mean the Judge isn't just as much a POS as the Circuit Attorney.

Posts: 7342 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
quote:
quote:

Or that the reported weapons the criminals were pointing at the McKloskeys were confiscated.

The protestors had guns and were pointing them at the McKloskeys? Any proof of that?

Posts: 3321 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I don't know that the protesters rioters had any weapons. But a mob doesn't need weapons to inflict bodily harm or kill.

Posts: 27805 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
quote:
quote:

The protestors had guns and were pointing them at the McKloskeys? Any proof of that?

That was reported by the local news here in St. Louis. Then suddenly you didn't see the video or any further comment thereof.

Posts: 3695 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Stop with the nested quotes, please. Look at all the real estate you took up the page just so you could respond with two sentences.

Posts: 107227 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:

One of the rioters, according to Mr. Mccloskey, did take out two pistol magazines and clinked them together in the air while verbally making a threat towards him. So there is that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30284 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I don't know that the protesters rioters had any weapons. But a mob doesn't need weapons to inflict bodily harm or kill.

The mob is the weapon.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by M-11:
One of my concerns is that Mrs. M has her finger on the trigger.
Shouldn't you be more concerned with the position of her finger on the trigger, looks like too much finger..... Roll Eyes
Looks like we're gonna need a bigger trigger.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30531 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
spunk639 nailed it.

Posts: 110 | Location: florida | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Link

Parson says pardon likely if St. Louis couple charged

Missouri Gov. Mike Parson told a radio host that based on the information he’s received, it’s likely he would pardon a white St. Louis couple if they are charged for brandishing guns during a racial injustice protest outside their mansion.

Democratic Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner is investigating Mark and Patricia McCloskey, both in their 60s, for an incident on June 28. Protesters who were marching to the nearby home of Mayor Lyda Krewson walked onto the private street where the McCloskeys live.

The couple accused demonstrators of knocking down an iron gate marked with “No Trespassing” and “Private Street” signs, though a protest leader has said the gate was already open and no protesters damaged it. The McCloskeys came outside with weapons — him with a long-barreled gun and her with a small handgun.

Their actions, captured on video and viewed by millions, drew praise from some who said they were legally defending their home, but scorn from others who said they risked bloodshed by displaying the weapons. Photos emerged as memes on both sides of the gun debate.

Gardner has not disclosed whether she intends to file charges, but several leading Republicans — including President Donald Trump, Sen. Josh Hawley and Parson — have criticized her for even deciding to investigate the couple. Parson cited Missouri’s “castle doctrine” law that justifies lethal force for those protecting their homes. Hawley is seeking a U.S. Department of Justice investigation of Gardner.

In an interview Friday on the Marc Cox Morning Show on 97.1 FM in St. Louis, Parson was asked if he would consider a pardon.

“I think that’s exactly what would happen,” Parson said. He later added that based on what he knows about the case, “I don’t think they’re going to spend any time in jail.”

Parson on Saturday retweeted a link to the interview on his personal Twitter page. An email message left with his spokeswoman was not immediately returned.

A spokeswoman for Gardner declined comment, citing the ongoing investigation.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
God bless Missouri Governor Mike Parson, a man who's life experiences make his declaration very important in such a matter.

My hope is that it not come to a need for a pardon, but glad to hear he is in the corner of the People.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43799 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

The mob is the weapon.

Good point and very true.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmo952:
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:

The mob is the weapon.

Good point and very true.

Yeah, I'm REALLY tired of the media 'narrative' about people defending themselves with firearms. The msm will claim "blah blah blah unarmed assailant, as if that means anything. Or, they will say 'unarmed man with a knife' to somehow imply the shooter was not justified.

Plenty of people have been incapacitated and/or killed with just the assailant's bare hands. Mobs are even more dangerous, as they develop an almost feral 'pack mentality.' If I were attacked or threatened by such a mob, ALL options would be on the table for my defense against it.

Oh, and these thugs are NOT 'protestors,' they are RIOTERS or MOBS.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21820 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump "came after me for doing my job and investigating a case."

If Gardner were indeed "doing her job" she'd investigate the mob for vandalism and criminal trespass.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11043 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
Good. I hope that bought and paid for Soros stooge feels the heat. I hope the scrutiny is unbearable. It could not be levied against a more deserving recipient.

She doesn't care. Her type are a protected class. Just like Lois Lerner (IRS targeting) and Eric Holder (fast and furious).

Leftist bureaucrats never face heat for abusing their power, even to egregious levels of people losing their lives or elections being influenced.

Such is the disgusting swamp of big city and federal politics.

Posts: 14112 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20742 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post