SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dashcam video from inside driver's car shows him shooting during road rage incident
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dashcam video from inside driver's car shows him shooting during road rage incident Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
I guess I am getting accustomed to certain groups not being charged because of their upbringing
What groups, man? Do we have to play 21 questions? Plain English, please.

Posts: 107765 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, as someone who's lived in Central Florida the majority of my life and watched firsthand how gun rights and concealed carry laws have evolved in Florida over time, I will tell you without hesitation, when this nitwit makes it to court, he's done. Floridians embrace self-defense, but this was not self defense. I've had several similar encounters with people in traffic with me cutting someone off or them cutting me off, even one where the offended guy drove up on my driveway at home to continue his verbal tirade, yet none of those encounters evolved into me shooting at or beating anyone (though the guy on my driveway did get close to a beating). This clown blew it on every level and is going to cost Florida taxpayers a truckload of money to fund his incarceration for many years to come.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
People are just over the top with mental issues today, the slightest thing sets people off, normal people react or do things you'd never expect.

You do hear a thump on the car as the guy behind passes, still no excuse for his reaction. Jail it will be, permits for carry poof gone.

Posts: 23604 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
You do hear a thump on the car as the guy behind passes, still no excuse for his reaction. Jail it will be, permits for carry poof gone.

That’s from the drink that got tossed. Someone zips by you, open window with a hand emerging from the vehicle, I can understand being somewhat alarmed. But the thing is, he already had the gun out by then. I agree with those saying he was looking to shoot someone, not defend himself. Guy needs prison time, and plenty of it.

Posts: 17232 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^
Yep.

He had made determined effort to retrieve the gun and braked checked the car the second time after he had retrieved the gun.

He was already tracking the car with the gun as it moved from behind him, and to his right, after initially taking the gun to the driver side when he thought the car may over take him on his left.

He had stepped of the pier of reason, at the last mile marker.

Some would like to see more video. I would bet more video would reveal more aggression by this character.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Motherfuckin' dashboard has disrespected me for the last time!!!"

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
He kilt it.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hopefully he will be prosecuted successfully

he is the exemplar for what the anti-gunners use to scare the public of 'armed gun nuts' out in public

=========================

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"Oh! Eric, not the livestock..."

Ol' Popper is a cattle rustler, too.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/...ws-found/7593087007/

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Grand Theft Bovine

This guy is something else.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

That’s from the drink that got tossed. Someone zips by you, open window with a hand emerging from the vehicle, I can understand being somewhat alarmed. But the thing is, he already had the gun out by then. I agree with those saying he was looking to shoot someone, not defend himself. Guy needs prison time, and plenty of it.

Exactly! He calmly got his gun out and ready WELL before the water bottle was thrown and hit his vehicle as they were passing him. If they were behind him pointing a gun at him, which caused him to get his gun out then that would be one thing. He was itching to use that gun and the water bottle set him off. MAYBE, he thought that water bottle was a gun shot but from what we know there was no other indication to him the people in the other vehicle were armed. He did the brake check, he got the gun out, and he fired the gun wildly. He was the aggressor.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8675 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Ol' Popper is a cattle rustler, too.

Doesn't appear to be the same guy. Road rage nut is said to be 30 where as the cattle thief is aged 20.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16262 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The article is from 2011

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The article is from 2011

Roll Eyes Damn! Big Grin Missed that by "this much." Sorry. Razz

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16262 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
It's Miami. Idiots be flagging each other with guns every day in the perimeter traffic. I commuted from Miramar to Coral Gables every damned day for 7 years. "Fucked Up" doesn't begin to describe it, and it's probably gotten worse in the 13 years since I left.

Cop I know down there told me he assumed every male between 17 and 35 was armed. We had guns pulled after fouls at pick-up basketball games.

Miami is a whole bucket of stupid.

Florida Man rules the roost of stupid for most of the country, but Miami Man is Florida Man's evolutionary result.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12800 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I heard a long time ago that the drivers suck in My-Yam-Eee!

By the way, I'm surprised at you guys- four pages deep in this thread and no one has tried to identify Wyatt Derp's pistol.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Well, since you brought it up... That's a Sig P365 SAS. One of the early ones with the ported barrel/slide.

The triple muzzle blast from the porting makes that still of the dashboard money shot even funnier.

Look at the cover photo for the video in the OP. Note the lack of front and rear sights sticking up, along with the two ports near the muzzle, and the clear fiber optic panel on top of the slide.

(Wonder if he's a forum member... Big Grin)

Posts: 32565 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wyatt Derp

The missus is wondering what I’m laughing about.

Posts: 4131 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wyatt Derp (I laughed out loud too when I read that!) just earned himself a lifetime disqualification of driving anyone’s kid in any type of car-pooling activity!

Posts: 3497 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Miami is a whole bucket of stupid.

I lived in Florida for three years and went to Miami once. I had dreams about a running gun battle on the interstate with people like the clown this thread is about on and off for years after that. Miami is a neat place, but holy balls the way people drive there is unnerving. Orlando and Tampa aren't even close.

Posts: 17232 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post