SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Has Anyone Recently Renewed Global Entry?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has Anyone Recently Renewed Global Entry? Login/Join 
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Well, this is interesting.

I completed our renewal applications on 6/14 and noted at the time that there was a note on the "conditional approval" screen that indicated if we were conditionally approved for renewal, our GE credentials would be valid for an additional 6 months beyond the expiration date pending final approval.

I just logged on to the DHS website to copy that language and paste it here, when I discovered, much to my surprise, that Mrs.BurtonRW and I have both been approved already! No repeat interviews, just needed to click the "Activate Card" buttons and we're good for another five years.

Took exactly one week.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:
I'm just over 2 months as well.
Oh well, I applied for an expedited passport in Aug 2005 & it was printed & got stuck in a vault in NO when Katrina hit. Since it was 'finished' they couldn't issue another. It finally made it to me ~March 2006.

Went 'conditionally approved ' on 5/23, 3 days less than 3 months after I applied & 4 days after I arrived home from a business trip in which I would have been able to do the interview. Luckily, I was going to be in Memphis 2 weeks later & they had 1 - exactly 1 - appointment available.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can anyone see a downside to renewing Global Entry 364 days in advance? Mine expires on my birthday in Nov 2023, and the site said I could apply to renew one day after this coming birthday.

The site's FAQ has step by step instructions but did not address renewing waaay in advance:

You become eligible to renew your membership 1 year prior to program expiration. If you submit a renewal application before your membership expires, you will be able to continue to use benefits after your membership expiration date. Follow these steps to renew your Trusted Traveler membership:

If you don't have a login.gov account, you will be directed to login.gov to create an account first then you will be prompted to setup your TTP account profile. On the profile page, you will need to associate the account with your PASSID (membership number). See the back of your Trusted Traveler card or your approval letter.

From your Dashboard, select the Renew button on your Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI or FAST program membership section.

You must declare your citizenship (if you are a US Citizen, you declare "U.S.").

Select the program that you wish to renew. You may select to renew another program for which you are eligible. However, remember that depending on the program you choose, your benefits may change. On the next page, acknowledge the program requirements.

Follow the guidelines provided on the Membership Renewal page.

When you have updated all information in the application, on the Final Review page, click Confirm and Continue in each section. At the bottom of the page, click Save and Continue.

On the Certify page, answer Yes or No to "Do you certify?"

Select Next. The Purchase Summary page will display.

Fees are for application processing and are non-refundable. Check the box under the total application fee to agree and proceed.

Select Pay Now. The online payment page displays.

After payment, you will be returned to your TTP Dashboard.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Can anyone see a downside to renewing Global Entry 364 days in advance? Mine expires on my birthday in Nov 2023, and the site said I could apply to renew one day after this coming birthday.

The site's FAQ has step by step instructions but did not address renewing waaay in advance:

You become eligible to renew your membership 1 year prior to program expiration. If you submit a renewal application before your membership expires, you will be able to continue to use benefits after your membership expiration date. Follow these steps to renew your Trusted Traveler membership:

If you don't have a login.gov account, you will be directed to login.gov to create an account first then you will be prompted to setup your TTP account profile. On the profile page, you will need to associate the account with your PASSID (membership number). See the back of your Trusted Traveler card or your approval letter.

From your Dashboard, select the Renew button on your Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI or FAST program membership section.

You must declare your citizenship (if you are a US Citizen, you declare "U.S.").

Select the program that you wish to renew. You may select to renew another program for which you are eligible. However, remember that depending on the program you choose, your benefits may change. On the next page, acknowledge the program requirements.

Follow the guidelines provided on the Membership Renewal page.

When you have updated all information in the application, on the Final Review page, click Confirm and Continue in each section. At the bottom of the page, click Save and Continue.

On the Certify page, answer Yes or No to "Do you certify?"

Select Next. The Purchase Summary page will display.

Fees are for application processing and are non-refundable. Check the box under the total application fee to agree and proceed.

