SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wild Critters Seen Around Your House
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wild Critters Seen Around Your House Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Deer, turkeys, black bear, coyotes, red foxes, wood chucks.
And the usual raccoons and opossums.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39871 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live in the High Desert. Bobcats, Bear, Mountain Lion, Road Runners, Rattlesnakes, Possums, Skunks (too many), Ground Squirrels, Ravens, Hawks, Lizards, Jack Rabbits and Cottontails.

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 710 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
I live in town. Possums and squirrels are about the most exotic.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen much since moving to suburbia in Texas. Thought I may see a few rattlers or water moccasins after Hurricane Harvey displaced them to higher ground (my place is high ground and did not flood), but fortunately did not see any.

Kind of boring compared to living in Alaska where you had to be on your toes whenever walking out the door or backing out of the garage. For example, coming home on a Friday night from a SCI dinner:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23654 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Pronghorns now. I should probably go find my pictures from our house in NW WY--grizzlies, a couple times, moose and elk

Posts: 13564 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My sister in Texas discovered a mountain lion sunning herself on the patio one afternoon.

Posts: 999 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Small city surrounded by country and farms.

Deer,Fox,Coyote,Turkey,Red Black and Brown Squirrels, Chipmunks,Skunks,Possum,Muskrat,Rabbits

And for birds, Canadian Geese, Cranes, Swans and the usual small birds.

Garter snakes up the wazoo too.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8380 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seen from or on our place: Ducks, geese, turkeys, quail, owl, bats, deer, moose, elk, coyotes. Heard: wolves.

Silent

Posts: 1054 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Deers, Bears, Foxs, Elks, Nopes (snakes), Tree Rats, Rabbits, Oh-possums, Turkeys, Meece.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
They’re developing behind us so I’ll see fewer animals going forward. We’ve had deer, foxes, coyotes, raccoons, squirrels, and more hawks than I can count.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
Deer, elk, mountain lion, wolf, black bear, rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, turkeys, pheasants, golden eagle, bald eagle, red tails, osprey, heron, egrets - and my neighbor keeps a bison in his front yard.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Made friends with the raccoons and instruct them to kill the mice and rats and chase the hippies. The deer are numerous and stupid. The possum is rarely seen. The skunk has a hair trigger. The wild turkeys are unfortunately not of the bottled variety. The foxes drop by for hijinks. The coyotes howl. Squirrels annoy. The rabbits avoid the feathered friends. Glad the cougar stays in the parkland for now.

Posts: 4322 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
See an occasional opossum, skunk, red fox, raccoon, rabbits and feral cats. Too many squirrels.

For birds, I see the seldom owl and lots of hawks.
Plenty of colorful birds at the feeder: cardinals, finches, orioles, waxwings, wrens and grosbeaks.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Mowing the yard today, a four foot rat snake came out of the bushes and tried to use my leg to get away from the lawnmower. I haven't screamed like that since I was a little girl.

Posts: 5905 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Right now I'm looking out the window at 11 deer, and I live in metro OKC.

Posts: 11981 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Opossums, squirrels, lots of assorted birds, rabbits, ducks, geese, buzzards, egrets, coyotes, bob cats, doves, crows, hawks, barred owls, harmless snakes, geckos, cats, friendly neighborhood dogs, armadillos, foxes, and raccoons. And I live in town.

Posts: 6592 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Deer, squirrels, coyote, rabbits, hawks, owls, opossum, turkeys, turkey buzzards, and skunks. The last being the worst!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2683 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Blue crabs,killies,Peanut Bunker, Mallards, Snappers, sea turtles an occasional deer and Sea Gulls. The usual stuff.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8671 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Deer
Fox
Opossum
Coon
Snakes non poisonous except one small copperhead
Buzzards
Hawk

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well my neighbor across the street has 2 teenage daughters. Both incredibly cute. Also have the occasional armadillo, bunnies, and squirels.

Where's the beer!

Posts: 475 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post