SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Actor Jussie Smollett’s Criminal Trial to Begin After Years of Delay
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Actor Jussie Smollett’s Criminal Trial to Begin After Years of Delay Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpIbM6p7DQ

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
I’d love to hear that little sissy’s response to this video. Certainly, the arrogant lying asshole will deny it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Cop to it Juicy. Or better yet, double down. Go to Home Depot and get some more rope. Maybe get together with Jared for your new Subway order.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6966 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Do you think the Left ever gets tired of being lied to?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Where does this case stand? Smollett had his outburst at sentencing, served a short amount of time, then got released and I've heard nothing until this.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
His case is sill being appealed, which he likely will lose, and his lawyers have requested a new trial, which I would be quite surprised if he got it. This means that most likely in the next few months he will have to go back to jail to serve the remaining 143 days of his sentence.

Frankly, I don't mind the delay much, because if he had served his 150 days all at once, he would be out now, but as it stands, this is before him every day. He damn well deserves to have this hanging over his head. He tried to blame white conservatives for his own racism. Every last bit of the troubles he has right now is his doing, and his alone.

Posts: 107572 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
On a quick search, looks like he has yet to serve his sentence as he is appealing his conviction with a whopping 150 day.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
For Juicy it's about recognition, even going to jail or rehab is something that keeps your name in front of the people in that industry, we know they care little about personal reputations, look how long Harvey Weinstein lasted banging young actresses looking for work, it took several woman getting him in a court room and years to bring him down. He's hoping he'll be able to work with Baldwin in an up and coming production.

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
On a quick search, looks like he has yet to serve his sentence as he is appealing his conviction with a whopping 150 day.
He served six or seven days.

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Wasn't he responsible for the CPD costs as well?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I watched the video.
I couldn't help but laugh.

I haven't heard "giving a noogie" in a long time.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:

It's a term that originated in Nigeria. Yeah. that's it.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Fox Nation is running a multi-part series, I watched 3 segments yesterday. Actually pretty interesting, and sad, and... Mad

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Alright, enough is Goddamned enough. This lying race-baiter was granted one last extension on his appeal. That was in March of this year. It's time for the court to make a decision. Jail time, or not? Which is it? This lying piece of shit little asshole needs to finish his sentence. Let's get on with it.

Six months, and no news. Stop stalling and put this little bitch back in jail.

Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:

Noogies at 4:25 (embed won't start anywhere else but the beginning:

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure in this ‘woke’ America a judge has the stones to mete out Justice.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
quote:

Noogies at 4:25 (embed won't start anywhere else but the beginning:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MYQTyQA38YA?si=S1_jd5nZ-aB36b5u" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

That was great, back when SNL was fun to watch...

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...-tuesday/ar-AA1gBmaK

The legal saga continues for former Empire actor Jussie Smollett, who is trying to avoid jail time.

On Tuesday, an Illinois appeals court panel heard arguments from his attorneys, who say his convictions should be tossed out.

Smollett claimed he was the victim of a hate crime in Streeterville in 2019. He was charged with 16 felonies alleging he orchestrated a fake hate crime against himself. Those charges were dropped.

A new indictment and trial followed, and Smollett was convicted on five counts of disorderly conduct in 2021. Smollett filed an appeal in March 2022, challenging his conviction.

His attorneys have argued he is being punished for the same crime twice because he forfeited his $10,000 bond payment and agreed to perform 16 hours of community service when Cook County prosecutors dropped the original charges. A judge later ruled that the deal was invalid and appointed a special prosecutor who filed the new charges leading to Smollett's conviction.

Smollett's team has argued that the trial violated his Fifth Amendment protections against double jeopardy.

CBS 2 Legal Analyst Irv Miller said he thinks Smollett's attorneys have a case.

"There's a legitimate argument here," Miller said. "A legitimate legal argument here, based upon the fact that acts were taken against him that put him in jeopardy. He paid a fine. He continued with his community service, and he didn't violate the terms of the agreement, which is typically required when you try to get rid of the agreement and say 'Hey we're going to start from scratch because you didn't behave yourself.' He did behave himself. He did his community service. He paid the fine, and the system decided, 'Well that wasn't good enough. We want to try him again.'"

So what happens if the court decides Smollett's attorneys have a case and that his Fifth Amendment rights were violated?

"If the appellate court says his Fifth Amendment rights were violated, he's going to walk out period," Miller said. "He's going to walk out the front door with no conviction and they can't try him again."

Smollett has never made a statement accepting guilt in the case, something the state prosecutor pointed out in court on Tuesday.

The ruling is expected to take several weeks.

If his conviction is upheld, he must complete the 150-day jail sentence handed down in 2022. He spent only six days behind bars before he was released while he appealed his conviction.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
The ruling is expected to take several weeks.
This a mockery of justice.