SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Find the only correct answer I'm looking for, and you win a ***NIB P228*** /// *****WINNER = Cous2492*****
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Find the only correct answer I'm looking for, and you win a ***NIB P228*** /// *****WINNER = Cous2492***** Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
In one shot, Pilate is wearing a pair of Crocs.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
The actor was also 5'9" and Jesus was likely less than 5' tall.

Why do you assert this?

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I have no factual basis for this, but do to diet of the time (fish, bread, and periods of fasting) and data regarding bone measurements from 1st century skeletal remains from the region, his height would be somewhere between 4'10"-5'2". Our current acceptance of his appearance are based on Renaissance paintings, not necessarily in reality.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
quote:
have no factual basis for this, but do to diet of the time (fish, bread, and periods of fasting) and data regarding bone measurements from 1st century skeletal remains from the region, his height would be somewhere between 4'10"-5'2". Our current acceptance of his appearance are based on Renaissance paintings, not necessarily in reality.

Analyses of the Sindone – Shroud of Turin – vary as to the height of Jesus between 5’-8” to 5’-9” or between 5’-11” to 6’-1”.

The common consensus is that he was at least 5’-8’ tall (99 cubits).

I saw the Shroud during the first modern exposition in 1978 and was a student of the Shroud for several years. I have absolute faith that it is the burial cloth of Christ.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2273 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
De Plane, Boss! De Plane!

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
The cross & scaffolding being setup when Jesus was a child, with the same guards supposedly there 30 years into the future

The wet/dry clothes error after John baptizes Jesus

The innumerable wound errors after the flogging

Pontius Pilot being incorrectly referred to as a procurer instead of a prefect

There were only 6 apostles in the movie instead of 12

Trivia: The guy who played Judas? He was originally cast to play Jesus. Eek

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
JRC said:
quote:
So simply cutting and pasting THE ENTIRE FIRST LISTING that pops up on a Google search is the way to win a Karma??? Classy

Hard agree my friend.

But...the OP is not exactly an amateur when it comes to stuff like this, were I a betting man, (and I am), I would feel very comfortable saying that the answer that is being sought is not something that will be found in a Google search.

In fact I'd go so far as to guess that the OP has already ensured that the answer is not something that will be 'accidently' found via an internet search.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert Powell has blue eyes

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
JRC said:
quote:
So simply cutting and pasting THE ENTIRE FIRST LISTING that pops up on a Google search is the way to win a Karma??? Classy

Hard agree my friend.

But...the OP is not exactly an amateur when it comes to stuff like this, were I a betting man, (and I am), I would feel very comfortable saying that the answer that is being sought is not something that will be found in a Google search.

In fact I'd go so far as to guess that the OP has already ensured that the answer is not something that will be 'accidently' found via an internet search.

From the OP:

-You can consult anything or anyone you like.
- You can attempt as many guesses as you like.

Seems you are bothered by something the OP both anticipated and invited.....

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
It was in English while Jesus spoke Aramaic.
Winner!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Is it perhaps that a 35 year old was cast as Joseph instead of someone a little more elderly.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good guesses everyone, but it's this. . .

The actor playing Jesus, although claiming to be circumcised, just as Jesus was, was actually not.

This little piece of 'evidence' as it were, as exposed in the wild orgy scene, was cut from film and never made it into final production.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
During the crucifixion scene, the nails are driven into the hands. Historical evidence shows that the nails were driven in the wrist area between the Radius and the Ulna.
Medical evidence also shows that the hands would rip off the nails if driven into the palm.

One slight, but important error.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2273 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:

Did he invite us to copy that whole frickin' post again?

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
The type of stitching on his sandals was not used until modern times.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll give it a try...

At about 3:47 minutes of the film the Rabbi is giving a blessing as the people leave.
This is not worded correctly, according to the Torah, which states, "May the Lord bless and guard you-
May the Lord make his face shine light upon you and be gracious unto you-
May the Lord lift up His face upon you and give you peace-".

Posts: 358 | Registered: March 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Extra bibilical traditions were used for to make the movie shorter and to "play" better. So, the mistake is that simply didn't make a movie that is correct according to the Bible despite claiming it is about Jesus of Nazereth.

Posts: 12461 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Wasn't there an airplane flying in the background?

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:

Not that I can tell, and as you, I was more bothered by the requote of the entire giant post than the original answer using that text.

E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:

Not that I can tell, and as you, I was more bothered by the requote of the entire giant post than the original answer using that text.

Fixed that for you Wink

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post