SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pricing available for Jeep Gladiator pickup
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pricing available for Jeep Gladiator pickup Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Pricing is available now on the build & price on Jeep's website for the new Gladiator pickup. I'm not surprised but still taken aback by how much they are. I priced a Rubicon on their site at over $55k. Yes they're cool, yes I want one, No I cannot justify the price on one.

https://www.jeep.com/build.gla...E,SDA,X9,PRC,23B,APA

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11785 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to a Jeep dealership last week and the cheapest wrangler was 40k.. and that’s for a base model. Not to mention damn near all of them were automatics..

Posts: 3372 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
Did I miss the option for a larger engine? I cant help but think that a V8 would be a much better choice for this truck. At the very least a 318 c.i. V8.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
I went to a Jeep dealership last week and the cheapest wrangler was 40k.. and that’s for a base model. Not to mention damn near all of them were automatics..

Damn around here you can get them for about $28k for a base sport model.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I guess $36,000 isn't too bad for a base 4WD truck if you can live with crank windows, manual door locks, steel wheels, no hands-free phone integration, etc. But I don't see that many people will be interested in a base model because with 4 doors it has a little bed so it won't make much of a work truck. I imagine most people will be buying one for a "lifestyle vehicle" and will want one that's been optioned up to mid $40's

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7122 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ugh really hard to find anything with a manual anymore.

Posts: 1805 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by badcopnodonut!!:
Did I miss the option for a larger engine? I cant help but think that a V8 would be a much better choice for this truck. At the very least a 318 c.i. V8.

No V8 coming that I’m aware of but I do know the diesel option will be available later this year offering almost 450ft lbs of torque.

Posts: 5075 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Fugly as Frack.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it’s cool but I would never buy one. A friend of mine just bought a new wrangler rubicon with a hard top and the damn thing leaks. When he took it to the dealer they basically told him there was nothing they could do and it was “just part of owning a Jeep”. A brand new 2019 $40k Jeep that leaks, no thanks.

Posts: 548 | Location: washington state. | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
i have never correlated manufacturer's website's build a whatever to the actual go a negotiate a price when trying to actually buy something. It is like night and day in real money. That is a phony feature. Why bother?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19257 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Owned a Cherokee for about a decade - was reasonably reliable and semi-useful.

Had several friends who owned Wranglers - for kicking it at the beach during the summer, it was great.

For anything resembling normal life utility, day to day, they are pretty much useless. The last friend had a new Wrangler with all the bells and whistles - after about 6 months they sold it and bought something else.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I love my Jeep, but I can’t really say I like that thing.

Does it have a spare?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
i have never correlated manufacturer's website's build a whatever to the actual go a negotiate a price when trying to actually buy something. It is like night and day in real money. That is a phony feature. Why bother?
They'll be no negotiating on those for a while until demand settles down. Jeep and the aftermarket have hyped that thing big time and people (at least here) are ready to stand in line to get one. I think its cool, its just not my kinda vehicle.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lunchbox:
I think it’s cool but I would never buy one. A friend of mine just bought a new wrangler rubicon with a hard top and the damn thing leaks. When he took it to the dealer they basically told him there was nothing they could do and it was “just part of owning a Jeep”. A brand new 2019 $40k Jeep that leaks, no thanks.

Tell your friend to find another dealership, and call corporate.

That is some highest order bullshit. Not even the soft top is supposed to leak. "Part of owning a Jeep" my ass... that's not even a common failure.

God, do lazy dealerships piss me off.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:
quote:
Originally posted by lunchbox:

Tell your friend to find another dealership, and call corporate.

That is some highest order bullshit. Not even the soft top is supposed to leak. "Part of owning a Jeep" my ass... that's not even a common failure.

God, do lazy dealerships piss me off.

Yeah, Jesus Christ. Either the friend is lying or that dealership should be burned to the ground.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30449 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SOTAR
posted Hide Post
The idea of reintroducing a Jeep pickup has long been considered at Chrysler. The target customer is those people who love their jeeps and would be buying a Ford, GM or these days Toyota, Nissan. Pricing on them is at the market for a full-size truck

quote:
Did I miss the option for a larger engine? I can't help but think that a V8 would be a much better choice for this truck. At the very least a 318 c.i. V8.

The 318 has been dead since 2003. It was replaced by the 4.7 L; 286.7cid

The 360 last of Chrysler's old V8s was replaced by the 5.7L 345cid Hemi also in 2003 My early 2003 1500 had a 360 the 2500 3500 had hemi motors at that point with 1500 retaining the 360 for a while longer.

------

I was a Dodge/Chrysler kid growing up. Lived north of Detroit my dad working for Chrysler ~35 years. So I used to know everything I could about them. I bought a 2017 Ram after my '05 Nissan died. Much better door clearance/headroom for myself at 6'5" though parking is not as easy.

Posts: 1037 | Location: portland, OR | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
This guy does a pretty good review. 30mins long though.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6853 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ That was painfully annoying.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
quote:

Ugh really hard to find anything with a manual anymore.

The fact that it’s hard to find a manual wrangler is just plain sad and shows that the hippies have completely taken over. I don’t even want the damn v6.. give me the straight 6 with a stick shift and I don’t want a damned 4 door.. don’t even get me started on the fact that 90% of the wranglers I saw had hard tops and nice leather interiors and touch screens.
My god. First the yuppies ruin trucks by buying 4 doors with more people space than bed space and paying the jacked up outreagous prices and now jeeps have gone the same way.
I have a 91 yj that I’m just going to keep going for another 28 years..

Posts: 3372 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Ok, for all of you claiming the Gladiator is too expensive (count me in that group as well), we apparently do not know what we're talking about.

The $62,310 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition Sold Out in a Day Eek

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post