SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You have 3 weeks to solve this riddle to win this **P228** ----> ***Winner = nshumway***
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You have 3 weeks to solve this riddle to win this **P228** ----> ***Winner = nshumway*** Login/Join 
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
They're all registered Democrats?

Posts: 3455 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
*Clue #3*: HOUSTON

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Houston Zoo and they are all omnivores.

BTW, I have the exact chair (fabric) that you used to take the pic of the 228.

My kukri knife...

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
There are statues of each at Hermann Park.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1906 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
They are avatars that you have used.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4788 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
For me, the mammal-guess by shovelhead was what popped up in my mind. But, he already handled that on the first page. Got to hand it to 12131, a most generous riddle!!! I look forward to learning the result!

I am out of the running. Just enjoying the show, and I must give kudos to 12131. The man is generous and a very cool dude. He loves our Vets and that is all that matters in the long run.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skonie
posted Hide Post
A team of medical doctors from the universities whose mascots are part of the clue (Baylor, UT, Texas Southern, and UH) save the life of an orangutan housed at the Houston Zoo.

Posts: 1513 | Location: NV | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
All the letters in the word orangutan are included in the words longhorn, tiger cougar and bear.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
Friends in your bible study group.

Posts: 1926 | Location: Midwest | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
They all live at the Houston Zoo, with the Naked Mole Rat!

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The longhorn, a tiger, a cougar, and a bear were all orphans that an orangutan at the Houston zoo helped raise. They are adopted brothers/sisters and the orangutan is the adopted mother.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
All made their debut in the Houston zoo.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14010 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
They are all statues at Hermann Park in Houston near the zoo.

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
They are the school mascots of your closest friends who will all meet up for a Christmas party in three weeks in Houston.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
They all live in the same place at the zoo.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14010 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
These are four SIGForum members who have escaped from behind enemy lines back into the Free State of Texas from where they are originally from and have taken advantage of your "escape from behind enemy lines" KARMA...you will all meet up in Houston before Christmas.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
They are all mammals, if friends are assumed to be humans

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They're all residents at the Houston zoo.

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All these animals are in the zoo but are also found in Asia.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Pumpkin, the orangutan at the Houston Zoo, came from Jackson Mississippi. Jackson Mississippi is also the home of Jackson State College whose nickname is the Tigers and mascot is Bengal the Tiger. Notable alumni include: Walter Payton who played for the Bears. And, well I got nothing.

Posts: 10946 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post