SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I've been listening to ABBA for the past hour and a half while doing my books.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I've been listening to ABBA for the past hour and a half while doing my books. Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted
Don't judge me.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29722 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
No judging from me...

My favorite ABBA song, used to jam to it at The Starck Club in Dallas, 1985..

Posts: 4369 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
One more favorite....
That was some high tech video effects at the time in 1975... Big Grin

Posts: 4369 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I was gonna say SOS was my favorite. The first vinyl I ever purchased with my precious allowance was that album. I bought it at a mall next to the Star Ferry when we were visiting the island.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12748 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
And a spinoff from an ABBA member, Frida from 1982.
Sounds a lot like an ABBA song...

Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
And a spinoff from an ABBA member, Frida from 1982.
Sounds a lot like an ABBA song...

IIRC, that was produced by Phil Collins. Can hear a lot of his influence in there as well.
And I always thought Frida was the better looking of the two. Especially if you watch their Dancing Queen video. And to think, her father was a Wermach officer.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
A truly incredible success story.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I’d shoot myself but I respect your choice.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
We’ll be praying for you.....

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10495 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you find yourself transitioning to Duran Duran or Culture Club I'll start getting concerned.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I like ABBA too. “Fernando” and “Voulez-Vous” are among my favourites. I wonder if they ever released a song in the Swedish language.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8994 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
True confession; one of my "party" movies for New Year's Eve or when the mood strikes me is "ABBA The Movie" from '77.

Posts: 3226 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
When you come out of the closet admitting you listen to ABBA then ....... Eek

Posts: 22936 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
ABBA has 90 minutes of music? Listenable music? BS

Posts: 5346 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Does Your Mother Know?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
ABBA has 90 minutes of music? Listenable music? BS

Okay I confess I looped a few favorites. Doesn’t make me a bad person……or extra disco.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29722 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
ABBA, Air Supply, Chicago, REO Speedwagon, The Cars, Styx, Boston, etc., etc. The 70s and 80s had some good music.

Posts: 12473 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
No shame required.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Does Your Mother Know?

I see what you did there. Hahaha.

My and my brother grew up listening to ABBA in the car while we were with my mom and dad going somewhere. Not much I could do as I was just a kid in the 70's. There was also quite a bit of Neil Diamond played and my mom loved him.
Could be worse.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Every time I hear "Dancing Queen" I'm reminded of my English teacher from high School. He was a rather pasty welshman, and unwisely admitted that it was his favorite song. Our class gave him a lot of grief (about more than just his affinity for ABBA), but deep down we really liked him. He was a good dude, and a really good teacher. His class was better than any English class that I had in college, and set me up to breeze right through my writing and Lit classes.

It's funny how music (even terribe music!) can remind you of specific people or events from earlier in life.

Posts: 8633 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post