SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hurricane Ida....everyone be safe!!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hurricane Ida....everyone be safe!! Login/Join 
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Air conditioning- the greatest invention evaar

After the record heat wave we had this summer in the NW I have to agree with this. Still, there were a number of deaths attributed to the heat. I can't imagine what people are going through in the wake of Ida right now.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am 30 miles to the West of Houma, they took a beating as did most of South East La. We had 70+ MPH winds and very little rain BLESSED by GOD and praying for a quick recovery. Gas lines here have been crazy long and all stations are running out.
One of our local Exxon stations got 8500 gal's Sunday morning (9-5-21) at 5am, 12:30 we were out!! Eek

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kcl1960:
I am 30 miles to the West of Houma, they took a beating as did most of South East La. We had 70+ MPH winds and very little rain BLESSED by GOD and praying for a quick recovery. Gas lines here have been crazy long and all stations are running out.
One of our local Exxon stations got 8500 gal's Sunday morning (9-5-21) at 5am, 12:30 we were out!! Eek

Up until a few months ago we were delivering meds to nursing homes in Houma and Patterson and New Iberia. And over to Slidell.

Posts: 13022 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been driving around for work this week

LaPlace is trashed
Luling to Boutte to Houma and all towns between, are trashed. There are few structures that did not sustain damage of some sort

they were still clearing trees off the right lane of US90 today. obvious the wind level, Lots of the trees are snapped and topped at 12-15ft.

Will be a while before power is restored, 1 of 4 poles still standing in some areas

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6236 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
quote:
LaPlace is trashed

Yes... yes it is. I live in LaPlace and teach at Destrehan High... both places simply got whacked. I did get some encouraging news from the Service Master guy today. Looks like not all.of my ceiling drywall and foam insulation will need to be ripped out. Also, it looks like I might not have as severe a problem as I thought with some electrical circuits. I'll take any good news at this point

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post