SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chemical Weapons In Syria
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chemical Weapons In Syria Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
all 59 missiles hit within 3 minutes

Wow, that's a slice of hell right there! Wish we had ground video of it.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
If ISIS had access to the gas, why wouldn't they have used it - particularly in the fighting around Mosul and Raqqa?

If is wasn't ISIS, why would the non-ISIS rebels have it in the first place? These guys are still into modifying light pickup trucks and haven't shown any tendency to use chemical weapons.

If it was Assad, a "test shot" to determine what the world's reaction would be and to act as an ongoing threat to anyone fighting Assad would make plenty of sense - and be much more likely to have happened than that chemical weapons were accidentally left behind and got hit by a conventional bomb by pure dumb luck.

Ah, well, maybe now we'll see the end of Putin envy in the West. When someone has to reach that far to cobble together a conspiracy theory then they've at least come to the edge of being purely ridiculous.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:

http://www.msn.com/en-za/video...g-airbase/vi-BBzw6eU

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Fox said it took a half hour to launch all the missiles, so the first missiles launched 'orbited' the Destroyers, until all the missiles were in the air, and then they all went to strike the target at once, to lessen the enemy's chances of taking cover.

I didn't know they could do that. It's genius.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Have you seen what those artillery guys can do with "time on target"? These projectiles have their own fuel source and on-board navigation systems.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Have you seen what those artillery guys can do with "time on target"? These projectiles have their own fuel source and on-board navigation systems.

And Barry wanted to halt production of these beautiful things?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
You want the US to release to the public our intelligence capabilities?

A. Either it went down as reported by the administration or

B. Our intel people intentionally falsified the data and convinced SecDef Mattis and the entire US military leadership and the president and his NSC and convinced him to order a strike knowing all along that it wasn't Assad's planes that dropped it.

C. The intel showed it wasn't Assad, but SecDef Mattis, the entire US military leadership, the president and the NSC all colluded to cover up the intel and order attack on Assad anyway.

You actually believe B or C?

I'm really curious which option the conspiracy guys believe?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
And Barry wanted to halt production of these beautiful things?

Well, you know, they look kinda like flying penises, so they're really, really ultra insensitive. Instead he had, you know, Hillary Clinton flying all over the place. Wink

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
quote:

Fox said it took a half hour to launch all the missiles, so the first missiles launched 'orbited' the Destroyers, until all the missiles were in the air, and then they all went to strike the target at once, to lessen the enemy's chances of taking cover.

It's something, not sure if it's genius. It worked this time. 1/59 splashed - how many of the 59 objects destined to destroy an airbase were 'orbiting' around the launch vehicles at one time? If we assume half, that's a lot of bogeys to herd.
Seems like inviting an own goal in order to show off. Prioritize targets, then you can reroute the stragglers from low priority targets to higher ones that didn't open up on the first knock.
[/MMQB]

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
You want the US to release to the public our intelligence capabilities?

A. Either it went down as reported by the administration or

B. Our intel people intentionally falsified the data and convinced SecDef Mattis and the entire US military leadership and the president and his NSC and convinced him to order a strike knowing all along that it wasn't Assad's planes that dropped it.

C. The intel showed it wasn't Assad, but SecDef Mattis, the entire US military leadership, the president and the NSC all colluded to cover up the intel and order attack on Assad anyway.

You actually believe B or C?

One doesn't 'believe a conspiracy' one believes that there is 'more to the story' for every story, that the simplest solution could not possibly be the correct one, that every child of man, that walks, talks, creeps, crawls, or rides a motorcycle has an ulterior motive on everything.

It must be exhausting.

Posts: 6396 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Fox, in the above video said a russian war boat is heading in the direction of our 2 ships. Its getting interesting.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:

Loitering is not a new or exclusive concept for TLAM's.
FTR, ain't no way it took 30 minutes to launch 59 missiles...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think what some are worried about is the intelligence agencies commitment to damage the Trump Admin. Can they be trusted ? After the complete misuse in the last 8 years, I would be wary about trusting the "info" provided to me.
How easy would it be for the CIA to pay a couple of pilots off, guarantee them a new life and extraction from Syria. Hell, Assad has defectors in in own ranks.
I know it is tinfoil hat time, but, with the revelations about IRS shredding the HDD's, Hillary "wiping "her servers with a cloth, and the billions of dollars unaccounted for, is it really far fetched to believe the deep state exisist and for their own benefit?

Trump should have called Putin and had him take care of it. Syria is a Russian proxy. He had no declared "red line in the sand " to protect.

When Schumer and Mccain are ok with it, one has to worry

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
quote:
monitored the results of the attack

I would be interested in seeing proof from a US source instead of Turkey or the White Helmets.

Sorry you don't have the clearance...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6318 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carpentermaass84:
make up for all of Odumbo's mistakes since 2008 so start with the most pressing, Syria, and then get back to putting a large force on the ground in Afghanistan and Iraq until the locals are finally pacified.
You signing up to go?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:

I am very impressed with Nikki Haley!

She has more balls than Obummer...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6318 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:
It's something, not sure if it's genius. It worked this time. 1/59 splashed - how many of the 59 objects destined to destroy an airbase were 'orbiting' around the launch vehicles at one time? If we assume half, that's a lot of bogeys to herd.
Seems like inviting an own goal in order to show off. Prioritize targets, then you can reroute the stragglers from low priority targets to higher ones that didn't open up on the first knock.

Yeah I'm sure the professionals launching them have no idea what they are doing - you need to JOIN NOW to show them the way!!!!

Razz

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
I think what some are worried about is the intelligence agencies commitment to damage the Trump Admin. Can they be trusted ? After the complete misuse in the last 8 years, I would be wary about trusting the "info" provided to me.
How easy would it be for the CIA to pay a couple of pilots off, guarantee them a new life and extraction from Syria. Hell, Assad has defectors in in own ranks.
I know it is tinfoil hat time, but, with the revelations about IRS shredding the HDD's, Hillary "wiping "her servers with a cloth, and the billions of dollars unaccounted for, is it really far fetched to believe the deep state exisist and for their own benefit?

Trump should have called Putin and had him take care of it. Syria is a Russian proxy. He had no declared "red line in the sand " to protect.

When Schumer and Mccain are ok with it, one has to worry

CIA paid off Syrian pilots to obtain chemical weapons, arm and load them on jets at a Syrian Air Force Base, gas civilians, land and then avoid Syrian security until they were extracted by the CIA. Then the intel agencies hushed all that up and convinced Mattis and the entire Pentagon along with the NSC and Trump to bomb the air base? That's the plan? And the big payoff for this spectacular op?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

That the truth is classified °∆°

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31444 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Some pretty good perspectives from Mark Steyn:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/538...4001/?#sp=show-clips

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post