SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sarah Sanders is kicked out of restaurant because “she works for POTUS.”
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sarah Sanders is kicked out of restaurant because “she works for POTUS.” Login/Join 
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
Not to bring this back up but does anyone know if they did open back up?

Do you read the shit that people post? If you did you would have found the answer to your question.

:shakeshead:

Yeah I did dickhead.
All that was said was that there was a sign in the window claiming that the placed was booked...

Well if it's private party booking that means the doors are locked and chained shut and the curtains are drawn or the windows are covered in paper but it couldn't possibly mean they were open and the kitchen putting out orders, could it?

Posts: 4079 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
OK, flashlight and smisig, be nice. Don't make me stop the car and come back there.

And do NOT tell me "he started it!"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Thanks V...

Sorry bud.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6319 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone have any updates on this dive commonly known as the Red Hen? Are they still open and in business?? Is big mouth Stephanie Wilkinson still preaching her hate?

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I read they had reopened.

However, if you call their number for reservations, there is a Verizon message that says the number has "calling restrictions" that don't allow the call to be completed.

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie:
Anyone have any updates on this dive commonly known as the Red Hen? Are they still open and in business?? Is big mouth Stephanie Wilkinson still preaching her hate?

They are boasting that they are fully booked up with reservations till the end of the year or so and I noticed they ditched their old Facebook page and created a new one.

Oh and they cleaned their filthy exterior, thanks Trump! Big Grin

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
orig seen at CT

https://www.usnews.com/news/be...d-hen-denied-sanders

LEXINGTON, Va. (AP) — A small town in Virginia is trying to recover its image after The Red Hen restaurant famously refused to serve President Donald Trump's spokeswoman, Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

The Roanoke Times reported Sunday that a regional tourism board is pulling together emergency funds to boost its digital marketing campaign.

Normally that money is saved. But officials agreed the region is in desperate need of positive coverage.

The tourism board serves Lexington, where The Red Hen is located, and other communities that are about three hours from Washington.

The Red Hen incident in June prompted thousands of a calls and emails to the tourism office. They're still coming in. The office received a letter on Thursday from a Georgia family that wrote to say it would never return because of what happened.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

related:

https://www.roanoke.com/news/l...c7-8798a867588a.html

Lexington-area tourism group beefs up marketing in wake of Red Hen controversy

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I was just in Lexington. Nice town. I did not eat at the Red Hen.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
Just read that the town has a marked loss in tourism dollars this year. I wonder if all the other business owners that are feeling the hurt are privately (or even publicly at this point) calling out the Red Hen owners for their idiocy.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Use their bathroom and leave them an "upper-decker".

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
*86* does not mean throw it out. it simply means out of. ie: running a special for the shift and when there are no more portions to sell it is *86'd* as an FYI. "86 the Poached Salmon, etc"

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5297 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is 86'd?
When used as a verb, eighty-six, eighty-sixed, 86, 86ed, or 86'd is American English slang for getting rid of something, ejecting someone, or refusing service.
Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/86_(term)

Posts: 3384 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Of the 7 Restaurants Ive either dishwashed, busboy, waited tables, managed or was the GM, 86 meant it was out of. In fact in the kitchen there would be dry boards or white boards where cooks would write down what we were out of. Thanks for the Wikipedia reference though.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5297 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Lest we forget, Wikipedia is based on individuals’ knowledge and understanding. Neither it nor any published reference such as a word dictionary is a revelation from on high as if they were handed down on stone tablets from a mountaintop. All we can be certain of when we read any such reference is that it’s a reflection of what at least one person believes he knows. Plus the definition of many words and expressions is completely dependent upon their context. Publishers, explosives handlers, and shooters may all think of different things when they see the word “magazine.”

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Wikipedia isn't the only reference out there that agrees with this definition. A search on any search engine gives both definitions at multiple sites.

Posts: 3384 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K0ZZZ:
Just read that the town has a marked loss in tourism dollars this year. I wonder if all the other business owners that are feeling the hurt are privately (or even publicly at this point) calling out the Red Hen owners for their idiocy.

Reading the article would indicate that the Red Hen may not be doing that well after all, as well as the other merchants. I have no sympathy for these people as they reap what they sow. I think the owner on the Red Hen should just move back to New York where she would be happier amongst her people.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Good.

“Get woke,go broke.”

I don’t know if Ace at Ace of Spades came up with that, but it is proving to be true.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I think this say A LOT about the person Sarah Huckabee Sanders is. If this is in the wrong place, please delete...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
The left think they are "doing something".
Reprehensible acts are often disguised by intentions people have convinced themselves are good.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39757 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post