Select Pay Now. The online payment page displays.

After payment, you will be returned to your TTP Dashboard.

I would renew as soon as you are able to. My last renewal in 2019 took 2.5 months from renewal to approval so you never know how long it will take. The renewal start date will start at your expiration date so no harm in renewing as early as possible.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I e been trying to renew my Global Entry for the past six months. There are no interviews available either locally or online for the next three years, per the .gov website. I’m now in the grace period (mine expired in September) and hoping I can get an interview before the grace period ends.

I’d recommend renewing if able, regardless if that’s early, because being late is annoying.

Posts: 995 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Same for me. Got my approval a few months ago, but finding an appointment for an interview is quite the task. I finally got one in Newark in early January. Not ideal, but I can hopefully make it work when I'm in Jersey around that time.

This website is a good resource for finding an appointment.

https://globalentrynow.com

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaveL:
I e been trying to renew my Global Entry for the past six months. There are no interviews available either locally or online for the next three years, per the .gov website.

Had the same issue with my wife's. Kept checking and all of the sudden a bunch of zoom appointments opened up 4 to 7 days out.

Posts: 1348 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just filled out the renewal form, it was a little painful but I managed. Now I wait...

I'll renew Mrs Sigmund's in a month, hopefully we can get appointments (if required) at O'Hare the same day.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
I renewed mine over the summer. Submitted all the paperwork online. Approved in four days (over a weekend). New card a week later.

Did the wife's, too. Her's was conditionally approved inside a week. Had to make an appointment at Dulles airport and hooked a slot 2 months later. She was in and out in 30 seconds, approved. New card showed up a week later.

Posts: 9041 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I had also heard about a five month wait. So I renewed early, didn't even have to book an appt and it was approved in about 24 hrs. I was pretty surprised.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my renewal approved in two days, did not expect that.

My first interview was at O'Hare, about a 2.5 hour drive. This time they gave me the option of a zoom interview vs in person, but I was unable to set one up (operator error is suspected).

I'm renewing Mrs Sigmund in three weeks, once hers is approved I'll try to set up a double Zoom appointment.

posted Hide Post
Forgot to post when we set up a double zoom appointment, it was easy and we're both good for five more years.

I also just renewed Mrs. Sigmund's passport (she ran out of blank visa pages) and almost forgot to update her Global Entry profile with the new passport number. I did remember to update her profile with United and our tour company.

Here's where I got the reminder to update Global Entry with her new passport number:

"If you get a new passport, you can update your Global Entry profile to match your new passport by logging into your Trusted Traveler Program account and finding the section marked “Update Documents.” Once you pull up the documents section, enter your new passport number to have it attached to your Global Entry membership."

Complete article:

https://thepointsguy.com/guide...o-know-global-entry/

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
This thread, concerning renewal delays, was started in 2019.

I don't think we need to report back on renewal times, as I believe things are back to normal.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GE renewal should be pretty straight forward, I had mine updated back in Summer'21 and the new card came within a month. Answer a handful of questions, pay the fee (which credit card covers) and wait.

I'm currently awaiting my passport renewal. At the time I sent in my packet in, it was taking 2-3 months. If you send it in now, State Dept is saying 3-4 months for standard processing.

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I just applied for the first time. We'll see how it goes. I already have Pre-Check as a work perk.

This will only be the gazillionth time the USGov has had a microscope up my ass. They basically have their own parking spot up there.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
This thread, concerning renewal delays, was started in 2019.

I don't think we need to report back on renewal times, as I believe things are back to normal.

HA! Good point. I don’t see anyone saying it is currently taking a long time.

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I finally have an appointment for my Global Entry renewal and my 7 month old initial Global Entry for next week.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I guess I got lucky on my last renewal for the fact I didn’t have to schedule an interview again.

Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
I recently renewed and was approved in 2-3 days.

The new card took about 3 weeks to receive.

Thankfully I have not had to interview for my last two renewal applications.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
No shit? I thought everyone had to interview. Damn, that's sweet.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)