SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Would you envoke Duluth’s No Bull Guarantee
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would you envoke Duluth’s No Bull Guarantee Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I would E-mail customer service with a couple photos... nicely stating how lightly they have been used and that you are disappointed in their durability.

I would not be surprised if they sent you a new pair and let you keep the old, no return shipping required. Or maybe a coupon toward a future purchase.

I only buy from them during sales with added free shipping, makes it almost worth it. Almost.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would return them or notify them as mentioned above. Let us hear from you how this worked out.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
I would E-mail customer service with a couple photos...
Make sure the pic shows one nut hanging out ya draws.

To uhh...drive the point home, y'see.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Yes, return them for two reasons:

- The company has built their guarantee into the price of their garments.

- If this is a good company, meaning honest and wanting to make their products as solid as possible, then they want to see how their products are failing. If you are not doing anything unusual with these jeans, then the failure points you are experiencing are probably common. Duluth will want to know this so they can source different fabric and/or make construction changes to alleviate the problem.

Again, if they are a good company, you are doing them a favor.

Had not thought of that.

quote:
Originally posted by craglawnmanor:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

and crawled a lot on carpet in college.

Ummmm, care to elaborate?? Eek

I worked as an Audio Visual Technician in college and we were in charge of setting up the conference/banquet areas so lots of crawling under the stage and tables to run cables and what not. The rooms were carpeted.

quote:
I would E-mail customer service with a couple photos... nicely stating how lightly they have been used and that you are disappointed in their durability.

I would not be surprised if they sent you a new pair and let you keep the old, no return shipping required. Or maybe a coupon toward a future purchase.

I only buy from them during sales with added free shipping, makes it almost worth it. Almost.

Easy enough for me to drop them by the store.

quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
I would return them or notify them as mentioned above. Let us hear from you how this worked out.

I have no doubt they will replace them without issue. Just trying to gauge whether 2 years out on a pair of jeans would be seen as stretching it in terms of a wear item.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

The gusset stitching is still firmly attached.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25423 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I typically get more than two years out of a pair of Walmart’s $9.97 Rustler jeans wearing them 2 or 3 days a week and washing them after each day of wear. I sweats freely.

Posts: 26908 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I don't know about this Duluth stuff but I'm just amazed you get 8 years out of Wranglers. Big Grin

I may get almost 2 years.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm wearing underwear that I bought in 2008.

Should I check the guarantee?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm wearing underwear that I bought in 2008.

Should I check the guarantee?

Is this proof that the seldom wash and positional rotation, front to back inside out program works?
Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
It's okay for you to return them.

What I don't get are people returning tvs they bought for the superbowl along with the sofa.

I also don't get people using the one year guarantee on plants. I don't get why stores like Lowes offer that guarantee. A year for a plant to continue to live???

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19664 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
I’ve got company provided uniforms. Mostly Cintas but a few Red Hat too. These cannot be worn out, I am not kidding either. That a pair of $70 lifetime warranted pants can’t go two years is bullshit.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5151 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reflex/deflex 64:
That a pair of $70 lifetime warranted pants can’t go two years is bullshit.
Yes, indeed.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Do you wear them every other day while crawling through barbed wire and broken glass? If so, don't return them.

If you wear them once a week while driving to Wal-Mart and watching TV, return them.

In between those extremes - you know what is right. Do that.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

This may be the absolute funniest "response from Para" I've seen yet. Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
quote:

This may be the absolute funniest "response from Para" I've seen yet. Big Grin

That ain't Para. That there's Foghorn Leghorn. But yeah, I've been chuckling since pg. 1. Big Grin

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hammer1967
posted Hide Post
I had a pair of ballroom jeans that the zipper would not stay up.
I bought them on sale with free shipping. Contacted Duluth for an exchange. At the time I contacted them the ballroom jeans were not on sale. Duluth would not just swap them out for a new pair. My choices were return for a full refund or return the jeans and pay the difference which was 20% for a new pair.

I went for the refund. That has been a few years ago.

If Jesus would have had a gun he would be alive today. Homer Simpson
“Him plenty dead” Tonto

Posts: 1090 | Location: TN | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, my vintage tighty whities have witnessed the pageant of human history.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
You want to return a pair of two year old pants?
I'm also having a problem with your never wearing out a pair of wranglers... in my work I'm lucky if a pair of pants last 3 months with out getting a hole or tear in them....

Gez.. sew up the hole and get on with it....

I do think their Buck naked undies are over rated... if for no other reason... they are polyester... now their socks are pretty dern good.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I return Dickie's all the time. As they wear out I put them on a shelf in my closet. Once I get to five pairs I call customer service and get RMA and order another five pairs. That way I always have ten pairs and the worn out pile starts afresh. The new purchase arrives at my door in 3-4 days and the returns in three weeks. I abuse the hell out of them, climbing through attics, crawlspaces, on the floor and carrying tools in the pockets. It's priced into the pants, most just throw them out when a seem pulls apart, they likely have very few people follow up.

I think it's insane to offer lifetime guarantee on work pants, but they do, and I take advantage of it. If I cut them or snag them on something they go in trash, but all that have simply worn out are saved until I hit five pairs, I do this to save on shipping because you do have to pay for shipping on their guarantee.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I return Dickie's all the time. As they wear out I put them on a shelf in my closet. Once I get to five pairs I call customer service and get RMA and order another five pairs. That way I always have ten pairs and the worn out pile starts afresh. The new purchase arrives at my door in 3-4 days and the returns in three weeks. I abuse the hell out of them, climbing through attics, crawlspaces, on the floor and carrying tools in the pockets. It's priced into the pants, most just throw them out when a seem pulls apart, they likely have very few people follow up.

I think it's insane to offer lifetime guarantee on work pants, but they do, and I take advantage of it. If I cut them or snag them on something they go in trash, but all that have simply worn out are saved until I hit five pairs, I do this to save on shipping because you do have to pay for shipping on their guarantee.

I was not aware Dickinson warranted their work wear. I may have to look into that. I could never justify paying Duluth prices.

Any particular model of duckies you like?

I'm sure Para is going to have more fun with that question Smile

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ubelongoutside:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

I was not aware Dickinson warranted their work wear. I may have to look into that. I could never justify paying Duluth prices.

Any particular model of duckies you like?

I'm sure Para is going to have more fun with that question Smile

https://www.dickies.com/pants/...283_color=CH#start=1

$30 not $70 too.

ETA Just googled it, I do not see the lifetime guarantee anymore. I last did exchange/purchase as described above ~1 year ago. They may have changed policy?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post