SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Has Anyone Recently Renewed Global Entry?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has Anyone Recently Renewed Global Entry? Login/Join 
Picture of m3zona
posted Hide Post
Submitted my Global Entry renewal on August 8, received approval on August 9. This is my second approved renewal. First renewal took 2 days. Only thing I changed was new work address. All other info stayed the same except countries visited since 2018 needed to be updated.

Posts: 62 | Location: Out West | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Global Entry will soon have an app. We just renewed ours, in five years we'll be in walkers and doing zero international travel.

Global Entry could get even faster with mobile app in the works

Sean Cudahy
Sept. 22, 2023

The popular service that makes it faster and easier to reenter the U.S., Global Entry, may soon be even faster and easier for members to use when returning to the U.S. on an international flight.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection, which operates passport control and customs facilities at U.S. airports, is planning to roll out a new Global Entry mobile app in the near future.

The technology will allow Global Entry members to verify their identity on their smartphones before even arriving at customs facilities...

Complete article:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/global-entry-app/

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update just at the end of 8 months we were told my wife can have an interview.

She could have it either by Zoom or in person.

She chose Zoom, the website said she could have an interview that day or 5 months down the road for available slots.

She chose the same day and it took 10 minutes online. She needed a webcam and her passport and she had to hold it up for the camera during the interview.

They told her it would take 3-4 weeks to get the card, it came in a few days.

Pretty painless, it was much better than going to the airport in person.

YMMV

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those who are infrequent travelers and Global Entry didn't make financial sense, I always directed them to the Mobile Passport Control App. While you don't get the TSA Pre benefits that GE offers, it does help entry back into the US a bit faster by streamlining the admin process and skipping the long lines. The app has gone through a number updates over the last several years, interestingly CBP has a number of apps...who knew boaters had a dedicated app.

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are some hints on setting up the Global Entry interview.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/...ry-appointment-tips/

Our first time we had to drive to ORD (about 2.5 hours) for the interview. When we renewed five years later, we did it from home via Zoom.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
I just finished my Zoom interview. That lasted about five minutes. The whole process took 367 days from application to approval. I think there are a percentage of applications that are auto-approved. My wife's application was approved after two days. Glad that's over for a few years.

Posts: 354 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
My renewal took about 3 weeks start to finish.

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Mine now expires in February 2025 so I sent in the renewal application in February 2024. I am still “Pending Review” as of right now. I figured I would get it started ASAP with how long it sometimes takes. Last time it took about 2.5 months and I didn’t need an interview so we will see about this time.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
Mine now expires in February 2025 so I sent in the renewal application in February 2024. I am still “Pending Review” as of right now. I figured I would get it started ASAP with how long it sometimes takes. Last time it took about 2.5 months and I didn’t need an interview so we will see about this time.

Renewal should be quite easy, I think mine took less than 30-days total.
You might be see a delay given that people are just now realizing that their Summer travel plans are shot if they don't get their application expedited.

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
This is exactly what I thought. I failed to mention it in my post, but my experience was with a renewal. My original application took less than a week from application to interview.

quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:

Renewal should be quite easy, I think mine took less than 30-days total.
You might be see a delay given that people are just now realizing that their Summer travel plans are shot if they don't get their application expedited.

Posts: 354 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a renewal. My wife and I applied for ours at the same time.

My interview was done and I had mine in hand in under a month.

Hers? 5+ months and it is still in the processing stage.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Top Global Entry official: Application delays improving, but 'we have work to go’

Sean Cudahy
April 06, 2024

Four years after the coronavirus pandemic first spawned delays in Global Entry application processing, U.S. Customs and Border Protection says wait times are improving. Yet, amid an unrelenting wave of demand for the program, the agency admits it's still not satisfied.

The delays of recent years have been well-documented, dating back to when travel first began to surge in the wake of the pandemic slowdown.

Backlogs ensued in 2021 and 2022 as passengers whose Global Entry membership lapsed during the down days of travel applied en masse for renewal; others applied for first-time membership as part of the so-called "revenge travel" craze.

Then, as the agency began to clear its application backlog after the pandemic's peak, unprecedented demand for the program made matters infinitely more complicated.

That historic crush of applications continues now. In fact, in early 2024, it has reached levels not seen in 2022 or even 2023, TPG has learned...

Complete article:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/...y-wait-times-update/

posted Hide Post
My Global Entry expired during the lockdown. Submitted my renewal in January of '23. It took 13 months to get approved.

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GE will $120 starting in October.

Global Entry Fee Increasing To $120, And More Changes

Ben Schlappig
6 hours ago

United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is adjusting some of the pricing of its Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP). This is something that was first proposed back in 2020, but we now have a date for when it will take effect. Let me emphasize right away that the price of TSA PreCheck isn’t changing in any way.

As of October 1, 2024, the cost of a Global Entry membership will be increasing from $100 to $120, representing a 20% price increase. As a refresher, for those not familiar with Global Entry, it’s a program that allows pre-qualified low risk travelers to get expedited immigration when entering the United States, and a membership is valid for five years. For what it’s worth, this is the program’s first price increase in over 15 years...

Complete article:

https://onemileatatime.com/new...-entry-fee-increase/