SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Time for a mutiny in these over reaching states?
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time for a mutiny in these over reaching states? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The latest in Michigan: If you want to visit a sit down restaurant and eat, you have give your name and phone number so you can be contact traced. $1000 fine for non-compliance. And it is "recommended" that you wear your mask while dining and only take it off to take a bite of food.
Whitmer no longer issues Exec. Orders. The State Health Dept. has taken over after the State Supreme Court ruled her orders were unconsitutional.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16094 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Hoping my homies in MI overwhelmingly vote red on the 3rd, you can do it!!

Scare that bitch toward being human

Posts: 5323 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
We were out for dinner, last night.

There was a table with three officers, nearby.

No one made mention of any of that stupid shit, when we got a table and sat down.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It might just be for certain parts of the state. Currently, the Yoop is considered a hot zone.

Posts: 16094 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
The latest in Michigan: If you want to visit a sit down restaurant and eat, you have give your name and phone number so you can be contact traced. $1000 fine for non-compliance. And it is "recommended" that you wear your mask while dining and only take it off to take a bite of food.
Whitmer no longer issues Exec. Orders. The State Health Dept. has taken over after the State Supreme Court ruled her orders were unconsitutional.

Just wondering...is the dept of health following her orders and if so, are they not still unconstitutional?

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
It might just be for certain parts of the state. Currently, the Yoop is considered a hot zone.

Undoubtedly Roll Eyes

That being said, now we cannot enter the vet's office.

They now have to come out and take your pet inside.

Fucking whitmer!

posted Hide Post
The Dept of Health walks in lock step with Whitmer.
As to DOS orders, I have no idea as to their legality.

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
My wife works for a restaurant group in West Michigan and EVERYONE is so tired of her and her shit.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:

So, why not just give ‘em a bogus name & number and pay with cash?

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
As to DOS orders, I have no idea as to their legality.

As I’ve mentioned before, public health regulations were some of the earliest laws established in human societies. Quarantines for things like yellow fever, smallpox, and the plague were stringently enforced. A hundred years ago during the so-called “Spanish Flu” pandemic the small town where my father was born and raised established a quarantine and fined offenders $200 for breaking it. That was two month’s salary for my grandfather when he was city marshal.

I’m sure the legality of public health regulations and the basis for their enforcement in modern times varies among jurisdictions, but in Colorado public health departments have the statutory authority to issue regulations pertaining to measures that are supposed to be followed. It is quite possible that what is illegal for the chief executive of a state to mandate is fully within the authority of public health agencies to order.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Apparently the Michigan Health Department failed to notice they were named in the suit against Whitmer that was decided by MiSC.

I believe by Michigan Constitution, only the Legislature can create laws. The MiHD can only enforce. This use of the 1918 Flu Pandemic as a base to create emergency rules is just another misapplication of power.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37965 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Technically speaking, her EOs were not ruled unconstitutional. The law, the Emergency Powers of the Governor Act of 1945, she was using as the basis for her EOs was ruled unconstitutional. She's using other parts of Michigan law as the basis for her current EOs.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

The latest in Michigan: If you want to visit a sit down restaurant and eat, you have give your name and phone number so you can be contact traced.

Glenn Quagmire, 328-7448. (EAT-SHIT)

I suspect that, if it doesn't keep people out of restaurants altogether, there will be a lot of such false info given out.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
My wife and I went out to eat last night, and did not have to give our name and contact info. Just the usual wear your mask until you get to the table, then take it off. As was said before. that is like having a peeing section in the pool.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
AND the Oregon Governor Kate Brown "Stain" has extended the "state of emergency" until 02 January.... except there is no emergency in the state except her draconian mandates, and her not allowing logging so that we end up with wildfires that take out small 100 year old towns on HWY 22 (Mill City, Detroit, and others).

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Shades of Obama. "I have no idea what to do, and can't really do anything anyway, so I'm going to do something that SOUNDS REALLY DRAMATIC on the evening news!"

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
I live just across the Mississippi in a free state (Iowa) and rarely cross the river.

https://www.chicagotribune.com...F4~1~1~2~5~art%20yes

All 11 regions in Illinois will soon be under tighter restrictions as coronavirus cases climb

By MORGAN GREENE
CHICAGO TRIBUNE |
NOV 01, 2020 AT 4:47 PM

All regions in the Illinois reopening plan will soon be under tighter restrictions as positivity rates for the coronavirus climb.

The final region to avoid the more restrictive measures — a chunk of north-central Illinois — will be under stricter rules starting Wednesday, officials announced Sunday.

The region, stretching from Kendall and McLean counties to the Iowa border, hit a rolling seven-day positivity rate of 8.5% last week. The region has had an average rate of 8% or above for three consecutive days, triggering the additional measures, Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s office announced Sunday.

As of Sunday, the region’s positivity rate was 9.3%, officials said.

“I know that the vast majority of people in this state want to keep themselves safe, their families and children safe, their parents and neighbors and friends,” Pritzker said in a news release. “I have always maintained enormous faith in the people of Illinois to do what’s right for each other. As cases, hospitalizations and deaths are rising across our state, across the Midwest and across the nation, we have to act responsibly and collectively to protect the people we love.”

When the restrictions take effect in Region 2, all 11 regions will be under the rollbacks in the governor’s plan, which include a ban on indoor dining and bar service, bar and dining service ending at 11 p.m. and at least a 25-person cap on gatherings. The restrictions do not apply to schools or polling places.

Mobile testing will be available this week in Region 2, including in Canton on Monday, Lewistown on Tuesday, Princeton on Wednesday, Macomb on Thursday, Aledo on Friday and at the Streator City Park on Saturday and Sunday, according to officials.

Illinois public health officials Sunday reported 6,980 newly confirmed cases of COVID-19, a day after the state reported a record 7,899 cases. There were also 35 additional deaths reported.

The seven-day average for the case positivity rate — total cases out of total tests — has jumped to 8% statewide, from 7.3% Thursday and 5.6% a week earlier. There were 78,458 tests reported as of Sunday in the prior 24 hours.

Since the start of the pandemic, the state has reported 417,280 cases and 9,792 deaths.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sigmund,

Posts: 15908 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Yeah, 'public health' will be the charade utilized to enslave us.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
The Michigan Governor has hitched her political career to Joe Biden's wagon. Well guess what Bitch, the wheels are coming off the wagon.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post