SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Updated, Pix 8/3:Thinking of trading the 2021 Highlander in on new 4Runner.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Updated, Pix 8/3:Thinking of trading the 2021 Highlander in on new 4Runner. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I had a Highlander before, and while it was comfy and had good mileage, I totally get the allure of the 4Runner for its ruggedness. For your trade-in, you should be able to get around $38k, especially with that extended warranty and low mileage. If you’re looking at 4Runner models, the SR5 is basic but solid, the TRD Off-Road is great for off-roading and everyday driving, and the TRD Pro is the high-end off-road option but more expensive. I went with the TRD Off-Road myself for a good balance of ruggedness and practicality.

Posts: 52 | Location: MS, USA | Registered: February 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
We did not get that high of a trade in, but did well compared to what we paid a year ago. The SR5 Premium has a lot of things the TRD OR Premium had except some of the 4wd stuff. Rear locker, crawl control. I researched the crawl control stuff and for the most part that seemed somewhat gimmicky and really not all the useful, even in off roading situations. So feel good about the SR5 Premium model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1QgCufxNrA

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19674 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
So the process is started. The SR5 Premium is 3-5 weeks out before delivery.
Because of the cost of the rig. Nothing is in the works in terms of accessories or upgrades. Hopefully we can get 25k miles out of the oem tires. The premium model is pretty nicely set up.
Planning to put some kind of inexpensive running board on to make it easier for the wife to enter and exit. If you have a suggestion I would love to hear it.

Maybe an upgraded air intake mod once things get settled. Going to be pretty stock.

We do gravel rds. Some trails but no real off roading planned persae, but who knows.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Just a little teaser for orc's thread:

Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13824 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
New Icecap SR5 Premium was delivered today and the Highlander was picked up.
I have probably said in this thread that vehicles are not really my wife's thing.
But she drove her new rig on a short drive today and seemed to like it quite a bit. Sits up a bit, plus. Visibility really good, plus. Minimal tech and familiar controls, plus. All in all I think she will be very happy with it.
The SR5 Premium seemed to make the most sense for us. Has all the features she wanted and I feel it was a great value.
The one thing I did not know we were getting is tinted windows on the back 2/3's of the rig. That was a real nice surprise. Smile

Suits our environment a little better. Overall it will be a bit of an improvement for our situation I believe. If she is happy and satisfied than I am.
While the HL was nice. This rig is just a better fit for us.
Thanks for all who chimed in. I appreciate it.
Will try to get a pix posted.

Thanks all

crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Good decision! It's "last call" for anyone wanting an old-school Toyota 4-Runner.

Posts: 1794 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Posting for old rugged cross:

God bless America.

Posts: 13824 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
As the saying goes “Happy wife, happy life”

Congratulations!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6461 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks vthoky Wink

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
orc, I showed your Ice Cap T4R pic to The Lovely Girlfriend. She wholeheartedly approves! Cool

God bless America.

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Time to make her an honest woman? Big Grin

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I like it. It’d fit right in with our three white vehicles. The back looks a little saggy though, you might need air bags. Razz Big Grin

Posts: 11544 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Time to make her an honest woman? Big Grin

I’m workin’ on it, man, quit pushing! Big Grin

God bless America.

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
"Lovely girlfriend". And she likes 4Runners. I couldn't resist. Wink

I wish you the best buddy. Smile

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Thank you, my friend.
She's an absolute sweetheart, and to be honest she's been after a 4Runner for even longer than me. Smile

(I fear she may try to confiscate mine.) Eek

God bless America.