SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pricing available for Jeep Gladiator pickup
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pricing available for Jeep Gladiator pickup Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
Sales for the Wrangler were off in March by a significant 5.9% according to a report in Forbes. It remains to be seen whether the Gladiator's demand will be sustainable. The Gladiator's day one or even year one sales are all about hype and artificial exclusivity, and tell you next to nothing.

Did it say why?

Posts: 12477 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
^^^ There were a number of potential factors including a big year last year, the end of incentives for 2018, and new car auto sales in general hitting head winds, eg. slowing economy, rising interest rates, gas prices, etc. There was also some discussion about the SUV trend possibly peaking. I think the fact the average new car now being over $36K has a lot to do with it. Jeeps and pickups used to be some of the cheapest vehicles on the lot. Not anymore.

In my opinion, demand for Jeeps in particular is more elastic, meaning they are a "want to have", rather than a "need to have" vehicle for most people, so their demand fluctuates more with changes in pricing and the economy.

It was Fortune, not Forbes, BTW.

Link

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
My own 2015 JK is long paid for. I had more-or-less thought of replacing by about 50k mark.

Given the abysmal cost of the new models, along with the fact I really don't care for the features & stylistic alterations of the new crop, that plan is suspended.

Oh, and the most important factor....my JK is presenting excellent service with NO issues and NO complaints!!!

Just
Extrordinarily
Extra
Pleased

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9856 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post