SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone order a car lately?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone order a car lately? Login/Join 
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted
I ordered a 2021 suburban in July, it's now a 2022 suburban. I've been told by GM that the order has been received but has not been officially accepted yet. I guess it's the package I ordered: Premier Diesel, 4x4 with the tech package. Who knew it would take this long! Maybe I'll get a 2023, ha!

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6017 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
I ordered a Jeep Rubicon on 12-23-21 and got it on 2-22-22.

Posts: 322 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Good luck.
In laws ordered a 2021 Suburban Premier (non Diesel) maybe January of 2021 or so.
They got it last month.

If you don’t know the rear entertainment center sucks on the 2021+.
Complete pain to use if you have small kids as nothing can be done from the front.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25450 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I guess the days of going into a dealership, looking at his inventory and then haggling over price are over?

Posts: 5749 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
I put a deposit on a 2022 Tundra last fall and it should be built next week. I also ordered a Ford F-150 last December that I won’t see until May or June at the earliest. The F-150 keeps getting pushed back and I’m not sure I’ll even see it before the end of the year. Both are refundable deposits and I’ll probably just get the Tundra. The F-150 is about 10% under MSRP and the Tundra is MSRP. It’s a crazy market and both vehicles are heavily marked up right now.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
So I guess the days of going into a dealership, looking at his inventory and then haggling over price are over?

At the local Buick/GMC dealer here, you'd be looking at a couple dozen half ton Sierra pickups and that's it. The rest of the lot that usually has 200-250 vehicles in it is empty.

Posts: 418 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
I ordered a 2022 RAM 1500 Limited 4x4 Crewcab with 3.0L EcoDiesel on 1/5/22 and took delivery on 2/18/22. I was expecting 6 months but only took 45 days.

Posts: 4987 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I briefly thought about a Yukon and was checking out a Yukon/Tahoe forum. There was a guy posting the weekly shortages (constraints as they call them). There was one week where they only had 3 sunroofs available for installation.

I decided to get an extended warranty for my truck and I’m going to keep it for another three years hoping this stuff settles down.

Posts: 5426 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I ordered a Ford Explorer 12/28/21. They told me 4-6 months. It was delivered 2/24. I was shocked!

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have bid hard on two cars on an online auction site only to see them go for $6K and $8K more than bluebook. Eek

Guess mommas Caddy is getting repaired.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:

It's a whole new world

I'm shocked at how bare the new car dealers are around here. The local Toyota dealer doesn't even have floor models anymore!

A small local Carmax type place got in about 25 used (1-2 years) Toyota Camry's last week and placed them out front. By the next day they were virtually GONE, I drive past there every day to and from work.

The car and housing markets are just wacky right now

Posts: 33884 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Not sure about the consumer market, but we were looking to buy another new car for my department and were told there is an 18-24 month wait for both Ford and Chevy SUVs. Considering the fleet versions aren't much different than the regular versions I'd assume the wait is the same across the board.

Also the municipal dealers aren't allowed to just order cars to hold for stock, the manufacturers won't let them. One got busted by Ford because they called them and said "We need to order 3 interceptors for the City of X". Well Ford called the city and said "hey are you buying 3 interceptors?" and when the city said no, Ford gave the dealership hell.

Posts: 6352 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Ordered a Charger Hellcat (3% under invoice) on 27 Dec, went into build on 19 Feb, est delivery date in 7 Apr.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14041 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been trying to get a new 4runner and inventory is a joke and several dealers tell me Toyota won’t even take an order.

Posts: 4783 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
If you think this is bad, used cars are crazy too and many have gone up in price in the last year or so.

Posts: 9546 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
My Lamborghini burned up on that boat Wink

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Been trying to get a new 4runner and inventory is a joke and several dealers tell me Toyota won’t even take an order.

Was listening to a radio show about this.

American cars are the easiest to order.

German cars are next (mostly because of the array of options not typically stocked on the floor)

Japanese nearly impossible to order and the best you can hope for is to buy once a car is allocated tot he dealer (ie; "buying before it get off the truck")

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14041 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
If you think this is bad, used cars are crazy too and many have gone up in price in the last year or so.

Used car prices are up like 40% which is completely insane.

That makes them unaffordable in my opinion and not worth going with.

Posts: 33884 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
I ordered a Ford Bronco on 1/2021. Haven't seen or heard shit from Ford except excuses.
Roll Eyes

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered a ‘22 F150 on February 7th. Dealer told me 5-12 weeks, closer to 5 if I got the auto start/stop delete. That was a no brainer for me.
Supposedly it takes 1 less chip, and you save $50.

Posts: 212 | Location: Michigan | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post