SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    In today's edition of "You deserved to be tased and I laughed at the way you fell"...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In today's edition of "You deserved to be tased and I laughed at the way you fell"... Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I was slightly disappointed she didn’t make the wookie sound on the way down.

Yer Awful. I like you! Big Grin

Even better would be the sick stick from Minority Report. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29702 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Even if the report hadn’t said so, the mugshot screams meth.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
More than an eight ball before lunch? Jeebus!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
News article I read said Methamphetamine was involved.

Not a surprise.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Nice to see the effectiveness of the Taser. So many videos I have seen where they have been ineffective.

My understanding is clothing hampers a Taser's performance.

Only if the clothes prevent the darts from reaching flesh.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
More than an eight ball before lunch? Jeebus!

An 8-ball of meth taken orally can kill. https://watermark.silverchair....aPBavQiR3JpWxKYJlDor

I'm guessing Ms. Lumberjack did not have Walter White Blue Meth.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16702 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a kick out of the other shoppers who were going about their business. Maybe a deputy with his weapon drawn is par for the course there...

Posts: 995 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sheesh, ya’d think that after hearing “Drop the knife!” 18 times and “Put the knife down!” 10 times that the young lady would comply with the most basic of instructions, especially since the officer was pointing a gun at her.

Thank you for the hearty chuckle!

Posts: 3479 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
As long as the first cop was not going to go hands on, what else could he have done other than to keep repeating himself? I think he knew help was on the way and shooting her wasn't going to be (just yet) justifiable, as long as she wasn't moving toward him. But I always wonder why cops keep shouting the same orders over and over again. Obviously, the perp is not going to comply without hands on.

Posts: 3538 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Yes, repeating commands until it's time to do something else is really the only option. It sounds strange in a video to people who weren't there and have no idea of what situations like that are in actual life, but if officers don't keep giving commands, they would be criticized for that.

There is no way I would be a street LEO today, and in large part because of how they can be criticized, if not crucified, for any use of force. Ignorance does not prevent people from having strong opinions about the issue. Unfortunately law enforcement is becoming what most people want these days—until they don't want it that way any more, and then they will regret that even more.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Life sucks when you peak at 14.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
As long as the first cop was not going to go hands on, what else could he have done other than to keep repeating himself? I think he knew help was on the way and shooting her wasn't going to be (just yet) justifiable, as long as she wasn't moving toward him. But I always wonder why cops keep shouting the same orders over and over again. Obviously, the perp is not going to comply without hands on.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Training. Giving commands to comply. Ever notice most traffic cops say the same sorts of things. My favorite is "Stop resisting."

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Yes, repeating commands until it's time to do something else is really the only option. It sounds strange in a video to people who weren't there and have no idea of what situations like that are in actual life, but if officers don't keep giving commands, they would be criticized for that.

There is no way I would be a street LEO today, and in large part because of how they can be criticized, if not crucified, for any use of force. Ignorance does not prevent people from having strong opinions about the issue. Unfortunately law enforcement is becoming what most people want these days—until they don't want it that way any more, and then they will regret that even more.

I had a third or fourth cousin (he is now dead) who was a deputy (later Sheriff) in a small Pennsylvania county. I don't know how long they would have yelled commands at her in the '60s or '70s, but the two options he had would have been to shoot her or fight her. His preferred fighting weapon was a big, heavy lead sap, but a good blow to the head with one of those can easily be fatal. Who wants to fight someone with a knife? I guess you yell commands until they make an overly threatening move, and then you don't have much choice but to shoot.

Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
This just comes to mind because I had to present to a deaf couple yesterday. They weren't high or insane, otherwise totally normal. But they couldn't hear a thing and I had to do everything on a pad and then the lady Factime called her daughter who would talk with me, then sign it all back to the parents.

Posts: 3538 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tasing dumb people in wal mart, oh, what I wouldn't give for that pleasure.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Tasing dumb people in wal mart, oh, what I wouldn't give for that pleasure.

It's not a sport, man. Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The booking photo confirms the lack of teeth, with the shifted, offset bite.

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
Sheesh, ya’d think that after hearing “Drop the knife!” 18 times and “Put the knife down!” 10 times that the young lady would comply with the most basic of instructions, especially since the officer was pointing a gun at her.

Rational and reason only works on sane and normal people! Wink
Ask me how I know this!!!!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
The booking photo confirms the lack of teeth, with the shifted, offset bite.

Well, that, but you could kinda see that in the body-worn cam. The mugshot tells a whole other chapter to the story. She's been picking at her face hardcore. I've heard it doesn't just make them itch, they think there's things crawling under their skin. I'll have to ask some friends tonight.

Hell of a drug. The tasing is funny, because she's so out of her mind. That picture makes me sad, though. I know she chose to do it, but good God, that is some awful shit.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Nice to see the effectiveness of the Taser. So many videos I have seen where they have been ineffective.

My understanding is clothing hampers a Taser's performance.

Only if the clothes prevent the darts from reaching flesh.

The Tasers are only effective (+/-) 50% of the time here in Chicago.

The larger the spread on the probes, with the more muscle mass between- the more effective the zap

The probes & barbs aren't that long, so yeah, clothing effects it A LOT!
Zapping someone here (Chicago) in January rarely goes well. It's really cold, and jackets, sweaters, sweat shirts hamper the probes from making contact with the skin.

Take a look at our bumbs (homeless) up here. Even in the summer they're wearing multiple layers of clothes. Unfortunately, dealing with a crazy bumb is when you NEED the taser to really work! It's either zapping them, or going "hands on" & using the nightstick. While extremely effective if used properly, breaking out "Mr Hickory" doesn't look good.

Which is a HUGE part of the problem- Optics.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post