SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You have 3 weeks to solve this riddle to win this **P228** ----> ***Winner = nshumway***
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You have 3 weeks to solve this riddle to win this **P228** ----> ***Winner = nshumway*** Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest:
Mascots of Houston HS teams.

Tried that, ruled it out. No Bears, Bruin's or any derivative of them I could ascertain. Your results may vary though.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8114 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no clue... Do I win? Big Grin

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Pets that jhe888 brings a little ray of sunshine to every day.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
These four friends represented by these four mascots will team up with 12131 and will start a scholarship program at a school in Houston Texas.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Not a freaking clue. You guys have covered everything I could think of. If it comes down to the Karmanator. Throw me in.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8856 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Terms of endearment the orangutan used when referring to the Astros infield during game five of the 2017 World Series.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The order of the four schools that 12131 has arranged for the epic reunion tour of Para's band "Bad Mayonnaise", which will end in Houston with a YUGE bash on Christmas Eve...with all proceeds going to fund the invasion of Denmark (or what ever country in that region...I can't remember)...where a school will be set up to teach civics...

Hey...it could happen!

Now...I will have another cup of coffee and ponder these clues further...probably to the point of not remembering to eat until Christmas Eve Razz

Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These four friends represented by those mascots...have/will join with 12131 to establish a school or program to which they will volunteer their time and resources to help those of Vietnamese/Asian descent legally wanting to become American citizens reach that goal...

And y'all are mentors.

Jimmy Buffet

Picture of Rictafer
posted Hide Post
Are they the mascots of your kindergarten, Middle school, high school, and college!?!?

Posts: 27 | Location: Southeast Connecticut  | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure I know the answer but I want to see if anyone else has it too before I post it publicly.

Please include me in the karma -- I love these threads of yours!

Posts: 5075 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
they grew up with orangutan, and are his cousins
went to different schools in texas, they are all from Houston

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2014 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
You're the Orangutan. JALLEN is the Longhorn (which he used to have for his avatar). Clubleaf is the Tiger. And I'm assuming the cougar and bear also refer to other members, based on their current/former avatar photos.

So you have in common that you're all members of this forum, and I'm guessing you all attended the same school in Houston?

Posts: 32536 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
*Clue #5*: MASCOTS. Yes, mascots. So, if you're thinking zoo, you're way off. Here's another hint. Each successive clue is supposed to help you narrow things down. Wink

Btw, I'm loving all the attempts, so far. Razz

Q

Posts: 26436 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Okay, next guess:

You're still the Organgutan.

The other four animals all represent colleges that are located in Houston, or who have satellite campuses in Houston:

University of Texas Longhorns - UTHealth School of Nursing

University of Houston Cougars

Texas Southern University Tigers

Baylor University Bears - Baylor College of Medicine

My guess is that you've either attended classes at, or worked at, all four of those colleges, or at hospitals affiliated with all four of those colleges? (IIRC, you were/are employed in the healthcare field.)

Or alternately, you've had medical procedures performed at hospitals in Houston affiliated with all four of those colleges?

Posts: 32536 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are all friends of yours that have dressed up in the mascot costumes of their respective schools...

They dressed up as Orbit the Houston Astro's mascot...

Jimmy Buffet

Picture of Rictafer
posted Hide Post
Are they the names of the mascots you recommended for the four school that changed there "offensives" mascots??

Posts: 27 | Location: Southeast Connecticut  | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All five if y'all have dressed as mascots from your respective schools...and represented your schools in the Houston Astro's World Series parade...

Now I'm obsessing Big Grin

Jimmy Buffet

Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
They are mascots for colleges you've (orangatan) either attended or taught at.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1907 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You were the guy in the mascot suit when you attended each of the schools.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are the physician who treated Dallas Keuchel's injured foot and the other four are serving their residency at the hospital under you...

NOW...I'm really obsessing Wink Razz

Jimmy Buffet