SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    U.S. Women’s Soccer Team disgraces America…
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

U.S. Women’s Soccer Team disgraces America… Login/Join 
posted
And yet these ungrateful SOB’s demand equal pay and respect.

The disrespectful miscreants should be kicked off the team ASAP!

“Several members of the US women’s soccer team turn their backs while 98 year-old World War II veteran Pete DuPre plays the National Anthem on his harmonica.”

Article and video at Citizen Free Press

Mr. DuPre’s harmonica rendition of the Star Spangled Banner is beautiful.

I would have loved to see him walk over to the anti-American American’s and kick their ignorant asses!

Posts: 3466 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Gross bitches. Contemptible trash.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I heard an interesting theory about sports and social justice issues. The theory is that all sports have become nothing more than television soap operas. Each season has a theme to the show. Most of all, the government is pumping so much money into sports right now, that them losing their base doesn’t matter. They still get paid.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The whole team ?

your title implies the entire team disgraces the USA.

----------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
And the problem is...?

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
The whole team ?

----------

"Team definition is - a number of persons associated together in work or activity"

The US Womens Soccer Team did indeed disgrace America. Sure as hell, they did. All of them deserve the same shame

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
The coach should've benched every single one that was disrespectful or forfeit the game another spineless bastard.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
The whole team ?

Are they still on the team? Were they allowed to play? If so: The team allowed it. Did any of the other players walk off in protest? If not: They supported the team's position. So, yes: The whole team.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
The whole team ?

Are they still on the team? Were they allowed to play? If so: The team allowed it. Did any of the other players walk off in protest? If not: They supported the team's position. So, yes: The whole team.

wrong

i agree it's improper not to show due respect esp. when representing our nation on the world stage

but implying the entire team is tainted is flat out incorrect and smacks of sensationalism that makes the poster seem ignorant. title thread does not correctly convey the whole truth

-----------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Bullshit! They are a 'team'....They win or lose together, as a team! Players should be benched if not outright removed from the roster. If team captains (leaders??) were involved, then yes, that team as a whole is an absolute disgrace and undeserving of the privilege to represent this great country! Mad

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8786 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

wrong

i agree it's improper not to show due respect esp. when representing our nation on the world stage

but implying the entire team is tainted is flat out incorrect and smacks of sensationalism that makes the poster seem ignorant. title thread does not correctly convey the whole truth

-----------------

You seemed confused. I can only assume by your statement that you've never been a part a real team. All of these women are disgraced. Every last one of them.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Take it easy with the assumptions, please. There's no need to get personal.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:

-----------------
As someone who has coached a bunch of boy's athletic teams over time, I can tell you without hesitation...you're flat out wrong. If one of the kids (or more) on one of my teams did something that disgraced the team and I did nothing about it, then it is assumed I condoned it and the entire team is viewed as disgraceful. This women's soccer team is just that...disgraceful. The offending garbage should have been cut from the roster, bagged up, and set home. The coach and/or team manager refusing to do that loses the team any benefit of the doubt, and buys them as a group my scorn.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
I agree with Balze. Each individual player's actions reflect on the entire team.
It's a cliché, but the fact that there is no "I" in team is true.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolute scum of the earth are these sub-humans. I mean every single one of them that is on that team; from the coach to the assistants including each and every player; silence is acceptance. They are in that area to represent the United States, not themselves.

It might be a trite saying but there is no I in team.

Silent

Posts: 1019 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
You'd think they'd understand the concept of bad optics but with no one watching their shit, maybe not.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Response from US Soccer

No, U.S. Women’s soccer team did not disrespect a WWII veteran playing national anthem Read more here: <a href="https://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/article252588388.html#storylink=cpy%5B/URL%5D" target="_blank">https://www.star-telegram.com/...#storylink=cpy</a>

“Not true. No one turned their back on WWII Veteran Pete DuPré during tonight’s anthem,” the U.S. Soccer Comms Twitter feed posted. “Some USWNT players were simply looking at the flag on a pole in one end of the stadium. The players all love Pete, thanked him individually after the game and signed a ball for him.”

In fact, U.S. Soccer later posted video of each player thanking the veteran, sitting in a wheelchair before they loaded the team bus after the game. “This is respect. Each and every player waited for their opportunity to come up to Pete post-game before getting on the bus, said hello, thanked him and signed his ball,” U.S. Soccer posted.

I’m hoping this version is true.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
From the “For what it’s worth” file…

No, U.S. Women’s soccer team did not disrespect a WWII veteran playing national anthem Read more here: <a href="https://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/article252588388.html#storylink=cpy%5B/URL%5D" target="_blank">https://www.star-telegram.com/...#storylink=cpy</a>

“Not true. No one turned their back on WWII Veteran Pete DuPré during tonight’s anthem,” the U.S. Soccer Comms Twitter feed posted. “Some USWNT players were simply looking at the flag on a pole in one end of the stadium. The players all love Pete, thanked him individually after the game and signed a ball for him.”

In fact, U.S. Soccer later posted video of each player thanking the veteran, sitting in a wheelchair before they loaded the team bus after the game. “This is respect. Each and every player waited for their opportunity to come up to Pete post-game before getting on the bus, said hello, thanked him and signed his ball,” U.S. Soccer posted.

I’m hoping this version is true.

I watched the video and was a little confused. The women that had their backs to the veteran also had their hands over their hearts. I assumed that there was a US flag in the direction they were looking.

Others on the team just seemed to have a "get on with it" attitude.

Posts: 1038 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
^^
Yeah, I tried to look up other sources and I can't tell what's going on by the video/pics.
I'm not a fan of the U.S. women's soccer team but and wish there was more coverage.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, wouldn't be the first time I've been duped by the media.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)