SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How long do you think you can survive without food AND water at your current age and state of health?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How long do you think you can survive without food AND water at your current age and state of health? Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I can survive without food and water for the rest of my life.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44463 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Hunger goes away in about three days, so lack of food isn't a big deal for a couple weeks beyond your brains desire for a grilled ham and cheese.

Water, on the other hand.... Since my well pump went out, I've determined that I cannot live without water for more than about a day and a half. I need a shower. I'm starting to get a little ripe. Big Grin

Posts: 20569 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think I would last long without water.

However, I've gone 42 days without food and am confident I could go much longer than that.

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

What in the heck were the circumstances that left you without food for 6 weeks?

Posts: 9023 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
There's a BIG difference btwn lying around without food and doing hard work without food.

Personally I've gone 4 days without food while climbing, trekking, skiing back to a food cache.

We estimated the trip to the cache would take 2 or 2 1/2 days.... but the lack of food caused our performance to degrade so seriously that the journey took 4 days. And it was a MISERABLE 4 days.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I'm perpetually dehydrated. I have low blood pressure from the low fluid volume. I get headaches and a dry cough by bedtime if I skip my afternoon workout where I pretty much force myself to drink 2-3 quarts of water.

Posts: 13063 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post