Notify
Tools

Sardines Login/Join 
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ftttu:
I just had my can for the day. My uncle turned me onto them years ago. I try to eat a can a day, but I probably eat about 5 per week.

Watch out for them Mercury levels. You might develop anti gravity properties. Cool

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6969 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sardines are good for you, and so I get the cans sold at Costco and try to have at least 5 cans per week.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I do enjoy sardines from time to time.

My daughter lived for awhile in Monterey, CA. That used to be the sardine capitol of the world, until over-fishing. We toured the aquarium and the street where all of the canneries were located. It was pretty cool.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Sardines are at the top of my 'Hell No' list.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Ortiz sardines from Spain. Absolutely delicious and worth the price. The ventresca tuna is also delicious.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Apparently, all sardines are not equal.

The Beach Cliff packed in soybean oil 10 pack of 3.75oz tins at Sam’s Club for $10.68 were the first ones I bought. Opened a tin and they smell like fish. I mashed them up with some spicy mustard, put the mix on a cracker and let’s just say I’m the only person in my house that will be eating them.

I then bought a 10 pack of 4.375oz tins of Season Wild Caught packed in olive oil for $11.49 at BJ’s, which is a lower price per ounce than the one’s from Sam’s Club. Opened a tin and they don’t smell fishy. They look better, so I give one a shot straight out of the tin. Night and day difference from the Beach Cliff. I could probably get my two boys to ears these on a regular basis and I’m sure my wife and daughter could manage them in an end of the world situation.

I’ll try the King Oscars that BJ’s carries next, but they are well over twice the price of the Seasons. They probably work out to $10 a pound. I’m looking at sardines as lower priced protein source.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
I do enjoy sardines from time to time.

My daughter lived for awhile in Monterey, CA. That used to be the sardine capitol of the world, until over-fishing. We toured the aquarium and the street where all of the canneries were located. It was pretty cool.

Not sure it still exists but there used to be a restaurant there called The Sardine Factory. Those days, it was, at least in my eyes, pretty upscale despite the name. Food was good and they even served sorbet between courses to cleanse the palate. This was probably 40 years or so ago....

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12721 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Loves me some sardines. King Oscar's are very good. Had a tin with triscuits for lunch just the other day.

Long shelf life has me thinking about stockpiling some for apocalypse rations. Plus the wife and kiddo eat them too.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Only if there was nothing else to eat

Posts: 5323 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sardines and crackers are good boat food. Right up there with Vienna sausage sandwiches - 4 pringles and a Vienna….

We’ve been getting cases of Wild Planet Sardines from Amazon. Quality seems good and the prices are good.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Smoked sardines, sometimes called "Kipper Snacks" are good eating too.

technically, Kipper Snacks are herring and not 'sardines'.
and I can't keep any on hand because if my 8yo grandson finds them, they're gone

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2012 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
So when you eat sardines, you're eating fish shit? Eek

that's the best part

Posts: 2771 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I like them, but don't crave them. I have them for lunch once in a while, for a change.

The canned seafood a really like are those oily smoked oysters.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe but, there's an entire subculture around sardines, from from vloggers reviewing different brands to websites sourcing tins from around the world.

https://rainbowtomatoesgarden.com

https://lata.shop

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried them before but didn't care for them. I will just stick to using them as bait.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
I eat 4-5 cans of sardines or smoked herring each week. Salad toppers, on crackers, on toasted rye with a slice of onion and course ground mustard. They are good food.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
Yep. The wife and I eat them once or twice a week. The adult kids like them also. The grand kids, not so much yet.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 671 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used to eat a can a week ,the salt content prohibits their consumption now.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54646 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
It is a true SuperFood:

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

Used to eat a can a week ,the salt content prohibits their consumption now.
Low sodium sardines are really available.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/wild-...LrtCNZkaArcbEALw_wcB

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30677 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post