SIGforum
How long do you think you can survive without food AND water at your current age and state of health?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5510007644

September 07, 2018, 01:09 AM
sigmonkey
How long do you think you can survive without food AND water at your current age and state of health?
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I can survive without food and water for the rest of my life.







"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" ✡ Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא עוד
September 07, 2018, 01:22 AM
Gustofer
Hunger goes away in about three days, so lack of food isn't a big deal for a couple weeks beyond your brains desire for a grilled ham and cheese.

Water, on the other hand.... Since my well pump went out, I've determined that I cannot live without water for more than about a day and a half. I need a shower. I'm starting to get a little ripe. Big Grin


________________________________________________________
It is long past time for a Convention of States. The Founding Fathers gave us this tool to fix an out of control government and we need to use it.
September 07, 2018, 06:29 AM
White Phosphorus
I don't think I would last long without water.

However, I've gone 42 days without food and am confident I could go much longer than that.

V.
September 07, 2018, 06:51 AM
MNSIG
^^^^^

What in the heck were the circumstances that left you without food for 6 weeks?
September 07, 2018, 09:34 AM
Yanert98
There's a BIG difference btwn lying around without food and doing hard work without food.

Personally I've gone 4 days without food while climbing, trekking, skiing back to a food cache.

We estimated the trip to the cache would take 2 or 2 1/2 days.... but the lack of food caused our performance to degrade so seriously that the journey took 4 days. And it was a MISERABLE 4 days.


----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell
September 07, 2018, 09:37 AM
Aeteocles
I'm perpetually dehydrated. I have low blood pressure from the low fluid volume. I get headaches and a dry cough by bedtime if I skip my afternoon workout where I pretty much force myself to drink 2-3 quarts of water.