SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chemical Weapons In Syria
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chemical Weapons In Syria Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I'm curious to see how the Chinese leader will respond tomorrow.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Maybe he'll bow.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nevertheless, Russia's Deputy U.N. ambassador Vladimir Safronkov warned that any negative consequences from the strikes would be on the "shoulders of those who initiated such a doubtful and tragic enterprise."

Yes, Vladimir, Assad initiated such a doubtful and tragic enterprise by using chemical weapons. He suffered "negative consequences" for doing so.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I have no expertise in such matters and no opinion on possible consequences, but I don't have a moral objection to President Trump's actions.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I really can't see Mrs Trump holding a sign with some hashtag garbage on it like president sparklemuffin's wife did. . .

THIS was the proper reaction, and Russia knows it, IMO. The 'tough talk' is intended for the people in this country who don't know any better and for other countries (like France) who don't have the cajones to do something like this. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Good job. That whole area is a giant mobile stockpile of chemical and other weapons.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Syria is calling this an "act of aggression"

The fuck you gonna do about it, small fry? Not a damn thing, that's what.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Additional info

This photo thats in the above link is of the USS Shiloh taken in 1996 during Operation Desert Fox. I was onboard her at that time.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
also posted this video in the other thread.

https://youtu.be/BltK3oWVTrM

USS Porter launching Tomahawks against the airfield.

Think about those missiles arriving a few seconds apart in a relatively small area.

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Not bad, not bad. Better than rolling Tacair through the SA10/20 zones. Plus the Black Shoes get to have some action.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
quote:
Additional info

This photo thats in the above link is of the USS Shiloh taken in 1996 during Operation Desert Fox. I was onboard her at that time.

Awesome and thank you for your service.
Cool

Posts: 5143 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Can't have been any chemical weapons. John F'ing Kerry swore they had all been removed back when he was SecState.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Syria is calling this an "act of aggression"

The fuck you gonna do about it, small fry? Not a damn thing, that's what.
The Syrians think this was an act of aggression? they are wrong. This was the shot across the bow.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.foxnews.com/politic...hemical-weapons.html

PolitiFact retracts 'mostly true' ruling that US removed '100 percent' of Syria's chemical weapons

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
quote:
Additional info

Considering the two ships who did the launching were Burke-class destroyers, you'd have thought the editors would've at least chosen an image of the correct type of vessel.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...and Desert Fox took place in Dec 1998, not 1996.

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
The Syrians think this was an act of aggression? they are wrong. This was the shot across the bow.

Indeed. If the U.S. wanted to show real aggression...watch out.

Posts: 1782 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
What a difference, Obummer sends Kerry, and Trump sends Tomahawks. Hmmm

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Power move

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post