SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Would you envoke Duluth’s No Bull Guarantee
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would you envoke Duluth’s No Bull Guarantee Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Since the High School days I had worn Wrangler jeans never paid more than $20 and those things lasted years. Outgrew most can only think of one pair that wore out but I wore those to work and crawled a lot on carpet in college.

About 2 years back I switched to Duluth jeans at the suggestion of the crew here.
They are a bit more comfortable thanks to the gusset and the material is a bit softer on the legs.

Well we are 2 years deep and I have a hole under the rear belt loop. I presume this is a stress point when sitting down because the waist stays high since it is held with the belt and the rest is pulled down when I sit.
The other issue is the left front pocket material has completely separated from the denim and is completely unusable.
The pocket material is the firehouse material that they tout as super strong.

I have envoked the guarantee on a pair of their underwear that blew a seam at less than 4 months.

I do understand that things just wear out over time but these jeans are less than 2 years old. I have 3 pair I rotate and I rarely wear them in the summer so in my mind they have not been worn all that often in all reality.
Compared to the Wranglers that some I had for 8 years and we’re still serviceable I just out grew them.

I think I am being reasonable in returning them. Would you all return them?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Yes.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Yes. They should last longer than you describe and you are clearly unhappy with them.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Absolutely!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
You bet I would. Particularly in light of the amount they charge for their stuff.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't know. Doing so could mean nuclear war, famine, pestilence, the end of mankind.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Time for a pole.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
Aren’t those like $70 a pair? Hell yes I’d return them.

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Seventy bucks for underwear????

That's probably the sum total I've spent on underwear for my entire adult life.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

No $70 for pants, u-trow are only $49.99

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know. Doing so could mean nuclear war, famine, pestilence, the end of mankind.

While I am picking up what you are putting down, here in recent years numerous notable companies to include LL BEAN have substantially changed or cut their lifetime guarantee/return policy to to over use and abuse.
I just don’t want to be a part of that problem.

quote:
Originally posted by rangemaster:
Aren’t those like $70 a pair? Hell yes I’d return them.

$60 but likely all Duluth it is overpriced and I don’t buy anything not on sale as they pretty much have a 20% sale every other week. Just have to be patient.
Their stuff fits me right so I’ll pay a bit more for that.

quote:

He is referring the the jeans.

The underwear is about $25 and I usually pay no more than $18. While a bit pricey they are well worth it.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I have fully adopted the Fire Hose work pants. So many pockets you can lose things. I prefer the original for outdoor work and shooting matches, but prefer the Duluth-flex version for everyday wear. The only thing I don't like about them is the zipper is too short. I have to loosen my belt and unbutton the pants just to take a leak. A minor gripe (which I've made them aware of), but not a deal breaker.

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trust me, I am a
Professional Engineer.
Picture of RespectTheAmish
posted Hide Post
quote:

The jeans are $70, however the underware is but much cheaper...

I would at least ask all they can say is no.

Posts: 482 | Location: Wish I was in Indy | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
No.

I'd sew the belt loop hole shut, and sew the pocket up. It would take about five minutes from my day, and give me something to do that didn't involve emails, phone calls, packaging, or standing in line with unwashed mouthbreathers at the local shipping outlet.

I also think that it's ridiculous for companies to have return policies on non-durable goods outside of 30 days.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Yes, return them for two reasons:

- The company has built their guarantee into the price of their garments.

- If this is a good company, meaning honest and wanting to make their products as solid as possible, then they want to see how their products are failing. If you are not doing anything unusual with these jeans, then the failure points you are experiencing are probably common. Duluth will want to know this so they can source different fabric and/or make construction changes to alleviate the problem.

Again, if they are a good company, you are doing them a favor.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I had a small issue with one of their products.

They were cheerful and solved the problem with grace.

Reorder time for more of their stuff is on my own to-do list.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
On their accounting page, it’s not a big loss for them if it’s even a loss at all. A loss of profit due to extra costs in processing returns, costs of inventory, etc perhaps but not much of a loss for them....there’s only a loss for you .... as in “loss of use”.

So sure, if that’s their guarantee then apply it. They’ll be happy to oblige you.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
The other issue is the left front pocket material has completely separated from the denim and is completely unusable.

This would probably make it up to the production manager. Ain't supposed to happen. I have jeans from '03 I still wear in rotation.

The wear under the belt hook. Keys diggin in?

I've been meaning to make it to a company store to check out alternatives to jeans. Maybe a shirt or two.

My skivvies are UnionMade from TheTradingCompany. Got tired of mismatched, stained *** collection, and bought 20, then 20 more in April 2013. In black. That way I can do one wash load of just underwear. Scented, of course :-) ***blood stains from athletic issues looks like ass smears; black underwear makes it moot.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I don’t buy anything not on sale as they pretty much have a 20% sale every other week. Just have to be patient.

I always have my Wish List filled out and wait for the 20% off and free shipping coupon to come along.

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

and crawled a lot on carpet in college.

Ummmm, care to elaborate?? Eek

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post