SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A thought occurred to me: What would this forum have been like for the past few years if management did not fully support Donald Trump?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A thought occurred to me: What would this forum have been like for the past few years if management did not fully support Donald Trump? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
What do you think this place would be like if I were one of those Trump haters who are jealous of the man?

What if I constantly put him down, discouraged positive discussion of the man and his accomplishments as POTUS?

Posts: 107839 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Average IQ would drop to low double digits.

Posts: 5760 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Likely, empty.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31506 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I think many would not be here, or very few would participate as much as they do. This forum is a bastion of sanity.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10924 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Frankly, I'd be gone. And I'm sure many others would also.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16749 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Well...

You probably wouldn't have had to put up with as much of my bull shit.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17471 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Awful lot less folks would be here.

Posts: 2784 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Crickets

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3983 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I would not participate in a forum that routinely falsely attacked Donald Trump.

He was the greatest President of my lifetime. And hopefully he will be again.

I will never forget that evening and early morning of the November 2016 election.

still hangs on my office wall:

Posts: 19623 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Same thing that happened to a bunch of other forums.

Woops!

Posts: 5165 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I'm sure the Forum would still have a lot of members.

I'm sure it would be a petty, mean-spirited, and hateful place.

I KNOW I would not have stuck around, and I'm sure most of us wouldn't be here, either.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21856 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Like any group of leftists, any conservative would tire of the rhetoric and leave. Leftists love their echo chambers.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15653 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
less traffic

there is spirited discussion here, if the politics were different, it would just be about the guns

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2017 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Alienation of one's base is never a good thing but I for one would still be here. For whatever that would matter Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5919 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I am a moderator on an automotive forum.
Many of the Sr Mods are pretty outwardly anti-Trump. They have a pretty good handle on keeping religion & politics out of the non-R&P parts of the forum [they have a separate R&P section].
No matter what the man does, a select few find grievous issue with it.

If it were more widespread, it would definitely reduce my time spent there.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15445 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
What if he were only a second rate ass clown?

Posts: 7498 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I have enough Trump Derangement Syndrome in other areas of my life and would probably not come here as much. Would Para’s TDS affect the other areas of the forum?

Posts: 5704 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This place is my safe haven from the insanity and stupidity of the world.

Without that, no-effing-way would I be here.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9193 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
Same thing that happened to a bunch of other forums.

Woops!
Were there gun forums that tanked for this reason? I seem to recall something about that, vaguely.

Posts: 107839 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
History could study this forum to document how Trump turned himself from a longtime cultural icon into perhaps the last great populist President this country will ever see.

Posts: 1982 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post