SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Has Anyone Recently Renewed Global Entry?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has Anyone Recently Renewed Global Entry? Login/Join 
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
No shit? I thought everyone had to interview. Damn, that's sweet.

I want to say that known/trusted travelers-- including folks with a TWIC-- are somewhat "streamlined" for GE?

Posts: 2462 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I would say that it's easy but mine has been in renewal since January. Mine expires in June. I'm waiting for conditional approval and hoping that I don't have to do the interview again. The good news is that your status stays active while they begrudgingly do their job.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:

I want to say that known/trusted travelers-- including folks with a TWIC-- are somewhat "streamlined" for GE?

I have a TWIC. But I guess I had to bring my son for his initial interview anyway, as silly as it is for a 7 month old to go to an interview.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Most people I know who've renewed their GE haven't had to do an interview but, just looking up, appears some people are asked to come in for a sit-down. Not sure if its random or, it's dependent on your travel history between your initial and renewal or, a change in your legal history.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

In late February I was finally able to set my Global Entry renewal interview for late June. I few weeks after I set the interview I received a notice that my interview was cancelled and my renewal was approved. New card came a week later. I'm happy to have it but I get the feeling they're just pushing people through to clear up the backlog.

Posts: 995 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FYI- Just got my renewed passport. Nearly 7-weeks exactly from the day I mailed-in my new pic and documents to getting the new one. That's about as fast as I can remember a renewal occurring.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
FYI- Just got my renewed passport. Nearly 7-weeks exactly from the day I mailed-in my new pic and documents to getting the new one. That's about as fast as I can remember a renewal occurring.

Mrs Sigmund's renewal just took 6.5 weeks with expedited service. We're happy.

Be sure to enter the new passport number into Global Entry, airline profiles, etc.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:

Mrs Sigmund's renewal just took 6.5 weeks with expedited service. We're happy.

Be sure to enter the new passport number into Global Entry, airline profiles, etc.

Mine wasn't expedited...you paid extra for a 6.5-week expedited?! Was this in peak season?

posted Hide Post
quote:

Mine wasn't expedited...you paid extra for a 6.5-week expedited?! Was this in peak season?

We were in a hurry because we got home from St Maarten on Feb 12 and will leave for Italy on April 20. I caused the rush as I failed to notice she ran out of blank visa pages though it was valid five more years.

We got the replacement (good for ten years) in plenty of time, but I do not regret paying more to speed it up. She now has the supersize book with extra pages!

It just occurred to me we've had the new passport about three weeks now, but they still haven't sent us the old one.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For anyone new to this, here's a handy "How To Apply For Global Entry: Step-By-Step Guide." It does not address renewals.

https://onemileatatime.com/gui...l-entry-application/

posted Hide Post
Here's info on a site to find open slots for Global Entry appointments:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/...-appointment-alerts/

We drove to ORD for our initial application but last year we both renewed via Zoom.

posted Hide Post
Here's an article about the Mobile Passport app, it appears to be a useful substitute for Global Entry (which we have).

https://onemileatatime.com/gui...le-passport-control/

Read the comments, there are pros and cons.

Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
J ust got my renewal in the mail and didn’t even apply for it…Go figure.

Now I’ll have to see if it matches my older number.

Edit. I just checked and it is the same number with the same expiration date of late next year. I will still have to apply early next year to renew…

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
J ust got my renewal in the mail and didn’t even apply for it…Go figure.

Now I’ll have to see if it matches my older number.

Edit. I just checked and it is the same number with the same expiration date of late next year. I will still have to apply early next year to renew…

Wonder why they sent you a new card with same info?

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:

We just renewed Global Entry and got the same number, we don't have to go to our airline profiles and change anything.

How he got a new one without renewing is a mystery.

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I finally received my new global entry card 7 months later from the renewal application. Luckily, they give a grace period because they are so backed up.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:

We just renewed Global Entry and got the same number, we don't have to go to our airline profiles and change anything.

How he got a new one without renewing is a mystery.

Yeah my renewal had same number too, but if I read his post correctly, the card he unexpectedly received even had the same expiration date as the card he already had.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I applied for a new one on 3/29 and it is still pending initial review.

UUUUUUGH

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife let hers lapse but in time to allow renewal.

It has been eight months and we are still waiting. Checked by email and they said they are backed up nine months.

Going up the food chain after the nine months have passed.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...but if I read his post correctly, the card he unexpectedly received even had the same expiration date as the card he already had.

My error, sorry for the confusion.