SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Snow coming for the South..
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snow coming for the South.. Login/Join 
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
So where is all that Global Warming?

flashguy

Well it was 72 degrees on Christmas day in Atlanta.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Weather reports are saying that the temperature is going to drop down to 45 degrees on Saturday night in my part of the country. Damn...that is cold.

Posts: 471 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm headed to Orange Beach, AL from Raleigh tomorrow. I'm not at all upset that I'm going to miss this crappy weather.

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
I am leaving for Orlando this afternoon. Not coming back until Tuesday. By then all the snow in Charlotte will be water.

Still trying to talk the wife into going to the Mecum auto auction in Kissimmee. Not having a lot of luck.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It's going to be an ice storm. Not even the most seasoned yankees can drive in that as evidenced by the most entertaining youtube videos.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well....the Earths core has been on a cooling trend for the past 16 years. Wink

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it. Yay! 1-3" won't be enough.

Just finished installing a locker in the truck, it makes a significant contribution to traction. Along with the Mud Claws in stock 17" tires I believe I could get around easily in most of it.

At least I can get off the wet grass in my yard, now. It slopes 10 feet in 70 from front to back. It took me hand winching it for 8 hours to get to gravel one day. I installed a winch but the rule of 4WD is that a locker will make it useless plus the weather won't get real bad for another winter. Which is what is happening.

It is fun to cruise the dirt access road to the creek and just plow thru all the huge dips and puddles. That and our shared dirt lane to the pavement is about all that is left in this county now.

Well of course I laid down some stripes in front of my neighbors place. He's got a Jeep.

Let it snow let it snow let it snow.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The overnight low is forecast to be down to 29° F here in the Orlando area, middle of the coming week. My usual shorts and T-shirt probably won't work too well that day.

Most years, we never see anything below freezing.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Ice Ice Baby

North GA, TN, VA and NC you're fooked

From WXSOUTH

The storm will drop serious snow totals on Tennessee, esp Middle and lower sections, west of the Plateau. The eastern part of TN will have mixed, or even rain at times, thanks to how the flow over the mountains of NC downslope (warm) around Knoxville, but later Sunday will go back to snow.
The upper low travels through a good spot in middle Mississippi and Alabama to wrap around snowfall there, with some accumulation there, but a foot of snow is likely far northeast Georgia, and the Spine of the Apps in western NC, western VA and West Virginia.
The Piedmont of VA, NC, SC is complicated and changeable, with snow initially stretching across the RVA south to Triad, down to the Upstate, but quickly goes to sleet, then freezing rain very near the 85 corridor around the Triangle south to the Upstate and into northeast side of Atlanta. The icestorm will be the big story in the piedmont of NC, upper SC when all is said and done.
Image from PivotalWx.com European Model Snowfall

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Skirting around much of WI, kinda lite Winter so far. We’re gaining about two minutes of sun a day, one in the morning, one with sunset.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Grocery store check list: bread, milk, toilet paper

You forgot the eggs. Or maybe that’s just a STL thing?!? Wink

Posts: 2156 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Still trying to talk the wife into going to the Mecum auto auction in Kissimmee. Not having a lot of luck.

Do it, it's an amazing thing to see, we plan on going down Saturday.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Groceries in the pantry, gas in the cars, shovel at the ready.

So long as we don't lose power, I'll be content to build a fire in the patio fire pit, stuff a couple of beverages into the snow next to it, and get to shoveling and snowman building. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Stocked up on provisions, generator working, still gotta test fire the chainsaw, gas cans full. That means we’ll probably have 70s and sunny this weekend.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I went without power for a week after the last storm on the 3rd. I have fuel, changed the oil in the generator, stocked up on wood for the stove and food. I guess I'm as ready as I'm going to be.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6474 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It's only gonna be a 6 loafer.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
You forgot the eggs. Or maybe that’s just a STL thing?!?

It's an everywhere thing. People must be making a shit-ton of French toast.

My street is a dead end. I can't wait to test out the locking diff in my ACTY.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
The potentially worst areas appear to be WV and Western PA late Sunday, where the storm will drop most of its wintry mix after picking up moisture from the Gulf.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Just spent half of my Saturday and what little of my youth I have left last weekend clearing up all of the fallen cedar from my mothers yard. Don't look forward to doing it again.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post