SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pricing available for Jeep Gladiator pickup
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pricing available for Jeep Gladiator pickup Login/Join 
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
This is an absolute category killer in mid size trucks. Wrangler functionality on top of Ram axels. How awesome is that!

I’d love one and may trade my 2017 JKUL Recon in on one after a two after launch.

Yes, that’s a pretty good video above.

Great looking truck!

0:01

Posts: 4233 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having owned a couple wranglers and really enjoying them, I am shocked at how expensive they have become! Simply not in my price range anymore! Since moving out of the frozen north a few years ago, having a 4 wheel drive is simply not essential like it once was

Posts: 3322 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I told the misses I would wait until I had 150 on the xterra, maybe by then the diesel will be out and someone will have marketed a camper top for it.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cut and plug
posted Hide Post
I’m not really sure why there is a lot of whining about price. The rubicon 4 door wrangler and the rubicon gladiator are only about 2k a part. The Wrangler is 43,040 and the gladiator is 45,040.

I was actually surprised they are that close in price.

Posts: 1145 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9223 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hbabler:
I’m not really sure why there is a lot of whining about price. The rubicon 4 door wrangler and the rubicon gladiator are only about 2k a part. The Wrangler is 43,040 and the gladiator is 45,040.

It is not the price on the gladiator but the price has escalated pretty bad on the entire wrangler line. When I bought my basic wranglers in 2000 then 2009, they were by far the least expensive 4wd vehicles on the market. Now they are in the middle of the pack

Posts: 3322 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
As soon as they hit the dealers lot I will be taking one for a drive and if everything goes as planned we’ll be ordering a Rubicon...

Can’t wait!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6382 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:

The fact that it’s hard to find a manual wrangler is just plain sad...... I don’t even want the damn v6.. give me the straight 6 with a stick shift and I don’t want a damned 4 door.. don’t even get me started on the fact that 90% of the wranglers I saw had hard tops......
I have a 91 yj that I’m just going to keep going for another 28 years..

My comments FWIW..... I believe manual transmission availability varies by dealership and region. The local Jeep dealer (and Jeep is all they sell) tends to stock Wranglers around 1/3 manual transmission which I think is pretty high compared to most others I've been at. As far as engine? The newer 3.6 Pentastar V6 is worlds better than the 3.8 V6 it replaced and even better than the 4.0 in-line 6, producing more torque, HP, and at the same time delivering much better MPG. I've owned 2-door Wranglers, one with the 4.0. 5-speed manual and a 2015 3.6 6-speed manual. I ordered my 2015 with dual tops but given how often it rains here after the first Summer just left the hard top on as the soft top was such a PIA to lower and put back up.

I'm glad you enjoy your YJ but I must say the newer TJ+ have come a long way.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7170 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:

The newer 3.6 Pentastar V6 is worlds better than the 3.8 V6 it replaced and even better than the 4.0 in-line 6, producing more torque, HP, and at the same time delivering much better MPG.

I have the 3.6 Pentastar in my 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited, and it is indeed a winner...especially with the 8 speed tranny...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's not that I'm bitching about the price difference between the Wrangler and the Gladiator, it's the price in general. The Gladiator in Rubicon trim stickers for about $10k more than a Toyota Tacoma TRD and a Chevy Colorado ZR2. It's even more than some full sized trucks with off road packages. Apples and oranges maybe. I like the Gladiator, I just can't justify spending that much for one.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11813 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well its mixed with Fiat quality so thats my opinion.

Posts: 809 | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I think I heard somewhere that the Wagoneer would be coming back out in the next year or two as a full size SUV. That would be interesting to see.

Posts: 3414 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post

c'mon lotto ! ! !

please
please
please

Wink

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:

c'mon lotto ! ! !

please
please
please

Wink

Oh my...I will be in my bunk

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I would prefer this...a modern LR 130...or a Troop carrier

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
I am fine with that, too !

. . . IIRC, the designers at Jeep used the 130 Defender as a reference for the Gladiator.

LR so missed out on this market by killing off the Defender and leaving us with nothing, so Jeep wisely filled that void and very well indeed !

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
quote:

It's not that I'm bitching about the price difference between the Wrangler and the Gladiator, it's the price in general. The Gladiator in Rubicon trim stickers for about $10k more than a Toyota Tacoma TRD and a Chevy Colorado ZR2. It's even more than some full sized trucks with off road packages. Apples and oranges maybe. I like the Gladiator, I just can't justify spending that much for one.

^^^^
I think you raise some interesting questions regarding price. I grew up with a kid that had his own business and while they were still selling commercial Hummers (H1 with the turbo diesel), he decided to get one to advertise his business and go off roading. A year or so after he had it, I asked him how it was off road? He told me he didn’t take it off road as he was to scared he would ding it up bad and at $100k or thereabouts, it was too expensive to beat up. Shortly afterwords, he sold it and bought a Tacoma. I think we are close to the point that people aren’t going to buy Rubicons of any flavor, ZR2 Bisons, Rangers, TRD Pros, etc. and really take them off road (Moab etc) while new - they are too expensive. The industry, IMO, is close to pricing themselves out of a market. I’d like a ZR2 Bison or Gladiator but I will most likely buy a Honda Pioneer. Much cheaper and at the end of the day, my Tacoma TRD Sport can tow my Pioneer to where I want to go offroading and I will save thousands in the process.

Posts: 12508 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
quote:

Agreed, just built a Gladiator Overland & the MSRP was $4k more ($51k) than my F150 was ($48k) in 2016.
A Wrangler Sahara similarly equipped rang up to $47k.

Not sure how much dealers are discounting JLUs. If I got back into a 'truck' I'd give a Wrangler a hard look, along with the Jeep GC & 4Runner.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15520 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Until people quit buying them the manufacturers will keep pumping up the prices. I have heard about pricing themselves out of the market for years. Other than housing I don’t know of a single large price item that has continually climbed in price so quickly.

Jeep just listed a launch edition of the Gladiator and at $61,000 it sold out in minutes with 4190 available.

Posts: 3953 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Sales for the Wrangler were off in March by a significant 5.9% according to a report in Forbes. It remains to be seen whether the Gladiator's demand will be sustainable. The Gladiator's day one or even year one sales are all about hype and artificial exclusivity, and tell you next to nothing.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post