SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Updated, Pix 8/3:Thinking of trading the 2021 Highlander in on new 4Runner.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Updated, Pix 8/3:Thinking of trading the 2021 Highlander in on new 4Runner. Login/Join 
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am thinking of doing it.

Wow man, you are really something. I just hope your wife enjoys that 4Runner as much as you clearly will.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4572 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
It is a 24' TRD off road premium with leather, dual power seats. moon roof. Running boards, all weather floor liners and cargo tray package. Standard tire and wheel package.

quote:
The two things I am thinking of not on the vehicle is the door edge protectors, and the roof rack cross members. Maybe a bug guard on the hood. Anything else I should be trying to get included?. Thanks guys.

ORC, I've been following your thread with great interest, because for about a month now I've been almost obsessed with getting a 2024 4Runner. The vehicle you describe sounds very much like the one I finally picked up this week. Mine did come with the door edge guards already installed, and without the roof cross bars. I think those bars list for $185 on the vehicles that have them installed already; I asked my dealer to order them for me afterward and they were $140. That, of course, is the uninstalled price, which was fine with me; I'll install them myself. The cargo cover listed for $169, I believe, and I got it for $150.

I'm considering the paint protection film for the front end, and I'll definitely have the glass over-tinted soon. I spent WAY too much time on YouTube last night watching vids of modifications/additions other people have done to their 5th Gen 4Runners. I did ask, too, for them to order me the cargo cover as it wasn't included with mine. I saved a few dollars by getting that after the sale as well.

I'll be curious to learn what you decide. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13824 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thanks vthoky. Congrats on the purchase. How much is the front protection film, do you know?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19674 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I knew a guy whose wife wanted a new Buick, they were elderly, and they went and got that new Buick. She didn’t like it as much as she thought she would so he went back and bought their old Buick back they had traded in a few days earlier Big Grin

I hope that doesn’t happen to you, ORC. Razz

Posts: 13280 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that Edmond. Big Grin

I made my final offer. They rejected so I told them we will keep the Highlander. So to this point it is no deal, although am thinking I will hear for them again. So maybe, maybe not. We are good either way.

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Hood Bug guard you can get after market. Don't pay dealer prices for it. Roof rack cross members is a question mark; are you going to use it a lot (kayaks, cargo storage comes to mind), if not, then wait on it. You can pick up some OEM ones later or aftermarket ones. In my situation, I didn't as I will probably later switch to a good aftermarket roof rack. Door edge protectors, that is your choice.

Posts: 4050 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Congrats on the purchase. How much is the front protection film, do you know?

Thank you. I don't know about the film yet; I have a plan to visit the local shop on Thursday. Will keep you posted.

God bless America.

Posts: 13824 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here is where i could use a bit of help. The specific 4Runner is not in their inventory but
another dealer has it. It is a 24' TRD off road premium with leather, dual power seats. moon roof. Running boards, all weather floor liners and cargo tray package.

Standard tire and wheel package.

No KDSS??

Pass.......................

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4650 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for that Edmond. Big Grin

I made my final offer. They rejected so I told them we will keep the Highlander. So to this point it is no deal, although am thinking I will hear for them again. So maybe, maybe not. We are good either way.

Depending on how sales are going, next week is the last week of the month so they might be calling you next week.

Posts: 13280 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you really like the 4Runner the time is limited on the 5th gen. Every day the selection to chose from gets smaller. I like my SofTex seats more so than cloth but be aware it is not leather. It’s basically old school vinyl seating. It’s easy to care for and has held up like new in my 29k miles. The factory roof rack is a little short but usable. The Sherpa Crestone is a well reviewed full length aftermarket rack. I have a Gobi which is little taller with a raised rail around the platform.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 389 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
No communication in the last several days.

Have a question regarding an SR5 premium vs the TRD off road premium.

If the main difference is the rear locker and traction control, crawl mode then I think an SR5 would be fine. I do like the rear locker but watching videos of the crawl control it seems a bit useless.
Can you get the rear locker on the SR5. What else would be different on the SR5 premium model. And how much difference in price would the two be?

Thanks guys.

Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Off Road Premium all day every day.

I have about 93K miles on my 2018 TRD Off Road Premium. Absolutely love it and am considering trading in for a 2024.

Just finished up a two week NH to Dallas road trip and it was great. Really comfortable being behind the wheel for the long days. The trip was just under 5K miles with a 19.8 mpg.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2428 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Curious why GH, what about the off rd. premium model would make it better than an SR5 premium on a road trip?
What does yours have that an SR5 premium doesn't?

Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
It’s been a long time since I compared the models. I just love my Off Road Pro. I also really like the aesthetics of the faux scoop on the hood.

I doubt there would be a big difference between the two in regards to my road trip. I just brought it up as an endorsement of the 4Runner platform.

You can’t go wrong with either. The Off Road traction options might be better in the snow.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2428 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Got it. Thanks.

The only thing I see that is worth the extra is the rear locker.

The crawl mode from what my research tells me is more of a novelty?

I appreciate your input.

crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
The offroad model is going to have an actual lever to manually select between 2-high, 4-high and 4-low for the transfer case.
Pretty sure the SR5 model transfer case is electrically (switch or knob) actuated.

I much prefer the manual lever on the offroad model. It's worth it for that alone, in my opinion.

Posts: 1794 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Excitable Boy
Picture of Dan the man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:
I much prefer the manual lever on the offroad model. It's worth it for that alone, in my opinion.

Completely agree, keep it simple. Mechanical linkage has been around and proven reliable forever.

I haven't heard any stories of the electric switches failing in Toyotas but, it is one more gadget that can fail. Good chance you wouldn't know it has failed until just when you need it to NOT fail.

China is Asshoe

Posts: 2281 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
My understanding is both the lever and knobs use the same actuator to engage 4wd.
One is just a knob. The other a lever. No other difference. Ie: electronic vs manual linkage

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
This deal is still breathing, lol. So the 4Runner being discussed is the new Underground color. Kind of a weird, shiny gray. Anyone seen in person?

Yes the current 4Runners are becoming hard to come by. Only going to get harder boys and girls.

Fortunately our Highlander was the last year of the true V6 and has extremely low miles Wink

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
So the 4Runner being discussed is the new Underground color. Kind of a weird, shiny gray. Anyone seen in person?

I love it! Mine is that color. Cool

It's a little odd -- in the pic above (bright sunlight) it's almost a dark version of a cadet gray, but yesterday afternoon (cloudy out) it looked somewhat closer to black.

God bless America.