SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dashcam video from inside driver's car shows him shooting during road rage incident
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dashcam video from inside driver's car shows him shooting during road rage incident Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are you freakin' blind?

No Para, I see what you see. I also don't know what you don't and can't by watching the vid.

Does he have a defense. I do not know that either.

To assume that nothing on earth could of happened prior to him shooting in to the other car is making assumptions with out all the facts. Which none of us have either.

out.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19257 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
old rugged cross, do you carry?

Posts: 107792 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No, don't act like you don't see my post with this chickenshit "out" stuff.

Do you carry?

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Para, What I do or don't do in that regard is my business and no one else's.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19257 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
For anyone who thinks this was or could have been a righteous shoot and wonder how they would react in a similar situation, give some thought to tactics.

Even assuming that someone is actually shooting at you from another vehicle rather than just being a “thought,” is the best response to start firing wildly from inside one’s own vehicle? There are other, better responses, and the best is to try to maneuver one’s vehicle to get out of the line of fire. Even professional bodyguards are trained that as long as the vehicle is in motion, the driver’s responsibility is to drive.
Having a gun doesn’t always make exchanging shots the best idea, or even a very good one.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47423 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Para, What I do or don't do in that regard is my business and no one else's.
Well, if you don't- good. If you do, then, God help you.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/8gOhH1lVxDk

This video shows the guy break check, then accelerate (the "narrator" says the vehicle following hit him, but the item on the passenger seat moves forward from the braking, not from a rear impact, and then the item moves back as he accelerates) the following car honks, the guy then goes through several steps to retrieve his gun, (and indicates his intent before the vehicle moves to begin overtaking), then he brake checks again. Following with the shots.

This only re-enforces what folks are saying is serious dangerous dumbass action.

I did my best to "filter" out the narration when watching, and you only have to watch the first 20 seconds to get a better understanding to the video shown earlier.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43935 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
The guy needed to rear-end a stopped 18 wheeler at full speed, get a mouth full of rear bumper. Would have done society a great favor.
Nope. No trucker should have to go through the insurance ringer and potentially lose his job or pay more for insurance because some A-hole plowed into the back of him. This moron is headed to jail for a long time which is exactly the right outcome.

Agreed. Although it wouldn’t happen, what the guy needed was one of his bullets to ricochet back and hit him in the skull. Complete moron! I need to follow the court progress on this POS as I am curious of what will happen.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8686 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My takeaway: Every day, in any possible setting or circumstance, there is a good chance you will encounter someone willing to shoot you at the slightest provocation.
Be careful out there!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16147 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I have replayed the first shot over and over and can't tell if he was shot at first, just the way he ducts down like he is being shot at, either way what an idiot. Then to post it Roll Eyes

lot of crazies out there. wish I had a way to go frame to frame and see when the window was shattered.

Posts: 5610 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
What an idiot. Enjoy prison.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Interesting to see the shooter with the gun in right hand, still removed his left hand from the wheel for a few seconds, at two separate points in the dashcam video. He was obviously more focused on shooting than driving.

Several years ago we had a similar road rage incident, in which a female driver repeatedly cut off a male driver, then repeatedly changed lanes as the male driver pursued her, with both vehicles traveling in the same direction. He fired his gun out the driver's side window, the round travelled through the trunk of her car, through the rear seat, through the driver seat, entered her back and lodged in her spleen.

Glock 22, .40 S&W. The victim survived and recovered.

The shooter was a U.S. Army Iraq war veteran, who was being treated for PTSD and on probation for a previous vehicular homicide charge.

I knew him, he is a good kid at heart, and I was working to subtlety influence him and try to calm him down from his impulsive anger reaction. He received the max. sentence of 32 years in prison.

There is a lot of anger in our society today, and we should be prepared for violence to erupt quickly, including while driving.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
WTF did he have a dash cam recording inside his car? Was that his work vehicle?

Yea,that's what I would like to know...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8407 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Interesting to see the shooter with the gun in right hand, still removed his left hand from the wheel for a few seconds, at two separate points in the dashcam video. He was obviously more focused on shooting than driving.
Self driving cars. I can’t decide if this puts the check mark in the pro column or the con column.

Posts: 11045 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
quote:

This is common place for Lyft and Uber drivers. Likely does/did some sort of ride share.
Once you install a dash cam you kind of forget it is there until a situation arises and you need the video.
Mine does not record video pointed at me but I forget my dashcam is there a lot and gets some terrible singing in the audio.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25467 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
As far as the other guy goes, who drives around with a water balloon in their car?

The world is full of crazies.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5059 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
As far as the other guy goes, who drives around with a water balloon in their car?

High School kids. Summer time was not uncommon to have them in my car. Never know when you might see a buddy out.

Same with Nerf guns but we kept that to two different weeks for Nerf wars.
Winning a Nerf War week would fetch you $500 usually.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25467 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:

Expect it was a water bottle that was thrown.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
quote:

This is common place for Lyft and Uber drivers. Likely does/did some sort of ride share.
Once you install a dash cam you kind of forget it is there until a situation arises and you need the video.
Mine does not record video pointed at me but I forget my dashcam is there a lot and gets some terrible singing in the audio.

I have a dual camera setup, It gives great forward view and a decent picture of what's going on behind me. Why this setup? I am in a new vehicle every couple of months, I would hard wire two cameras if it were my personal vehicle

Posts: 5362 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
quote:

Black92LX
Thanks for the explanation.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8407 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post