SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dashcam video from inside driver's car shows him shooting during road rage incident
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dashcam video from inside driver's car shows him shooting during road rage incident Login/Join 
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
I saw this on the teevee while working the other night. I thought it was live, up until the shooter's slick/polished/buffed-haired attorney gave his side of the story (i didn't hear one word).
I was already asking if FD/PD notified us of any incoming, & asked staff to ready supplies, ready T-bays, and listen/watch for guests.

Then I figured out all by my lonesome, dim-witted embarrassed self that if Wyatt Derp (definitely adopting this) had Bruce Cutler on the case, it was hindsight.

What a douchecanoe. It is pure 100% Pulp-Fiction luck we didn't have multiple innocents killed or in critical condition when this did happen. Anger isn't enough to describe the adrenaline dump and tension, & the potential carnage this should have caused. Thank God.

Posts: 1634 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Looking for updates on Peter Popper the Pistol Packer, I came across this article:

https://thearmsguide.com/19387...ge-and-gun-violence/

Looking around the website a bit, it appears to be a legitimate pro-Second Amendment site, but I have to say I am astonished that anyone who supports the right of Americans to keep and bear arms would use the term "gun violence.". Quite simply, there is no such thing as "gun violence". This term is used by the anti-gun crowd as a way of saying that shootings are a unique and special form of violence, apart from any other means of assaulting another person. The term is used as a way of degrading the rights of all people to possess firearms and to use firearms as a means of defense when called for, and as a way to restrict the rights of Americans to own and use firearms, and even as away to promote outright confiscation of firearms. No one who supports the individual's right to own and use firearms for self defense has any business using this term.
Additionally, criminal use of firearms is no different than criminal use with intent to harm, of knives, batons, automobiles, et cetera, or beatings or strangulation, which may take place with no mechanical assistance. Violence is violence. A legal, defensive shooting, too, is violence; it is, however, justified.

I'm inclined to ask these people just what they're doing propagating this anti-gun term, but since they are using it so freely, I feel as if the answer I would receive would be inadequate. They probably would find a way to rationalize their use of this term.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107794 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Orlando and Tampa aren't even close.

Well we are working hard on it, with the influx of people in the past year cfl has become even more difficult, we were already past the capabilities of the roads, even those that were recently upgraded.

They could run 8 lanes from Tampa to Orlando and it would still be messed up.. Someone always wants to own the left lane, and then the CFL 500 begins, like Daytona on the last lap..

Guy in GA brake checked a truck, caused a wreck and ended up with brain damage because he checked the wrong person then had to confront him, two people screwed up, one for life physically, the other pissed over the situation, road rage.

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/...4ONAT3O6RD2UWBVZREA/

Posts: 23618 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

Orlando and Tampa aren't even close.
About 84 miles via I-4.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30769 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Heck Para, go ahead and send them what you posted.

If they are what they are "About (us)", then they should thank you for knocking the poison cup from their lips.

Being they is mortal enemies of misinformation and the, such as....

About Us
TheArmsGuide.com is the mortal enemy of misinformation, extremes, corruption, fake news, racial division, environmental assaults, and the disarmament of Americans. TheArmsGuide.com curates, summarizes, and fact checks the day’s hottest news and views giving people a source of real American news that’s easier to trust.

"...It is not 100% clear what occurred next and who fired first. ..."

Um, only one person was shooting...

Sounds life pap or filler from someone having to get their "book report" in on time, after wasting away the entire weekend.

BTW
(I feel the same way about "hate crime" bullshit. It elevates some people (at the hands of those self appointed "evaluators" to a "greater status" and others to the outhouse with regard to hateful acts against anyone undeserving of such. And we all lose equity in the end.)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43938 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From yahoo news. . .

Charges Dropped Against Driver Who Opened Fire on I-95 in Miami

Fri, March 17, 2023 at 3:00 PM EDT

The Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office has dropped charges against Eric Popper, the driver who pulled out a handgun and shot at another driver through his own car on I-95 in Miami-Dade County. The road rage incident occurred in June 2021 but took a wild twist in January 2022. Dashcam footage from Popper’s Toyota Venza was given to the media. Popper’s attorney said the footage showed his client’s actions were in self-defense. The state attorney’s office agreed.

In 2021, Eric Popper cut off another driver while driving to work on I-95. The other driver began tailgating and honking his horn at the 30-year-old. Popper brake-checked him. The other driver pulled up alongside Popper, and this is where accounts diverged. The Florida Highway Patrol stated the other driver threw a water bottle. Popper claims it was gunfire, and he returned fire in kind. Whatever struck Popper’s crossover SUV can’t be seen in the video footage.

Eric Popper faced charges including aggravated assault with a firearm after the road rage incident. However, the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office recently dropped the charges against Popper. Popper’s attorney Robert Gershman has said that the charge was dropped because of Florida’s Stand Your Ground Law. Gershman told WPLG, “I think under the stand your ground law, Mr. Popper was perfectly reasonable and justified in his actions. There was no question when you look and listen to the facts of the case, Mr. Popper was shot at.”

Popper has told the media that he wants to move on. He told WPLG, “Hindsight is 20/20. There are always things we can look back and say we wish we could have done differently. Definitely, I would have done —would be to not have pumped my brakes. I would have taken another tactic. Definitely try to de-escalate a little better.” Hopefully, Popper wishes that he would not have pulled a handgun in traffic.

END

Posts: 3500 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
Popper’s attorney Robert Gershman has said that the charge was dropped because of Florida’s Stand Your Ground Law. Gershman told WPLG, “I think under the stand your ground law, Mr. Popper was perfectly reasonable and justified in his actions. There was no question when you look and listen to the facts of the case, Mr. Popper was shot at.”
What a crock of shit. You're making a mockery of the law. A crockery mockery!
quote:
Popper has told the media that he wants to move on. He told WPLG, “Hindsight is 20/20. There are always things we can look back and say we wish we could have done differently. Definitely, I would have done —would be to not have pumped my brakes. I would have taken another tactic. Definitely try to de-escalate a little better."
...orrrrrr maybe not pull your pistol and shoot wildly to slidelock? Nah, go with the brake-pumping thing, you spastic douchebag. You're an embarrassment to gunowners and the human race in general. You're the kind of boob who burns down his own house when trying to kill a spider.
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
"Motherfuckin' dashboard has disrespected me for the last time!!!"

Posts: 107794 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
From the article posted by Cookster:

quote:
Popper’s attorney Robert Gershman has said that the charge was dropped because of Florida’s Stand Your Ground Law. Gershman told WPLG, “I think under the stand your ground law, Mr. Popper was perfectly reasonable and justified in his actions.

The shooter and his lawyer may have been able to take advantage of Florida's Stand Your Ground law but Popper's actions were anything but reasonable.

That frantic unaimed mag dump while barely being control of his vehicle or his firearm is anything but reasonable.

It's truly remarkable that no one was injured. It's also unfortunate that cases like this, complete with corroborating video, will be used by the Anti-2A crowd to push back against Stand Your Ground laws.

Posts: 7328 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post