SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone else brush their teeth with bar soap?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else brush their teeth with bar soap? Login/Join 
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Your mother !

Uhh, what gives?

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
Then a few years ago a dentist told me the best thing to use to to clean your teeth, gums and mouth in general is the same bar soap you bathe with.

My wife used to work as an assistant and dental hygienist for a top dentist and dental surgeon in Western Europe. I told her what you wrote and her response was "I don't think so."

quote:
I thought he was nuts.

I'd have stuck with that initial thought.

One of the primary goals of brushing your teeth is to discourage the growth of bacteria--particularly along and just below the gum-line. Keeping that in mind: Search on "bar soap" and "bacteria."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your mother ..

I seem to remember that line from The Exorcist, but I don't get the reference. Frown

Posts: 5814 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I was reading a blog some months back and discovered a very basic recipe for a shampoo bar that rinsed well (with the addition of some apple cider vinegar). Since then, I have discarded my old soap recipe and just use the shampoo bar for both body and head.

Do you have a link to that recipe? I'm curious what the ingredients are, and how the shampoo bar is made.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Keeping that in mind: Search on "bar soap" and "bacteria."

More BS from neurotic germaphobes.

Everything you are in contact with every single day is covered in bacteria.

Better throw out your tooth brush too because it has bacteria on it. Your tube of toothpaste? Toss it. Hell, might as well just live in a sterile bubble.

Posts: 20557 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your mother sucks c--ks in hell!

Oh dang! I meant to post that in the give-away-movie-quotes thread! Hell of a quote to miss-post.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Oh dang! I meant to post that in the give-away-movie-quotes thread! Hell of a quote to miss-post.

that was my guess. and it cracked me the hell up when it showed in this thread.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^ I am both embarrassed, and amused.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I think toothpaste contains a fair amount of soap and detergents, but they are masked with a ton of mint flavor.

I'll stick with minty fresh.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53236 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
Do you have a link to that recipe? I'm curious what the ingredients are, and how the shampoo bar is made.

Just coconut oil (76), lye, and water. Easy peasy. Scent it with whatever essential oils you like (avoid fragrance oils). I'm currently using a peppermint eucalyptus mix.

Get yourself a "soap calc" app, plug in the superfat, the water/oil%, and volume of oil you'd like and it'll give you the recipe to use.

If you've not made soap before, there is a bit of a learning curve and it takes some practice to get right. Shoot me an email if you'd like and I can write out the process for doing it and the supplies you'll need to get you started.

Posts: 20557 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Give it a whirl.

Let's not and say we did.

Posts: 28642 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:
I had an uncle who in a drunken stupor while in Vegas put Ben Gay on his toothbrush. He said he would never forget it!

Bet he was talking shit for days.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31986 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

You know the rules young man,
now march upstairs to the bathroom

Posts: 24209 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How poor were you??? You couldnt afford to get tooth paste at the dollar store??

Posts: 5464 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife did the same thing. She still talks about it 5 years later Big Grin

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:

I had an uncle do the same thing with my tube of Clearasil when I was a teenager...Big Grin

I accidentally did it once with some kind of anti-itch cream. In the dark it looked like a tube of Colgate. Came out white, too. Sure didn't taste like it.

Posts: 430 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:

Just coconut oil (76), lye, and water. Easy peasy. Scent it with whatever essential oils you like (avoid fragrance oils). I'm currently using a peppermint eucalyptus mix.

Get yourself a "soap calc" app, plug in the superfat, the water/oil%, and volume of oil you'd like and it'll give you the recipe to use.

If you've not made soap before, there is a bit of a learning curve and it takes some practice to get right. Shoot me an email if you'd like and I can write out the process for doing it and the supplies you'll need to get you started.

Thank you. I will send you an email.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScorpionBoy:
quote:
quote:

that was my guess. and it cracked me the hell up when it showed in this thread.

And that's why I don't like the taste of soap!

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Your health starts in your mouth so I use toothpaste with grapefruit seed extract.

https://www.vitacost.com/nutri...ental-gel-peppermint

You can also get it at some health stores and drug stores like the Vitamin Shoppe.

Mouth wash like Listern can cause throat cancer due to the alcohol content. They have reduced the alcohol content some time ago.

https://sites.psu.edu/siowfa15...h-cause-oral-cancer/

Also cologne can cause damaged skin over time due to the alcohol and other ingredients.

Posts: 11881 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I am sitting in my office laughing my ass off at this. Red faced. Wow...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post