SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Route 91 fest Vegas shooting?
Page 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 87

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Route 91 fest Vegas shooting? Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have never seen a guest door with an alarm

I think "alarm" is being misconstrued here to be more like a fire alarm when it was really more like a simple "notification" the desk or security staff saw on a computer screen...

A system with key cards and locks that can be reprogrammed by remote (which happens every time a new guest checks in and out) can show which doors are open at a given time, and it's probably as simple as a little warning the staff gets on their screen that shows one has been left open longer than x... (they can very likely see each and every opening and closing of every door in real time, but ignore most unless it stays open for x, etc).

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And yes, the jackassery symposium currently being held by the sheriff and his crack team of investigators is giving conspiracy theorists mountains of confusion and misdirection to work with, to their great delight.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
So Campos fled from a media circus. Maybe he just doesn't want the media attention.
It's the logical answer.

Fifty eight innocent people were murdered and this schmoe who is just tryin' to make a living is suddenly being pursued by the Great Unblinking Eye.

It ain't rocket surgery to figure this out.

The Eliminaetti?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
LVMPD press conference today at 11am PDT

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Looks like Zappos (online shoe store) has offered to pay the funeral costs of all 58 victims.

Nice gesture, good PR.

source

Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Given funeral expenses could easily be $10-$20K for each victim, it is indeed a great kindness for Zappos to offer to pay for this. Smart business, too. For less than the cost of a Superbowl commercial slot, they can do a lot of good.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arlen:
This is a case of the FBI investigating a FBI operation that went sideways. The FBI has no intention of releasing accurate information.
Paddock (FBI tool) was selling guns to domestic terrorists. Terrorists saw, via camera, security guard approaching and assumed Paddock had set them up for arrest. They shoot at guard, Then kill Paddock. Then shoot from windows into concert crowd. Then leave hotel.
FBI has no intention of revealing this gun running going sideways.
Tin foil has pretty good reception!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

Your not supposed to drink the bong water.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The sheriff is giving his press conference now. He's very defensive. He also looks like he'd rather be anywhere but there.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Sheriff agrees w MGM.

Campos was shot and radioed about 1005, not 959

Sheriff Lombardo:

"I still stand by the time ... It wasn't inaccurate when I provided it to you. The circumstances associated with it is inaccurate"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjYoNL4g5Vg

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Heard a great conspiracy theory last night over wings with a few guys on a motorcycle ride....
All kinds of future novel and movie plots developing...

If you are going to conjure up conspiracy theories... that's the way to do it! Wings and beer!
And... a motorcycle rider must be worked into all of these novels and movie plots.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Three conspiracy theorists walk into a bar.

This can't be a coincidence.

Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
FBI gives time line as Campos shot at 9:59.
MGM's Mandala Bay screams bloody murder because FBI has loaded a lot of liability onto them to be sued.
Campos disappears just before media interviews yesterday. FBI does not want him to speak about timeline.
Today FBI issues new timeline which removes liability from MGM.
This smells of cover-up.
Tin foil is full receiver mode.

Oh...by the way, sheriff says there are hotel security recordings! Why not release them last week? Cut and paste, anyone?

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is a case of the FBI investigating a FBI operation that went sideways. The FBI has no intention of releasing accurate information.
Paddock (FBI tool) was selling guns to domestic terrorists. Terrorists saw, via camera, security guard approaching and assumed Paddock had set them up for arrest. They shoot at guard, Then kill Paddock. Then shoot from windows into concert crowd. Then leave hotel.
FBI has no intention of revealing this gun running going sideways.
Tin foil has pretty good reception!
It's not possible to take you seriously. Either you're trolling us or you're a conspiracy nut. Of the two choices, I'd hold you in higher regard as the former, not the latter. If you actually believe this stuff, well, again, it's just not possible to take you seriously.

You're making up little spy stories in your head. Write them down, consider self-publishing, and maybe you'll win a prize for fiction.

These things you're saying, such as the shooter was an "FBI tool", they make you look foolish, arlen. You're just making shit up, or you're gullible enough to accept these tales from other people.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
@arlen

How about...

Some of this is piss poor information?

Some of this is piss poor "reporting"?

Some of this is bad recollection and "forensics"?

Some of this is a shit show?

Some of this is a lot of different people trying to cover their own specific ass?

Some of this is people trying to "ride on fame" when they had no involvement?

So, no great smoke fill room with a cabal of sinister world controlling players, just good old life and humans being human.

And in the end, what if it is all a vast conspiracy?

What can anyone truly due to stop such things?

We have certainly had such things in the past, and will in the future.

But, more often than not, all things are people trying to hide their individual "sins", because very few people want to be accountable to others when they screw up, but our society often demands some consequences be applied.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
just good old life and humans being human.

That is it.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
@arlen

How about...

Let's get a little more basic: Terrorists are working with an FBI stooge to buy civilian AR's that they could buy from any gun shop in America?

Uh, why? At least come up with something semi-plausible.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
I don't think I'm a troll. At least I hope not.
Here is my point of view:
I have seen FBI infiltrate terrorist cells and take full participation in planning, supplying explosives and cell phones, encouraging the radicalized home terrorist. They even supply the auto to carry the explosives to be blown up.
In their plot they successfully foil the attack by making sure that the plastic explosives to not get ignited. Then they arrest the would-be terrorist as he tries to blow up the car. This happened in the state of Washington, if I remember correctly. It was on the national news and the FBI was very proud of it.

The FBI does this sort of thing.

I am just applying what I know of the FBI to this event. And so far, a gun trade to the would-be terrorists that went awry is the most sensible explanation of any other explanation that you can come up with.

I have read this whole thread as it was created and have not heard anything but bewilderment of the events.

My supposition makes sense. No one else, by their own admission, makes any sense.

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't think I'm a troll. At least I hope not.
Well, considering the whacky shit you're suggesting in this thread, it would be better for you if you were a troll.

Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
Maybe you're right.
I have stated my stance so now I will shut the hell up and let events unfold over the next few months and see if they prove that I am full of crap. Maybe I am. I am old enough to know that all government is flawed. And bureaucracy cannot do anything right much of the time.

Regards,
arlen

======================
======================