SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How long do you think you can survive without food AND water at your current age and state of health?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
How long do you think you can survive without food AND water at your current age and state of health? Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I can survive without food and water for the rest of my life.






"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" ✡ Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא עוד
 
Posts: 46615 | Location: Box 1663 Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Hunger goes away in about three days, so lack of food isn't a big deal for a couple weeks beyond your brains desire for a grilled ham and cheese.

Water, on the other hand.... Since my well pump went out, I've determined that I cannot live without water for more than about a day and a half. I need a shower. I'm starting to get a little ripe. Big Grin


________________________________________________________
It is long past time for a Convention of States. The Founding Fathers gave us this tool to fix an out of control government and we need to use it.
 
Posts: 23114 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I don't think I would last long without water.

However, I've gone 42 days without food and am confident I could go much longer than that.

V.
 
Posts: 329 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

What in the heck were the circumstances that left you without food for 6 weeks?
 
Posts: 9348 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
There's a BIG difference btwn lying around without food and doing hard work without food.

Personally I've gone 4 days without food while climbing, trekking, skiing back to a food cache.

We estimated the trip to the cache would take 2 or 2 1/2 days.... but the lack of food caused our performance to degrade so seriously that the journey took 4 days. And it was a MISERABLE 4 days.


----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell
 
Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I'm perpetually dehydrated. I have low blood pressure from the low fluid volume. I get headaches and a dry cough by bedtime if I skip my afternoon workout where I pretty much force myself to drink 2-3 quarts of water.
 
Posts: 13071 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How long do you think you can survive without food AND water at your current age and state of health?

© SIGforum 2026