SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kim Gardner Confiscates McCloskey's AR-15
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kim Gardner Confiscates McCloskey's AR-15 Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted
St. Louis authorities confiscated an AR-15 used by Mark McCloskey, who made headlines with his wife Patricia last month when they defended their historic mansion from protesters who had broken down a gate to trespass on their private road.

Police executed a search warrant Friday evening at the McCloskey's home, seizing the rifle used in the June 28 incident, according to KSDK. The couple said their attorney was in possession of the pistol Patricia McCloskey brandished during the confrontation. The raid comes two weeks after St. Louis circuit attorney Kimberly Gardner vowed to work with the St. Louis Police Department to conduct an investigation into the incident.

According to the report, there are no charges against the McCloskeys at this time, as the warrant was just for the guns.

And now they've been disarmed.

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...nfiscate-ar-15-rifle

https://www.foxnews.com/us/mis...police-search-report

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
And, some folks say this (gun confiscation stuff) can't happen in America. Fuck these commies. Mad

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Joel Schwartz, the couple's lawyer, said a search warrant was served Friday evening and that the gun Mark McCloskey was holding in the video was seized. Schwartz told The Associated Press that arrangements have been made to turn over to authorities on Saturday the gun that Patricia McCloskey had been holding, adding that her gun was inoperable at the time of the protest and still is.

The couple has not been charged, and Schwartz said charges against them would be “absolutely, positively unmerited.”

“A search warrant being executed is clear indication of what the circuit attorney's intentions are. Beyond that, I can't comment,” Schwartz said.

https://www.startribune.com/po...ng-couple/571727822/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I hope he buys 10 more. Fuck these Marxist cocksuckers.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
No laws being enforced except against self defense. Speaks loud.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I amstill trying to determine the legal basis the Judge used to sign the warrant. Does Mo have red flag laws?

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Kevin, any insight you can pass on?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does Mo have red flag laws?

Nope.

-rduckwor

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
If the McCloskeys are not charged with a crime, how can their private property be confiscated?

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I’m scratching my head on this one. Were there any laws violated? Was anyone arrested, and for wants purpose?

No? Than this is a load of crap and that bitch should be fired from her position and the State should be sued to high heaven.

I’m sick of all this BS political crap.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
If the McCloskeys are not charged with a crime, how can their private property be confiscated?

If this is an actual question, executing a search warrant does not require an arrest, or have any component there of. Police often execute search warrants and either charge at a later date, or sometimes not charge at all.

I’m sure your question was likely rhetorical, but that’s the answer.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
And, some folks say this (gun confiscation stuff) can't happen in America. Fuck these commies. Mad

This actually happens quite frequently when there is a search warrant executed, and search warrants are executed all the time. Of course, it depends on the possible crime they are investigating, but let's say a potential domestic violence incident is being investigated. Any guns in the home will often be confiscated and held until the matter is resolved.

I'm completely just guessing, but could be based on looking into whether to file an aggravated menacing charge. I'm not familiar with this state's specific laws, though.

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
St. Louis circuit attorney candidate defends accepting super PAC campaign money from liberal billionaire

https://www.stltoday.com/news/...1f-4084f1ec1485.html

UPDATED at noon Aug. 1 with information on a third large donation to candidate Kim Gardner from George Soros-backed 'super PAC.'

ST. LOUIS • Kimberly Gardner, one of four Democrats running for St. Louis circuit attorney in the Aug. 2 primary, is taking heat for a new political ad paid for with money from a national super PAC that is at least partly funded by liberal billionaire George Soros.

The new internet and cable TV ad was financed by a federally registered campaign committee from Washington called the Safety & Justice Committee. It was established in June and reported $30,000 in initial funds from Soros. No other contributors were listed as of its last public filing June 30.

Soros, a prominent backer of liberal causes, has supported Democrats in similar district attorney races around the country, including Chicago, Texas, Mississippi and Louisiana, according to published news reports.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would hope they can afford some full time security. Off duty Saint Louis cops would be good.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
If this is an actual question...

Yes, it is real question and thanks for answering. But doesn't a search warrant have to be connected to a crime?

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see the warrant application to see how they justified any probable cause that a crime was committed.

If they get charged (and I think they will) and then get acquitted (which I also think they will), I hope they sue the pants off Gardner for malicious prosecution.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Come on now, everyone here knows the only reason this happened is because Kim Gardner is a fucking commie. Commies hate private gun ownership, and they will make up any excuses to grab your guns.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Isn't she the same one who refused to prosecute rioters?

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
WTH? Mad

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30298 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Anything preventing him from going out and buying another? (besides lack of inventory)

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post